Path of Love quest....totally confused

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Belladonna Rose, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Hello @Duke Gréagóir

Just the MAIN THINGS on the path of love as I remember:

SOLACE BRIDGE: Edvard
    SOLTOWN
    : Guard
    ARDORIS:
    - Khasi and Siranto
    - Min Liang Tan
    TOWER OF THE SHUTTERED EYE
    - Min Liang Tan
    ARDORIS:
    - Khasi and Siranto
    - Spiritual Speaker at the Sequanna place inn
    NECROPOLIS:
    - Meet the nice ghost (named from a former SotA player), and a few Skeletons ...
    - downstairs: follow your nose and meet NYX, Mother of Shadows, Reaper of Souls
    - further behind the Elementals, through the caves, finding a bridge: runnig through the Spiders
    - Meet more Skeletons and at the end the Guardian of the Dead. He tells you to enter the Ruins of Midgard. And has another -hard- side quest for you!
    - Leaving Necropols
    Go north and at the crossroad (Kiln is left hand) walk right, follow the path to
    MIDGARD RUINS.
    Keep care: PVP-zone!
    Alternate: enter KILN, take the cistern quest (it’s too hard for beginners!)
    But there you find a key from a water elemental, which gives the passage to the
    CRYPT OF THE AVATAR
    Entered through Kiln passage or Midgard ruins and going straight to a bulding with a ladder down ...
    Meet Samael. Talk to the two ghosts.
    There is a small quest to find Mile’s report.
    After this you know: you have to travel to Malice.
    Keep care: don’t go further into the crypt. Take your way back as you entered!
    To enter Malice you have to visit Spite! From Midgard you have to walk to the NE of Novia.
    SPITE
    - enter the Keg and Egg Tavern and talk to Samael.
    - talk to the undertaker
    - go to the Ferryman at the harbour. Ask him and say yes, if you are ready for Malice!
    MALICE
    Infront of the entrance: talk to the undertaker.

After Entering get ready to fight (call your pet, etc.) against several spiders.
    It is a good idea to run through the spider“tunnel“, open and close the door behind you.
    But: when dying, BEFORE opened another place with resurrection cross, you have to wait or log out!
    A big whish to the developers (not only) from me: Let us – as a ghost! – jump throug doors, PLEASE :)

The spider tunnel behind you, take the door to the right. Keep Care! So much dead …
    Nearly at the end of the floor you can breakup a wall right of you and there are two things:
    1. A resurrection point
    2. A ladder up
    Check the skeleton at the stairs
    After leaving the spider tunnel behind, you’re inside the hall, with Samael. Talk to him and receive information about the true reason for him to travel to malice! (All you need is love!)
    After doing this. Enter through the door left of him (means the door vis-a-vis the chamber oft he spiders you came from!)
    Keep care! and running straight down the stairs. You find a note and in the headles skeleton a gem.
    Infront of you is a barrier.
    You find 2 more notes and gems going the left floor and the right floor. Really hard enemies. Keep care!
    After this you should be able to go through the barrier! Behind are a few more (hard) Skel. Mages.

Just follow the path and at the end you find ANAPA. Listen to him, kill him, and you will reach Sequanna, one oft he titans. She is in chains and after talking to her and Samael about a ring, you receive
    1. the Heart of Sorrows.
    2. 100.000 XP! WOW!
    All we need is Love
    ... AND XP! :)

The story so far …

Keep care and a lot of love :)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I ask myself if a new player will get strong enough while he do the Questline from Soltown to Malice, because the quest is in time and grinding or even tons of sidequests to go further seems confusing while you loose attraction to the path of...

I did Courage, was easy, i am now ready to visit the Crypt of the Avatar.
    Hit level 70 yesterday and hardened Skeletons are manageable until there are not too much (Archers and Mages especially) at the same time.

