Item recipes, stats, and other info

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Tiina Onir, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I still have a lot of work to do on this, but I wanted to get it out there. I've been working on a website for keeping all the recipes for all the items, as well as all the stats on those items. I've been concentrating on the foods, and that list is just short of complete but, as they say, "the perfect is the enemy of the good," so without further adieu,

Sections which are believed complete (please report any mistakes or omissions):
    Smelting: Everything from my book.
    Alchemy: missing "Poison, Chaos"
    Milling: Everything from my book (looks incomplete).
    Tanning: Everything from my book.
    Butchery: Believed complete.
    Blacksmithing: Everything from my book (incomplete).
    Tailoring: Everything from my book.
    Carpentry: Everything from my book.
    Cooking: Believed complete.
    Textiles: Everything from my book.
    Obsidian Forge: Everything from my book.

Here's a listing of all the items with re-teachable/discoverable recipes. It's now linked to the rest of the site.

There are a number of things I still need to do:
    • I'm missing 6 food recipes. (Should be added this week) (DONE!)
    • I need to get the list sorted consistently. (DONE!).
    • I need to fill in the other recipies.
    • Fix bugs, including any errors I may have made in entering data (please report them here if you spot any!)
    • Allow for news updates on the front page.
    • Allow for feedback on the site itself.
    • Add any information I can pull from the Public API
    • Improve "Items" section of browse pages
    • Add advanced searching (including by Stat Duration and Stat affected)
    • Add support for ingredients that can resolve to multiple items (ie "metal binding").
    While this may look to many like "Yet another SotA recipe site," I have started it to address some pet-peeves with the other sites I've found: Not listing the number prepared and not listing both the stats and the recipe. I have a few other ideas for features, but they will be added after I get enough of the items in to make them useful. This site is purely interested in the mechanics: stats, recipes, where to find hard to find things. It's not going to be getting into lore.

If I've made any mistakes, or you see anything I could do to make it more useful, please post it here, PM me here, or feel free to contact me in game (Tiina Onir).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Updates for the week of 4/29

Lists are now sorted consistently (alphabetically, to be precise).
    I'm considering moving the equipped tool to the top of the recipe.
    I've added all of the Gems now. They include the recipes, and the stats applied. A few include what enchantments they allow (this will take a while to get complete experimentally).
    I've added all of the Jewels now. They only include the recipes. I'll get the stats next week.

Known Issues:
    Dragon Stew incorrectly lists the the -50 focus for the full 8hrs. The DB cannot handle differing stat durations at the moment, I will get this fixed next week. (FIXED!)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Good Work!
    Maybe Add duration of the food.

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It already has the duration on the foods, it's right by each stat. (that's actually what's wrong with Dragon Stew, one stat has a DIFFERENT duration and I can't store that yet). I'll try to get the layout to match the in-game layout next week.

EDIT: Just realized you meant duration on the page I linked. If you click the actual recipe, it has it. I think the answer there is to make a more advanced search function. That's a pretty in-depth project though. I think it will happen once I get a more complete recipe list.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Sara Dreygon and Stundorn like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ups, overseen it.

6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Sorry for the downtime today. I was reconfigureing the DB to fix the duration problem with "Dragon Stew". It gave me all kinds of fits. It's fixed now! (hopefully I'll not have to touch that query again)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

When I fixed the "Dragon Stew" recipe, I broke the interface for modifying recipes. It's taken longer then expected to resolve. I have the changes to the UI done, I just need to get it tied to the back-end. (hopefully this coming week I can get it done).

I did update the user UI slightly. Now the stats show green if they are positive and red of they are negative (like the in-game UI)

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

A week past my worst estimate :eek:, I finally have the item-add functionality working again.
    That said, it's now much better:
    • first, it works again (which it hasn't since the "dragon stew" fix)
    • all of the changes are done using single pl/pgsql function now. This means
    • it's atomic (it either fully does the update, or does none of it)
    • It doesn't waste sequence numbers as badly. (there is still an improvement that could be made here, but I don't think it's worth the effort at this time)
    • I can make as many changes as I want before committing the update to the DB. (this should mean I can work much faster)
    • The python/flask code is much cleaner
    There are still a couple things I'd like to improve with it, namely error reporting. I mean, there shouldn't be any errors, but as they say "A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street", but I'm a little burned out on back-end stuff no one but me will ever see. In the next week I plan on getting some more Alchemy items in. I have some ideas about pulling data from the public API I'd like to start looking into. I also had some ideas about how I can restructure the browse pages to make them a bit better (and will also facilitate even more functionality in the future).

