Time And Effort

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HogwinHD, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Tell you what.
    Let me try to establish that germanspeaking RP Guild and stuff and from time to time i'll see what goes.
    Mac already offered me some help.
    And i already have this or that Highlevel Player in my FL.
    I'm playing at a different timezone.
    I also like to figure out some thinks by myself. I'm collecting Obsidian Chips, because i know what some skills there can be the point.
    I already won some duells against people who are some levels above.
    I maybe will partake in the C Class Turney what was just anounced.
    But give me some weeks to have some things ready to 80.
    I am near to begin level innates and stats.
    All these are in the low 50ies to 60ies.
    Some things i arent ready to do yet.
    Maybe this needs time to get over it, I really like to stay that "authentic" class mage (Air and Ice for the Viking. Mani God of the Moon send me an Element of his daughter Hjuki to help me (Wisp) and as every good Seidr i can heal and ban draugr) i need that to have fun :p.
    And dont want to level fire or death only for resistance.

Time will tell. I dont want or need to accomplish that in a short time.

I really take and have the time.
    And someday sure i want to be part of, nor the best of the best, but maybe well known players.
    On thing is to stick yourself and what you like to be. I allways did that. I allways wont like to make to many compromises and loose my identitiy.
    And i know most of you do the same. ;)

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

We are all AVATAR'S!!! :cool:

mass likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

haahahaa, only the people lvl 100+ are the ones saying that adv level does not matter in PvP.

Adv lvl 90 = maybe 10 GM's
    Adv lvl 95 = maybe 15 GM's
    Adv lvl 100 = maybe 30 - 40 GM's
    Adv lvl 110 = Mabye 100-150 GM's
    ... continues almost exponentially.

Saying that does not matter it utter insanity.

Saying a lvl80 person with 5 GM's has a shot against a lvl 110 with 150 GM's is insanity. What is that 50 mil XP vs like 500 mil xp?

While you can say a lvl 95 has a shot against a lvl 100 if they are good, I think Im proof of that.

lol.. especially since every single one of you know how I am gonna PvP against you with my locked 15 GM's.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Cordelayne, Xandra7, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I got beat by a person who is probably in the 90's levels, so umm ya, it can happen. Maybe its cuz we are the only people that know, and everyone else just assumes?

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

or save the game. Depends if you like grinding or not. I do not like grinding so I think there should be skill caps. I think if you want unlimited power and progress you can get this in single player offline. Its an rpg thing not an mmo thing IMO.

Cordelayne, Xandra7 and Kaisa like this.
  6. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Adventurer Level plays A Very minute Part In PVp, But As @Jackdepirate has proved time and time again, It doesnt matter as much as people think, At one point i had 20 levels on him, i was 104-5 at the time and he rolled me over, because he created a deck i couldnt fight against, in pvp Strategy is King anyone who says different Is either a Liar or has no idea what they are talking about.

Hornpipe, Mac2 and Alley Oop like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

HA!

right... lets flip this around.

Im adventure lvl 94

I challenge any of you to bring your adv lvl 80 alt to the League and PvP me. Dont care what build, any adv lvl 80 build which is significantly less (almost exponential) a difference then 94 vs 110.

Im sure you might actually beat me 1 out of 10 times.

The only people I would truly be afraid of in that situation on this entire server is Corp or Kor who just really have some great PvP skills period (along with the top crafted items one can get in game). They even have the advantage knowing Im gonna hit them with Earth.

8. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

and what is that suppose to Mean?

That i am somehow inferior to those Guys?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Let me try and point out why having 151 gms in a pvp fight does not really mean much. First off 17 are crafting, so those are negated, if your not using any physical attacks, 11 more are negated, if I am not using physical attacks, 19 more are negated, Lets exlude things I only use for pve, another 12 negated, now things that unless you use them on my will not help life fire moon ect, another 34 negated. So even before I limit myself to what I use, we have already negated 94 skills. Now I will look at my pvp deck and see how many I use and how many more get negated. Keep in mind that if I use one skill of the tree, the whole tree does not get negated as it will all count towards attunement of the few skills from that tree I do use. 14 more skills negated. So 108 skills will not count leaving me with only 43. Are you starting to see why gm count is not the crucial stat to go off? Not to mention, gm is not a max skill, and people can have their skill at 99 and still be just as effective.