3. Paladin Michael

As I was a new player I started and tried to do the path of love.
    Before they changed the Skel. at Shuttered Eye Tower it was very hard. No chance to make it. So I did every quest I found instead and - this was the good thing - I did, what I never had done: I started to learn crafting abilities :) An unexpected interesting thing of the game ... I didn't use these things in UO, because I always was the adventurer and loved to follow story and questlines.

Now there are normal Skel. in the Tower. And outside the Hardened will just come in the dark.
    If you enter the tower and just go upstairs to Min Liang you can do it. The rooms above him are hard for beginners because of the Liches, Skel. and Hardened mage.

As I wrote above: If I had to start again I would do the paths beginning with Truth, then Courage and after this Love, because you have to fight less in the first two paths.
    After them it should be ok to carry on the love path without stopping and grinding ...

AND: with the new outskirts it will be easier as it was for us - that's the price we game tester pay :) But I really enjoyed it to see the way the game extended and now the quests will implemented.
    So I think, from July, a new player can have really a lot of good game hours -without grinding- while doing the quests.
    And think of the last path of the oracle: well, one more to do after the first three.

After that a player can explore the lands and do other side quests, like Desolis book quest, Ardoris book quest and Necropolis book quest or the Ardoris Easter Bunny quest :)
    Don't forget, there is also a quest for every skill tree ELEMENTAL before receiving it.

After polishing the questlines and having all quests inside, there is a lot to do ...
    And may be than we can go further to be game tester of Episode 2 :)

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There are four notes and three gems to find to get the barrier down in Malice. The only note that is not listed is the one right before the spider cave at the beginning.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  5. Paladin Michael

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What a game with a single-player narrative needs is quests that really matter und which have an impact on the world and/or the inhabitants or at least those involved in the quest.

What I ask myself is: What would happen if I don't do the quest? What would happen if I wouldn't find the arsonist in Soltown? Would he attack again and burn down the camp? Would someone die?
    Another question I ask myself is: What happens if I do the quest? What happens if I catch the arsonist? Will he be brought to justice? Will he rot in jail? Will I be able to visit him in jail and maybe question him further? Will he escape and hunt me down, seeking revenge?

Also, for me, following the story of a game needs a flow. If a game wants to tell an exciting story, it should tell it with a flow. Imagine Frodo and his friends reaching the gates of Moria. They had an exciting adventure full of great stories up to this point. But the monsters inside Moria are way too tough. So the heroes leave the mines again and grind some wolves in the wilderness only to return later. Would this make for a good story? For a good flow? But in SotA we are ripped out of this flow because suddenly we are in a five skull area. It is way too hard for people who just followed the story up to this point. So there the story suddenly stops and we have to grind just to be able to continue. This is not good storytelling.

This is a huge problem of the game - combining the single-player narrative which needs exciting stories that have a flow with MMO mechanics that need some grinding and high-level content etc. It simply doesn't fit. So my solution would be:
    Either introduce level scaling so that I can enter every scene no matter what level I am - similar to The Elder Scrolls Online
    Or remove the story part and put it into the offline mode which can then have a totally different balancing and thus a real flow to the story

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

The mobs in Malice are overpowered. I've submitted a bug about this.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../known-malice-mobs-nearly-impenetrable.88910/

Unfortunately, it's one of the many circumstances where it isn't clear if something is "working as intended" or not. :(

8. Royou

Royou Avatar

Is the side quest in the Crypt of the Avatar active yet? searched high and low looking for Mile's report but could not find it, or is it in the PVP zone?

Sir_Michael likes this.
  9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

You have to talk to Eris first to get it in the journal. The Obsidian Construct carries it. I hope they increase the reward since it is hard to get down there and back up, even with Samael helping out.

Royou, Beli and Sir_Michael like this.
  10. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I know you liken this to the "MMO" part of SotA, but you just described JRPGs.

11. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is maybe one of the reasons why players in Asia like it more to grind than western gamers...

12. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

So how would you rescale the areas so that the "grind" is lessened?

Flatten the power curve? Somehow create a more dynamic power scaling system that bases the area being entered on the power of the individual or some averaging if in a group?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.