Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Solace Bridge Outskirts: Some areas are uninspired ugly and boring

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Sinclair, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Sorry to write this dear Portalarium team, but i am quite unsatisfied with the delivered quality. You can do it much better. Saying it straight forward. There are areas which really needs an iteration. In 2017 textures are allowed to be much more sharpen with higher resolution. Especially beginners areas should be designed very lovely to let the players in the game.

- The pond is using water textures being used in the first releases. Very bad and ugly looking. Compared to the river and sea water textures a hell of a differences. Along the shore very squared edges.
    - Super simple 1-way quests: Find a picture, kill a wolf etc....i think for a Starter Zone much better quests should be designed. These are quests which i learn with every Unity Beginners Tutorial. Where is the richness of storytelling and multi-step quests?
    - general textures (seeing this also very often in other scenes), textures are very blurry with very low resolution.
    - In some areas more "life" could be added. More animals, where are the birds flying around?, more mobs...

Let me also say that not everything is bad, there are also some places which are very nicely designed with a high dense of object details. But this dense and details are not everywhere delivered.....

Boring low res shore, edges, very ugly water textures, not a single plant and the shore ....is this a lovely place? Also in 2013 it was an ugly water texture...
    [​IMG]

Low res and blurry textures..you can see this very often in the entire game /scenes
    [​IMG]

A bit more phantasies and object pls. A boring place not worth to met there again...
    [​IMG]

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But, but Early Access! Episode 1 of 5! Endless updates coming! You can't judge this game, evar!!!111 It will get better and better over the next decades! How dare you judge a game you have paid money for! Just joking ;)

But I agree, the game is still lacking in so many parts... Some of which have been lacking for years - *cough* quests and storytelling *cough*

Chatele, Salix and Sinclair like this.
  3. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Yes i know, but i felt better after my posting :) I see this ugly water textures with the squared edges since 2013....

Chatele and Marcus Antoninus like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

What we need is not necessarily better grafix, although it wouldn't hurt, but better stories!!!
    Remember posts about Ultima's 4,5,6,7?
    They need to pick up us in hour heads, if the story soaks me in from the first second, I can live without grafix like a book or I can live with oldsql sprites if the story is exciting!

Gariott and Hickman, i know some good examples for good story's , but until I didn't see anything of it in SotA.
    I love the game, but not for it's story's until, I have read better ones in this forum :(.

The Lore of the game and the Prequel Book is nice, but we strongly need something that get us into the Canon from the first screen after the intro.
    And although I like the intro and smiled a little bit, it's not what I've expected and remembered me of Tron an not of an epic fantasy saga.
    Yes a saga, we need a saga, something like Dragonlance , Forgotten realms story's around Raistlin's, Caramon's... Alfred's, Haplo's, Patryn's

Where is that density ?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Jens_T and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think at least some of the quests should have a virtue impact, and take the opportunity to explain how virtue effects the avatar.

Sir_Michael, Spoon, Sinclair and 2 others like this.
  6. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I am not expeting SotA having the best graphics, otherwise i would left it long time ago.
    My critics are not generally about graphics, but nowadays i believe we can expect for many polygons/meshes better textures as like those "immersion killing" water textures with edges i have not seen back to Morrowind. This is simply not lovely implemented.

Chatele and Stundorn like this.
  7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

yeah somewhat useless in it current state.

8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Agree with Sinclair

9. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

They do not have any high texture aquatic plant assets. They should buy high texture aquatic plant assets from Turbosquid or from the Unity Asset Store.

10. Mischievous Dragon

Disagree about more objects to the beach as many beaches in the real life have hardly any objects.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Barugon and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

All the beaches I have been to, and I have been to a lot of them, has either Palm trees with umbrellas, picnic benches, Piers, lots a nice sea shells along the shore, boats , etc and seaweed, seagulls , turtles, sea grass, so on and so forth ....

Sinclair, MindBlast and majoria70 like this.
  12. Mischievous Dragon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.