Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Naming on song titles is censoring way too much

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Viper_Venom, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

It appears to me the naming of song titles is now using the same filter as character creation. This is complete censorship of art. I can understand filtering swear words, but this is completely ridiculous.

For example, here are some words I can't put in my song titles; "Blackthorn", "British", "Sir" or "Duke". I'm pretty sure also "King" and "Lord".

Some of these are very common words and need to be used in song titles. Please don't apply the same settings as character creation to an art form. I can't name my songs properly anymore.

I don't understand what was wrong with the filter before. I wasn't trying to make swear words or anything so I don't even know, but this is not acceptable.

Edit: Removed unnecessary complaining.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Agree, music and books must be excluded from the filter. It should only be for names (player, vendor, pets, etc).

3. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Definitely books also. These are very creative art forms. I'm sure this is just an oversight and I'm freaking out about nothing. It doesn't make sense to censor art like this. I don't see them listed specifically in the patch notes, but it doesn't list everything.

Tamsen likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I know they will get to this eventually, but just in case... @DarkStarr @Attenwood is this a bug? If so, can this be moved to the appropriate subforum?

Quenton likes this.
  5. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

@Viper_Poison
    The present filter used for the song titles seems to be too aggressive when blocking out language.
    If there are specific words that you see blocked in song titles,
    please submit a bug report to the Music section of the bug forums for further review.

6. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

@Mischievous Dragon Thank you I did submit a bug report yesterday, but I only gave a few examples. I think it needs a separate filter. It seemed fine to me before. Are you saying I should choose each word to unblock?

7. Mischievous Dragon

@Viper_Poison For starters, just report blocked words which are annoying you personally. Delivering examples of full song titles with blocked words would be more effective for your report to be considered as a bug.

8. Mischievous Dragon

Possibly just adding a whitelist of words for the song titles would be enough to resolve the issue.

9. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

It should be using the same filter as chat. If it's not blocked in chat, it shouldn't be blocked on song titles or book titles. A profanity filter is all that is needed to keep the game all ages. There is no reason to infringe upon freedom of speech. These are art forms, not misrepresentations of characters.

Tamsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.