ESO online.. anyone playing it lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Hello, i used the search box didnt see any results. Is anyone currently playing ESO since the current revamps? If so is it any good? thinking of purchasing the game again and playing, from my understanding its quite populated now days especially with all the changes, and the free to play. Any feedback is appreciated.

Leelu likes this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I am not, but i have been poked by a mumber of people telling me to. They claim the revamps were awesome.

Will probly b looking into it once work slows

Leelu likes this.
  3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

When was the last time you played it? I would say it is worth playing after the one-tamriel flattening so it isn't a linear experience. It is certainly busy enough.
    It still suffers from some of the initial issues though. Group finder sucks. Stamina builds leave you starved for movement (dodge).

Leelu likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Leelu likes this.
  5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hello Korim,

I played for 18-20 months (beta+launch+some time with DLCs) and I ended disappointed. Don't get me wrong, ESO is a fantastic themepark mmorpg, where 80% is good pve and 20% neglected pvp. I'm not talking about what content is preferred by players (I spent more time in Cyrodiil than in pve dungeons), I'm saying Zenimax is doing a terrible job with the pvp, After 3 years the game still has big issues with lag and lack of new pvp content (in fact the RvR experience is poor compared with games like daoc with a good RvR system).

I really enjoyed the game for all that time but after played UO, Eve Online, Darkfall, Albion Online and now SotA, its really hard for me to go back into a themepark game. I would say, if you like what you played in the past, you will enjoy the new content, even if Morrowind is just a new DLC and has nothing similar with the old single-player RPG Morrowind.

WoW model (gear based) and lot of pve content, if you like this, ESO is a good game.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Leelu likes this.
  6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Playing it (for the first time) atm - having a lot more fun than I expected - don't go in expecting more than it is and its an enjoyable way to pass the time... The flattening thing is cool - you're able to do stuff very early on with higher lvls.

Leelu likes this.
  7. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Not sure how your opinion is relevant when the OP is asking about playing after the recent revamps. (One Tramiel, Homestead and M0rrowind are the recent updates that combine for major gameplay changes)

To the OP there was an ESO thread on here but most people stopped posting because they got tired of arguing with SOTA players afraid of people playing other games, and they would rather just play ESO than waste time on here. Search the recent threads linked in prior posts.

As far as Morrowind goes the nostalgia feels are very high because it is the same map updated to modern standards

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/10/s...-morrowind-and-elder-scrolls-onlines-version/

just do not expect it to have the depth as the old game as many things are blocked off. Instead of exploring a cave you do a paper rubbing of the door.

Salix, Leelu and Korim Rackham like this.
  8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

thanks, last time I played was prob for about 6 months after initial release

Leelu likes this.
  9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I played it for 2 1/2 months when it came out, quit because the key I bought turned out to be from a scammer selling illegal keys, got my money back but got to play it, and wasn't impressed by too much, very wow-clone, there are improvements to wow, such as combat was pretty cool, but, was still not impressive, the only things that stand out are combat & small things like picking locks, and entering areas auto-joins you in quests very much like Guild Wars 2. Aside from that, same respawning quests over and over scenario, it's okay I just expected more from the Elder Scrolls universe, so it doesn't feel very Elder Scrolls-ish, more generic MMO with some ES references.

Leelu likes this.
  10. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

I quit when they dropped the sub to play but it the updates in the last year make it a very different game. Recently subbed for the crafting bag and to catch up on all the DLC i missed even though you don't need to anymore. I suggest starting in morrowind and save the faction mainland storyline for other alts.

As far as the above comment the devs themselves had said it WAS an MMO in ESO clothing when it came out. It is why they rewrote the game over the last year to make it more attractive to ES players than MMO players. It is the very reason people are coming back to it.

Leelu likes this.
  11. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It is terrible now. Combat is completely dependent on sitting there and charging up heavy attacks because there is no way to sustain actually using abilities. Boring. Painful. Dull. Player base is also horrendously bad as a whole so good luck having any fun using the dungeon finder tool. The company leaves game breaking bugs in place for months on end. For instance, the dungeon finder was plain broken for 3 months until like maybe 2 weeks ago. Total joke. 10/10 would suggest something else because as soon as you're done leveling the fun dies and quite quickly once you see what is entailed trying to do veteran dungeons/trials now.

Rada Torment likes this.
  12. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Yes I am playing . It's pretty and they have fast travel. The housing is nothing like sota's, not as much flexibility, but still they are pretty. I like the smoothness of the fighting and I don't feel like I am struggling. I am playing because I still play Lotro, Guild Wars 2, and Sota. I am a multi- game player and I enjoy diversity. I do not compare dynamics or mathematical equations to any of them because I am more visual oriented. I will leave all the schematics and grid-work to those whom excel at it. I like to just play a game and not pick it apart like a kobald buzzard . :p

Rada Torment likes this.
  13. Rada Torment

More attractive to ES players? thats one more lie from Zenimax, like trying to sell Morrowind with the nostalgia, a really old advertising tactic. ESO is a terrible ES game, and a decent-good pve mmorpg.

Sharing my own experience after played ESO from the beginning to these days, thats basically related with the topic.

14. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I play 2-4 hours a day, enjoy myself. I think it's worth it.

15. Rain Greyraven

Rain Greyraven Avatar

ESO would be the perfect MMO for me but the deal breaker is every area even supposedly ancient tombs have dozens of people in them..it's like the old days of EQ and I get that is a plus to some, but at least in Shroud I can make the game as public or private as I want....I want to go through dungeons with my friends not the whole world....it makes for a confusing zerg fest.

16. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Love it. Loads of SotA players tried to convince me that I would be bored of it after a couple of months but no.

Salix likes this.
  17. Rada Torment

True, plus all people just running like crazy in cities with zero social interaction. Town/cities in ESO are beautiful but poorly used imho. I would play again ESO if Zenimax decided to make a more sandbox Elder Scrolls experience.

18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I loved ESO when I played it years ago ..... But I loved DAOC way more..... and LOTR ..... way more .... Might try ESO for a bit till I get bored of it or till I can no longer solo, then I will delete it... might play it to pass time....

Salix likes this.
  19. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

The game is outstanding since the one Tamriel update. MUCH of the old problems the game had were resolved, and in some cases, resolved in a way that's been a HUGE quality of life bump.

If you've got the time, you can't go wrong hopping back in and checking everything out. Ask questions, the community's pretty good.

20. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Can anyone confirm if the game population is less crowded in areas not near starting zones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.