Seed Invest game description

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

So, possibly this thread will get locked but actually I am confused and a bit angry, so basically I don't care.

https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b

I read the descritpion of the game on the seed invest website and I really wonder if they describe a different game there:

"REAL Choices
    No game by Lord British is complete without a deep narrative and difficult ethical dilemmas, and Shroud of the Avatar is no exception. Each choice made by a player (as minor as giving a beggar a coin or as significant as assassinating a lord) will change the response of the game-world to that player. Should players choose to pursue the main narrative, they will find their virtues tested in the 100+ hours of gameplay of Episode I of Shroud of the Avatar."

WHAAAAAAAAAT?
    I mean, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? What choices? What changes? What game are they describing?

Also:

"Shroud of the Avatar is a detailed sandbox-style MMORPG in a third-person view played with a mouse and keyboard."

So, finally we have it. It's official now.

Kickstarter: "Though Shroud of the Avatar won’t be a massively multiplayer online role playing game, it will be a multiplayer game."

Seed invest; "Shroud of the Avatar is a detailed sandbox-style MMORPG in a third-person view played with a mouse and keyboard." and "Shroud of the Avatar sandbox provides players with the next leap in the evolution of massively multiplayer games"

But nooooo, the game didn't change at all!

And another snippet:

"The player-first mindset gives Avatars the freedom to explore the world as they choose: slay a dragon, establish trade routes, craft weapons and armor, or conquer a town."

Again: Whaaaaaat? Establish trade routes? Conquer a town? In what game?

Basically I am shocked, really. Shocked, disappointed, angry... Wow... For me this is a new low point in my history with this game.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Its almost like seeing th kick starter promises that were not allowed to mention all over agian.

If they have like 100 main features they are saving.. they should reeeeeeallly roll them out as the sheer amount of bugs in every tiny thing they add, they shouldnt hold back lol.

Ice Queen and Pikegirl like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm sorry this is upsetting to you. I understand how you feel. I get worried when I think important things are not going into the game. One thing and I know you may not want to acknowledge this or hear it but here goes and my opinion only.

I believe Richard Garriott to be an honorable man. As much as he wants to do it all and have the team do it all they cannot do it all right this moment. The game you want cannot be made right now, but in my opinion it does not mean that it will not be made. As much as you want them to make both games right now the online version and the offline version I do not believe they can give both the attention that they need.

Also in my opinion Richard Garriott will honor his word and give the offline game his full attention when he can which is not right now. If Only They would ever say that it would make things easier. If you knew that one day they would pay full attention to the offline game then maybe you could just participate by helping with your great ideas with a better understanding of what is going on.

There is nothing that we can do to change the situation of portalarium trying to make a game and pretending or seeming to pretend that they can do them both right now. I do not believe that they can't make the game for offline that will be wonderful but I too do not believe that it won't happen. Whenever they can they will make it right imo. So I don't know what else to say and just my opinions.

I always love your thoughts on what you see that the game you want should have and I do wish for you who has stuck with this for so long to get everything that you want one day. I just don't believe that that day is right now.

Edited

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Birko and fonsvitae like this.
  4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

The description in that link does seem at odds with what is currently possible in game.

5. reuge

reuge Avatar

The good thing about alcohol is there is AA, but nothing could be done about bad dancing.

Pebbles, K1000 and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

The singing ain't great too tbh. But the effort is there, maybe more than the game's player economy mechanics itself.

Hornpipe likes this.
  7. reuge

reuge Avatar

I would put more effort in fund raising then development if they are cutting it so close in terms of funding.

8. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Thus, the reason for this post? It could raise funds for sure. And golden houses.

9. reuge

reuge Avatar

Seedinvest prospectus

Just scroll up to the link above.

10. reuge

reuge Avatar

There can only be 1 reason to sell shares in a company: they need money now. Its fake shares anyway cos its preference shares. The worst kind for a company with zero profit.

You don't get voting rights like common equity and you don't get rights to assets like debt. Worst of the both world.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

REALLY?
    THAT's your problem with it?
    Not the why? The how? And the "why didn't we know"?
    THAT?!?!
    You, dear sir, have a stange main focus sometimes ^^

12. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

There is an other possible reason. They need MORE cash now. I'm not at ease with english but when I read the financial documents (download links in the seedinvest page), it looks like their income have allowed them to face their expenditures for four years. Nonetheless the real incomes are not enough to go beyond the current developpment effort.

Matt Harris likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Launch of Episode 1: 31.07.2017
    Interessting.

discipleofweb likes this.
  14. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Interesting. I'll like to know too, and how it affects our Launch date, Episode 2-5 etc.

15. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Sorry mate, preferred shareholders are paid from assets after bondholders and debtors commonly. Defaulting on any of these two is also largely very much worse than just announcing that you are not issuing dividends to preferred shareholders.

I agree with him that preferred shareholders are the really the worse in both worlds. I rather take a bond or a common share over preferred share anyday.

Scorpio-LakeSuperior likes this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Cashflow is 100k from telethons plus x from normal sales. So uh....my question stands ^^

MrBlight likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Gimme a few.
    I will scan the articles of association.

18. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

"establish trade routes"
    lol!

Seems like alot of the misrepresentations that me and a few others have been heralding have finally came to light.

19. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

No prob mate. I'm just stating what's the market norm.

I really cannot be bother to read the documents of a company that I view as limited upside potential in terms of an investment.

20. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

SOTA hitted $11M in february (the 15th).

Now they have $600k more, in 3/4 months. But your question is interesting nonetheless.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.