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Looking great so far, and I love how fast it loads, like greased lightning! :) I featured this as a link at SotAHelp.org -- hope you get the time to finish this massive undertaking, so far its fabulous!

Sara Dreygon and Tiina Onir like this.
  10. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Thanks for the kind word and the link! I think it's more a marathon then a sprint...

hrm... I'll need to make a "Friends" page to link back.

Sara Dreygon and Elgarion like this.
  11. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you as well!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Ok, I did some refactoring on the code for the browse pages in preparation for some layout improvements I have in mind. Unfortunately it caused some problems, everything should be good now.

Over the week I managed to add:
    • Support for stats with ranges
    • Support for stats with no point value (namely Duration when on Poisons)
    • Support for periodic stats (again, mostly used for Poisons)
    • Added all potions except for "Poison, Festering Death" and "Poison, Chaos"
    All the things I added support for, I don't think would have been possible (at least not so quickly) without the modifications that took so long. Suffice it to say, they are working far better then I even hoped. There is a known bug with some poisons where they will show a stat as red (because it's a negative) even though it applies to your target, not you (and is green in-game). I should have a fix for that next week.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not sure whether chaos poison isn't in because the info is weird and hard to add or because you don't HAVE the info, but i got one in loot in case it's the latter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Sara Dreygon and Tiina Onir like this.
  14. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm just looking for a copy of the recipe for those two. I'll get the stats added, anyway.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Ok, (except for the two missing poison recipes) as far as I'm aware Alchemy is done. I do need to go ahead and finish support for ingredients that can be fulfilled by different items. That should happen today or tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to have to take the site down for a bit soon. This will happen during the day on a weekday (CDT/NBT), so I doubt many will be affected. The setup it's running on is really designed to be a cluster, but I haven't had the hardware for it to operate that way. It's going to be getting that hardware now, including 10GigE for intra-cluster traffic. It's also going to be doubling the processing and memory resources, and greatly increasing disk-space. To better utilize these resources, I'm strongly considering separating the nginx front-end from the container running the python/flask code. In order to better keep a handle on the site, I'm also considering adding a container running splunk for log analysis.

I'm not sure when this will happen yet as, while I got my shiny 10G switch, they forgot mounting hardware, so I'm waiting on that still.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Okay, I've finally managed to get everything working for doing green/blue deployment. This should help me prevent downtime when working on the code. In the process I've had to change the address from https://sotadb.info/ to https://www.sotadb.info. Going to the "apex domain" will forward you to the "www" domain, but going to the "www" domain directly will come up a little faster, so I recommend if anyone has bookmarks, they update them. I have no intention of ever changing this again.

Ugh... this took more time then it should have due to some DNS issues. Hopefully we're all good now and I can get moving on some real updates.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Ok, I found a list of 32 pages which where broken. Basicly it was anything with a dash in the name; they have now all been fixed. In doing this I have done the following:

1. I now have a crawler which crawls the site looking for problems like these. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I should be able to improve it in the future. Even as incomplete as this site is right now, it's STILL over 300 pages. A script is the only way I could realsticly check the whole thing.
    2. The crawler can be manually run against the development site, to make sure code-changes haven't broken anything.
    3. I have now tested changing between the production and development site. It works flawlessly, and is totally awesome.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Okay, FEATURE UPDATE!

We now have "reverse recipe lookup," so if you go to a page for an item, there is now a tab that shares the space for "notes" titled "Used In." if you click this tab, you'll see the list of items you can make with this item. This is a feature I've been wanting to put in for a while, because sometimes I really want to know what I can do with something (particularly those cooking recipes).

The layout for it needs a little work, but overall I'm just thrilled to get it in.

This did introduce some bugs in the code that updates the items, so fixing that is the next item to work on, so I can get back to adding items.

Sara Dreygon, Diminio and Spoon like this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sweet.

[​IMG]

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Awesome 2 thumbs up

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.