Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Option to change vendor name not always available

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Rhiannon, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

1. Title: Option to change vendor name not always available
    2. Reproduction Rate: 50/50
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Sometimes when I try to change my vendor's name, the option isn't there.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Right click vendor, see if option to change name is there. Click off and try again. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries for it to be on the menu.
    6. User Specs: PC Windows 7 Pro 64 bit AMD Radeon R9 200 w/4gb

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Are you sure you are on your lot? If you are even just the tiniest amount off the edge of the lot, you can't change it.

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Yes I'm sure. I will stand in the exact same spot and reclick a few times to get the menu to change. I am positive I'm inside my lot. But, it's possible I'm right on the line. The only thing on the menu that changes is the option to rename.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I thought I saw this happen once but I went back and there it was. I'm not crazy after all! (or am I?) But it's definitely not 100% repro....
    We'll need to try to find a way to repro this. Do you have just one vendor? Where is that vendor at if you have the /loc. Do you have a fence or anything around it?
    The time I saw it my vendor was right on the line, at the very edge of the property, so I think it might be related?

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Hey Lexie! I actually have three vendors in different towns but only change the name regularly on two of them. I know I've seen it on both of those vendors. I will start looking at them every single time to find a pattern. In the meantime

Vendor 1: -6.7, 89.2, 72.6
    Vendor 2: 129.6, 38.0, 56.0 (this is the one I've seen the problem for sure)
    Vendor 3: haven't been there in a few days so don't have location and it's way far

Vendor 2 is on a small row lot and is outside. It's VERY possible I was standing right on the edge of the property line. So while I CAN change permissions from the edge of the property line, the name change option isn't there.

Suggestion: either let me be able to change the name from just outside the edge of the property or disable the entire menu from outside the property line. It will eliminate confusion.

6. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Lexie, after paying attention to this, I'm confident it's not really a bug. The property line of a row lot with the default house is very narrow. While I can change the permission settings on my vendor from outside the property line, I can't change the name. I think that's the deal.

Lexie likes this.
  7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Rhiannon I was thinking the same. Thank you for the update and double checking.

8. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

If I keep resolving these issues myself, I'll NEVER get that ant farm... :(

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

I just had the same thing happen to me, When I had the arrow up on the screen and double clicked with that it was not working at all but when I was in the character view with the aim icon I double clicked on it and it was there maybe that will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.