Guild Wars and Castle Siege

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Whats the current plans for Guild Wars and keep capturing?
    You said it was making it into episode 1. And said it would involve craftable siege equipment.

Is this no longer the case? Is this KS promise out for ep 1?

@Lord British

2. reuge

reuge Avatar

"Don't lawyer me Bro"

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Pfft.
    Its a yes or no question.

If they dont want people quotting their words.. they should stop saying things they cant keep too.

Is this in line for episode 1 like you said just a few releases ago, or is it out now as LB implied in othrr thread?

And if its out. Why the fck did it take 6+ months for them to give me this answer?

4. reuge

reuge Avatar

"Sue me"

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well if you are like me if I think they make a mistake I will push it. I did that for bulletin boards to connect the world. I thought the disjointed world we live and play in was a huge mistake and I took every opportunity to point that out. Now we will get bulletin boards, perhaps they won't be exactly as I envisioned them with abilities to have them generate wanted posters if some did a pvp quest to earn enough criminal points, but at least we should be able to say to the world, 'hey we are here' and here is what we are doing and here is what is going on'. It is something.

I have more battles to fight for things that I say 'must' be in this game before release but believe me I will. So if you feel the same about this go for it too. The game deserves our passion to make it the best it can be. If we are not being heard in 'what's missing the presence of which will make the difference to this game' before release then heaven help this game. I am serious about a few things and hearing after release just won't do for some things. They 'must' be in before release. Come on guys and not the balance things, that is feedback that needs to happen and will, I mean systems and work-ability and fun of the game that is just not there yet. The performance is ongoing, but what's still missing that keeps us coming back? We have to have that in game before release.

Jatvardur, Stundorn, MrBlight and 4 others like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Unfortunatly ive been asking about guild wars and pushing for months only to be ignored.
    The other more vocal and higher backers who cared about this, alresdy left.

Pretty much hitting a point, if they are writing off KS promises, only to continue making decitful investment pitchs, its becomng awfully tempting to put the money i was going to invest, into other projects.

Literally only reason i still play was the hope for meaningful guild wars they promised.

They really are lucky to have a backer like you that gives them unlimited confidence. Props to you. But at this point it feels like im tipping a bartender non stop, and still not getting my drinks.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Kaisa, Mykll, Preachyr and 1 other person like this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I'm sorry but I am gonna play devil's advocate here,or maybe just the devil. If this was covered in another thread,why not ask this question there rather than creating a whole new thread about it?

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Technically sieges are in and there is craftable catapults. It may not be what people really want nor are they really that complex (like GW2) but they are in. Im sure most people would agree that they would like something significantly better.

9. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Chatele and MrBlight like this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

It was originally brought up in KS,
    There has been easily a dozen threads regardding it between then and now, which basically led to vague answers and locking.

It was answered agian in a post mortem * missed quesitons * That Guild Wars and Keep capturing were still yet to be implemented, and they elaborated to say they wanted to include craftable siege equipment to be used during this.

Ive brought it up easily another dozen times between then and now. To get ignored repeatedly.
    Others brought it up, big names and high backers, who ended up walking away from project completly.

And it just went by casually in LB's post about the inconsistancies on the seeds site, that this stuff isnt even lined up for Ep 1?

So how bout they just give me a damn answer in regards to if / what part of this feature is going to be in EP 1 , and which KS promises about it are abandoned.
    The town sieges, arn't even CLOSE to being what was talked about involving GUILD WARS + CASTLE SIEGING. And crafting a little decoration catapult? If THATS the direciton PORT wants to go in response to claiming their game has Craftable Siege equipment for Guild Wars / Castle capturing.. then im officially on the side of thinking PORT is being intentionally deceiving for money. Thats no better then claiming the game has an ELABORATE SPACE TRAVEL SYSTEM because theres stars in the sky, and this one time 1 instance is lored that it magically teleports you to a dif world.

Mykll and Chatele like this.
  11. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

This game will never see castle sieges or guild wars. Or for that matter it will never see quests or a world where your choices matter. Four years in development and how is the story looking? It is literally one huge grind. That is it. And for what? Seriously ask yourself why are you doing this? What are you grinding for? A promise that someday the game will get there. We have already been told that episode one is feature complete. So what you have now other than some polishing and performance updates is episode one. I like a lot of you were thrilled to back this game when it was announced. I had very high hopes. But after four years I think it is time to face reality for most of us. This game is not and will never be what we bought into.

TheBalance, Arc, Mykll and 1 other person like this.
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/where-are-the-castles.77511/

No chance anyone has the list from KS originally saved eh? (just one of the first threads i could think of that had the KS ones involving what im talking about)

Missed post mortem questions.
    R 38
    MrBlight: What are the changes from the old initial promises, to what you plan into implement now, in regards to Guild Wars, Keep building/Castle building, siege equipment and the like?
    Vallo Frostbane: Will there be more sandbox content for guild politics (Kickstarter goal…)?
    Vallo Frostbane: will we see any sandbox content for guilds until release?
    Contessa: Could we get an area just for guild wars? Like an 8 v 8 arena where people could tag out and in. King of the mountain and instance only appears for the two guilds.

Dark starr -
    We do have Guild Wars now and we do plan to expand that feature over time to include features like a control point like setting where Guilds can fight over Castles and use siege weapons like catapults. EDITED: Players can declare any building a Guild Chapter house but we do plan on eventually having unique buildings that guilds can earn in game that are Guild Halls.

If it WASNT going to make it into EP 1 then fine. Say that.
    ( Ignoring the fact it was a big part of the KS )

Dont vaguely lead people on thinking theres features coming that you simply arnt capable of implementing by the time frame.
    This goes right back to how long Majora talked about treasure hunting on EVERY new person post, and every development post for over 6 months. Including in threads directly quoted / quoted by devs, only to have you say * oh wait, theres no plans for that in EP 1 only when directly asked about it numerous times.

Thats absolutly done in poor taste, and intentional.
    Yes. Now go knock down a castle wall with it!

oh but dont worry , you can make the noises on discord, and ill delete the wall i put up on my lot, and we can say were sieging my house!

Mykll, Preachyr and Chatele like this.
  13. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Oh my god, that's freaking adorable. Does it really exists in the game? Does it work? Can I play mini-siege games on my table?

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup. Can get 4-5 recipies of it in half an hour. It sits on your table and if you use your imagination, it meets some KS promises!

yinki2 likes this.
  15. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

As in the recipe drops from some particular mob?

Haha. Yeah, create our own fun. Seriously though. Does it launch pebbles or anything?

MrBlight likes this.
  16. Curt

Curt Avatar

I belive in the game Age of Conan you could build a fortress and fight for it is it something similar we desire?
    (only game I currently knows with that mechanics)

Mykll and MrBlight like this.
  17. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

Yeah but that wasn't there at launch. That is why me and my group of friends stopped playing. It was supposed to be in the game at launch but didn't make it. I remember gathering resources for our castle just to find out it did us no good because it wasn't even in the game. As far as this game goes I thought the guild wars and castle sieges were gonna be epic. But honestly there probably isn't even enough players to do either.

MrBlight likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I think you give up too easily. Complaining about it does nothing. ;) *hint* *hint*

19. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I don't get it. Guilds have been able to declare war for 20+ releases. Few do it.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

Is no one going to tell me whether the tabletop catapult launches pebbles or not? :(

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.