[Known] Enemies corpses should have the equipment they fight with

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by ErikRulez, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I can't tell you how many times I've killed a mob wielding a shield or fancy weapon type and then when I looted the corpse, it was not there. If they it doesn't show up on the corpse, they shouldn't be able to used it to fight me. No shield, sorry shield dude, you can't use the shield abilities. No katana drop? Sorry skelly, you'll just have to fight with your boney fingers and hope for the best.
    One of the better things I remember from my U7 days was that if I fought a tough enemy and beat them, I got all the cool stuff they were using. Does that mean we'll have a ton of stuff to sell from killing mobs? Yes, but we then have to start prioritizing loot types to carry out instead of gathering everything we get like table scraps.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think there is a loot bundle issue with the new weapons that were added. Before, if they had a sword then you looted a rusty sword. Now, there is a small chance to get a katana, but if not there is nothing. I think it should be a cross between these, so there is a small chance to get a katana, but if not then they have a rusty sword. Same for any armor or shield they might have.

Perhaps @Attenwood could review and see if this should be written up as a bug?

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah the fighters and thugs do not drop weapons all the time and they have been changed.

The drop rate percentage may be a bug.

4. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

+1 i like ur idea !

But i think Port has a lot of other problems to solve, so i dont expect this to happen.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've submitted this under JIRA #: 47066.
    Thank you for crossposting @discipleofweb so we can avoid duplicate reports.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I think when the mobs die a message appears in text like "** MOB A breaks their <<WeaponandArmorhere>> before they die rendering it useless and not able to be sold or salvaged.**".
    :)

King Robert likes this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

When they changed the loot drop on bandits etc from halberds to spiked clubs the loot drop has been borked. Half the time you loot them they only have gold on them. Rarely do i get spiked clubs or anything other than gold. As for katanas....pffft hunted those for hours one night and got one kat out of about 100 kills. So i stopped looking. Same with other stuff. Entirely not worth the time that it consumes to scavenge kills for weapons and armor anymore. I wish armor would drop off mobs...that would be cool. So yeah to get stuff to salvage for the possible pattern is ridiculous.

Lexie and discipleofweb like this.
  9. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I want the shirts off their backs... and their panties too...

For salvaging scrap fabric 8D

King Robert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.