Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Let us Share Decks.

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Anunnaki, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

I just figured it would be great if we could share decks with people. Have an option like, Trade, Examine or Share deck. Sharing the deck would just simply upload the deck to the other player, just like how you had set it up. What do you guys think?

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sounds cool... How about starting with this, though...

Some NPC trainers in the game will teach players by giving them pre-made decks?

3. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

I can dig it, smart.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Great idea! This would also help new players alot. They just need a way to show glyphs or skills that are in the deck that the player hasn't unlocked yet.

Time Lord and Anunnaki like this.
  5. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

Right on!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I really like this idea. It's like hey I don't want to make my own deck or don't want to learn so just choose a random one. Tell the trainer what you are looking for and see what they come up with. ;) Very fun idea. :)

Sentinel2, Tamsen, Rinaldi and 2 others like this.
  7. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

i feel like we are snow ballin' here.. lol

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

That would be some serious improvement for QoL stuff, especially with new players onboarding.

Tamsen, Time Lord and Anunnaki like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Anunnaki What happens to the deck someone "shares" with you, when you don't have the skills the deck calls for ?

Anunnaki, Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Mage, Cloth Armor, Staff
    Main Deck with some Variations: 20 Glyphs total 6-4-20 instead of 5-5-18, because it works well for me, but have several other decks to support only or to harvest with 3 dynamic slots for Animal charm to avoid fighting animals.
    1-3 dynamic: Ice Arrow + Lightning/ CL/ Ban Undead depends on Mobs i fight.
    4-5 dynamic: Meteor Shower (alternative Healing Ray + Healing Grace )
    6 static: Blink/Icefield /Animal Charm/ Monbeams..., lets say smth. that supports Kiting or CC
    7 static: Def Stance
    8 static: Dodge
    9 static: Aetheric Feedback/ Douse/ Fortify Defense (depends on mobs)
    0 dynamic: Healing Ray + Healing Grace

Buff Stats (+ Celestiel Blessing if fighting Mages), sheath weapon, buff DefStance, Dodge, AF/ Douse/FD depending on mobs, move/kite stacking Ice Arrow, stacking additoinal damagespell (Lightning, CL, Ban Undead) stacking MS, try to always stay on distance, blink away or slow Mobs with icefield - fight!
    Keep Def Buffs up, Heal if neccessary.
    If i ran ooF i sheathe and run circles until i have enough Focus recovered.
    Sometimes i flee and blink away.
    Mostly use the Wisp to additional CC the Mobs, but sometimes i also use the Air or Water Elemental.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Solazur, Anunnaki and Time Lord like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think this is a good idea, yet I also think it should come at a price to be paid, "to the game from your bank account or from the receiving player's account to the game as an option" <gold sink> ... but with a special addendum of, that the receiving player must still acquire the needed skill in order to unlock the higher skills they have received.
    I'd like to see all of the above done in conjunction with this "let me share my deck with you" thing. Yet also, that the skill sets from NPC skills trainer's premade decks, be something generic, classed in nature and above all very simple, with a need to return to the trainer for higher skills of what they received.

For Example; Want to be a mage? What type of mage would you like to be?

Most players that come into our game do not know all the complexity our game has to offer them. (assumption on my part, but we must make this as K>I>S>S as possible... Keep it simple and stupid).

[​IMG]
    :confused: Reminds me of me sometimes :p

:rolleyes: And So... we need the NPC trainer not to be any sort of complex or far reaching within the builds.
    For those who would wish to move more slowly in the acquisition of combat knowledge, they would just simply need to say "no thanks, I need to learn more before heading down that path".

~Time Lord~;)

Solazur and Anunnaki like this.
  12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

The game is rich enough.. let the gold go to the "sharing" player.

Hmmm speaking of gold, how long has it been since I reminded @Chris that the LOOT for the < lvl 90 crowd SUCKS ? :)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

While that sounds like a good idea about the gp$, it's my understanding that the "future economy" will have much less uses for gold other than trades between players for goods and services. That is to say that the economy is aimed at being a player based economy which is for things and services. We could call this a service to the player asking for it, yet if our player withheld gp $ continues to climb, it will harm our economy. I don't know many players with highly skilled character card sets I'd want to have that need another $100 gp per card added to their pile by teaching others.

[​IMG]

Naturally I could be wrong, but gold sinks are something we always need to look for and add to our game because a lower withheld gp by players is a good thing, while rising player wealth is a bad thing.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Dewd..... the loot on everything sucks for everyone, btw.

But seriously, it has always sucked big-time and I can only assume that they are waiting 'till just prior to launch to re-visit and fix it.
    They have to be as certain as they can that there are no major exploits ready to happen before they make all loot "worthy" of the risk.

Time Lord and Solazur like this.
  15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Well actually, there was that brief time after we went persistent when you could earn a decent living. Then somebody decided the economy was going to sheisse and the "solution" was to reduce the durability on all the weapon drops. Of course as we all know (just spend a little time on the Discord trading channel) the top tier players are doing reasonably well with earnings. I'm gonna keep on pounding this drum because I am of the opinion that it is one of the major things negatively impacting the game. Our server population is really low.... the activity on the Discord Gen Chat is mostly run by the crickets. I really tire of hearing things like ..look at all the items unsold on vendors... etc etc. Of course stuff isn't moving. Of the items that aren't just crap that didn't make the grade for upper tier sales (and really should just be scrapped.. I mean get real) the average Joe or Jane has no loot to purchase.

here endeth my rant.. for the moment.

HOWEVER... I'll be back

@Chris pls dude... turn up the dura so folks can earn!

Sentinel2 and Time Lord like this.
  16. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

Lets try and stay on topic. lol Deck Sharing.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

lol

Deck Sharing FTW

and LOOT!

Time Lord and Anunnaki like this.
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

No solazur, just deck sharing.

Time Lord, Anunnaki and FrostII like this.
  19. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Avatar

How do we get a Dev to comment on something like this? Wonder if it's even possible.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it is release week this week plus Darkstarr is out ill. I would just ask it at the telethon questions on the 31st ;). I would say this would be a future feature request. To be able to have pre-made decks would help some I'm sure. I don't know about the tech involved in it though ;)

edited oops messed up my quote ;)

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Anunnaki and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.