Robes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Heya.

Not played in 2 years and was wondering if people can generally pick up robes now?

One thing that irked me when wanting to play a mage role was the lack of easily obtainable robes (or any robe at all back then). I have seen people talking about Cabalist robes and Elven robes, but they sound hard to pick up. Are there also generally crafted robes now for the budding mage?

Oh, and as a side question, is investing in the Life tree still mandatory for any and all healing or is it possible to create a pure warrior?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no plain robes yet, but now that they have two kinds i'm hopeful something will filter down to the masses soon.

@Sara Dreygon is a successful pure warrior, but even he takes a healer along occasionally.

Time Lord, Leelu and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back. Really there was a problem with cloth sims was one reason I think Robes have taken so long. Still cloaks and long dresses climb up your ****sometimes sorry for graphic comment ;). So cloth sims are not totally resolved but so much better. We are getting there. If I can help anytime I am Majoria in the game. :)

Barugon, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  4. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Good to know. And hello Majoria, I definitely remember you ^^

I'll likely check back later on the robe thing before playing. I am a stickler for the classic look, but I'm willing to wait :)

Time Lord, Leelu and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you and as mentioned any of us would be happy to group with you to get your robe so you can have your special look :)

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ive been around for 18 months now and whenever robes come up they always say its a complex design issue, which still mess cloaks up to this day (cloak cuts the player in half). It has to do with the top of a char being different then the bottom.

However, I believe there Cabilist robes in game right now that work right? They are pretty awesome from what I have seen.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Cabalist robes are in the game. We got the hoods, too, except you can't wear them without the masks... I'm betting a lot of players would want to be able to wear the hoods without the masks.

Time Lord, Leelu and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I'm pure cannibal. Don't need heals and I do fine.

9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

And I might have been more inclined to buy that 18 months ago but lets face it - most clothing options are add-on store only. No one should expect the big selection of easily made and easily dyable wearables that UO had.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Can someone give me a picture of the Obsidian Robe without the Hood?

Initially i wanted one, but the Hoods are all to evil to me and i want to stick to my Witch Hat. As i am Grey Mage it looks like Ganfalf the Grey :)

Curious if such a Robe would fit if it's coloured grey and without the Hood.

Can you get a pattern of that or do you need to try to enchant the Cabalist Robe?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cabalist robes are not dyeable.

Time Lord and Stundorn like this.
  12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Definitely possible but it'll take some higher end blade and defensive skills. Defensive stance, glancing blow, parry, and fortify defenses cuts down a lot of damage, then you just need to kill whatever you're fighting quickly so it stops hitting you. Many highish level mobs don't even get an attack off much of the time.

Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
  13. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

To be fair, I'd argue the game already has more wearables than UO. I mean, for the pre-releases alone there was a new mask/hat for each of them. But it's not a stretch to expect at least one robe in a fantasy game, especially one with a focus on community and roleplaying.

It's been a long time, but aren't clothes in this game already able to be dyed?

And the last time I played UO there was only one robe, unless you counted the shroud, but no one liked wearing that :p

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Because we need it ;)~TL~

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.