Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ghosts Need To Be Able To Climb Ladders

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Beaumaris, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Ghosts need to be able to climb ladders.

Its not fun to be stuck in the sewers, dead, and have no access to an ankh because of water with ladders blocking the way. As is, as a ghost, I get a green cursor for ladders, but they don't activate to climb when in ghost form.

I think I commented on this ten releases ago. Is the game design intended to prevent ghosts from getting back to ankhs in scenarios like this? Or will this eventually be addressed?

As is, it makes me want to stay out of sewers.

Cheers!

uhop, Lord Andernut, Lexie and 3 others like this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

oOOoooOOOooo oOoO oOOOO oOOO

Lexie and Damian Killingsworth like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

:D Its funny, because ghosts can ride elevators. like in the Fall.

Actually, my dream here is some Featherfall magic to come in the game, and then if the tech could be implemented, ghosts could use a slower version of the same effect to jump upward endlessly.

Grimace2 likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

When this was raised a long time ago in a hangout then they said that the green cursor "interact" was disabled so that ghosts can not open doors - which is by design.
    The bit where one cannot climb laddders to get to an ankh was unintentional though.

I tried to get some traction for changing it so that not all interactions was disabled but they thought it was too big a task.

So what I have been doing instead which is a workaround is report water areas without ankhs as bugs. Sometimes the world builders throw one in which we can use. Like in the Epitaph there was a pit one couldn't get out of if dead - and one died when falling into it - so had to wait for ressurect at spawn . But now instead it has an ankh next to the bottom so one has to climb out.

uhop, Grimace2 and Beaumaris like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks Spoon! So it sounds like a QA activity needed for the whole game. One dev's avatar should run sewers as a ghost, while another follows placing ankhs at the key pinch points that prevent ghost movement for all dungeons.

uhop, Chatele and Spoon like this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If there are places you can't access any ankh please do a /loc then auto-paste that information in the bug section of the forums (as a report) when you run across them. Pretty please.

Now that you mention it, I think Chilbains has that issue. I can't make promises (I am the QA newb) but we can at least review it.

uhop, discipleofweb, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes, please add one to the Malice Rotunda so if you die you can rez there and not have to wait 5 minutes for the timer to run out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.