Level does not automatically give you the win in fights, if a person has no skill in playing, they are still going to get rolled by a skilled player. For example, one that does not use torpid torment to cancel a chaotic feedback or shield of air off their opponent, or does not heal themselves when needed, or does not have he right buffs on, or has a crappy deck, or tries to use only death on a person using flute of defiance, magic res pot and celestial blessing, or does not use douse vs someone using fire on them, ect ,ect, is probably going to lose. There are so many things that are knowledge and skill based when it comes to pvp. Having a good deck is more critical then levels, knowing your opponent also give great advantage as well, knowing the right time to use a skill, knowing when to use proper focus management. So many factors. They way you make it sound is like I can just give a high level toon to anyone, and they will roll everyone below their level with it despite not even knowing how to play the game.

Hornpipe, Tsumo2 and Vox Aquila like this.
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

if levels do not give you an advantage, what are you leveling for? Makes no sense to grind forever for nothing.

Kaisa likes this.
  11. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

because that is how we like to play the game? what harm are we doing to anyone?

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

first of all thank you for not ignoring me. That is an act of a coward. Second that statement was not directed to you but I will answer. He stated that levels do not matter and only a 5% increase from the levels he said. Well 5 percent is an advantage however you look at it. You play with like minded people in your little box every day and think thats what the majority of 60k+ backers feel. You might be to close to the forest to see the trees I think. Of course you are doing no harm to anyone by the way, its a game. It can be a better game though. If you are getting so riled up and so excited over just little me posting then maybe you should check yourself.

13. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

*yawns*

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I never said levels do not give you an advantage, what I am saying is levels do not automatically mean you win. Having a bunch of gms does not mean much either other then I can mentor people in many things, There is no time where all my gmes are being used at once.

Now, why do I keep playing the game? because I enjoy it, I find it fun. From my perspective its WAY better then staring into a zombie box (TV). As well, I get to meet people from all over the world, get to keep my math skills going, I can even make real money. Why do you play the game?

You might want to read things more carefully, you seem to say I have said things I did not say.

Hornpipe likes this.
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am glad you enjoy it. You are not my enemy. My quote to you was if the levels do not mean that much then why, but you answered it because you think "its fun". I do not think its fun, I think hard caps would be a level playing field instead of some people always being ahead of me, I mean always. I will never reach the elite status in this game because I cannot put the time in. Therefor why should I play it if I cannot be at the top eventually? I agree about the television, I do not even own one. I got rid of the "programming" back in 08 :) . I meet all kinds of people all over the world also, but you can do that on many different social medias like facebook or one of the many others. I am not into the RMT in this game and that is another turn off, but thats for a different thread. Why do I Play this game, well when I backed this game at kickstart it was a very different game presented than what is now. I am only saying what I think is right. If you hate me for telling my truth, then hate me, but in arguments on a forum I hate no one, and you should feel the same way. Just because someone does not think like you does not make them your enemy.

Cordelayne, Xandra7, Preachyr and 4 others like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] :D

Hornpipe and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

"Therefor why should I play it if I cannot be at the top eventually?"

So you only do things if your going to be the best at them?

"I meet all kinds of people all over the world also, but you can do that on many different social medias like facebook or one of the many others."

But facebook does not offer me an interesting challenge, not the same amount of fun. Can only see so many cute kitty pics before they lose their luster.

"Why do I Play this game, well when I backed this game at kickstart it was a very different game presented than what is now. I am only saying what I think is right. If you hate me for telling my truth, then hate me, but in arguments on a forum I hate no one, and you should feel the same way. Just because someone does not think like you does not make them your enemy."

I only started playing in r37 or 38, somewhere around there. I understand with the game was not presented the same way it is now. They also said crafted items will be the best items but with the introduction of artifacts, that became false as well. I don't hate you, what I don't like though, is the idea that because you cannot play as much, I should be limited. Pretty much along the lines of what you said, just because you feel this way, does not mean everyone does, so why are you trying to force restrictions on other peoples playstyle?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Again.... Yep o_O... I heard some of that from Chris during the R41 postmortem... Didn't like it at all :( It won't drive me crazy... but I just don't get the cave in to the ideology that somehow time and effort doesn't = reward.
    ~Time Lord~

Mac2 and cyathome like this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I want the ability yes, as I want everyone to have the ability. It seems you are very defensive about this.

please stay on topic as I answered your original question now you are trying to derail.

You would not be limited, as there is an impossible goal already. A hard cap/skill cap just defines it more and make you make more hard choices, a staple of Richard Garriott games. You always had to make hard choices, with consequences. So really its just about how far you can grind further than another person. That is what the soft cap is. Can you put more hours grinding in? That is it in a nutshell and why I do not like the system.

Ice Queen, Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This part bugs me no doubt, but I can see where these types of caps through other means other than hard caps, "it's a brave new world in gaming ideas", so I must abide.
    [​IMG] :p~TL~

Cordelayne and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.