Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wishing Wells :(

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by macnlos, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I've got a Wishing Well and a Water Cloak and a Great Ring of Luck. Basically my chance to receive a gift is 105%. So it's 1gp a week.

But the wishing well is overly stingy and has a very poor distribution table. I've been collecting items for the past 8+ weeks and here is what I typically get:

Either the book "The Ass and the Lap Dog" or a "Yellow Firework Rocket". Now I've gotten two other titles of books but odds are in turns out to be the Ass book.

What's up with this? To be honest I'd almost prefer that the item not be in the game at all. Am I the only person in Novia that even tries to use this? I'm not expecting a Castle Deed but I'd be really happy with something like a Potion, an Ingot.. hell, even some scrap metal.

Why am I taking the time to write this? Because as you near the full release of SotA you are going to be judged not only on the major systems, but to the finer details. For example, in Solace Bridge Outskirts there is an NPC that actually goes in and uses the toilet. I thought that was hilarious and special because someone took the time to focus on. I could actually envision someone there coding that in and wondering if someone would notice. Yes. We notice those little details. In the end, it's those little details that make a real difference. Those little details are what make people "connect" to the game.

I know these "details" have been low priority but I'm saying this now, when you go to release, all of those little low priority details are going to matter.

A loving citizen of Novia,
    Elaina Strongbow

Numa, zyxe, Aldo and 3 others like this.
  2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I have yet to get anything but buckets of water with the same gear. I stopped after 35 buckets.

zyxe likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

different process. right click the well and examine

Lexie and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    *shakes head* ..... sigh. *Finds manual and proceeds to RTFM".

Thanks for the info :)

Alley Oop and Cordelayne like this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I toyed around with wishing wells for a few weeks and had similar results. It'd be nice if you could get something worthwhile, especially since its once a week and you either need cash-bought items or an artifact to increase your chances, eh? Feel the same way about the artisan box of plenty. I mean, I don't expect it to give me 100 ingots, but you know 10 or so once a week would be nice, or maybe a gem.

Numa, zyxe and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Is there something actually worthwhile in it's loot table? I presumed it was a fluff feature.

7. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Sadly, this is the state of most "loot" in the game. I was extremely dismayed while watching the most recent telethon at how the devs seem to want to keep an iron fist on the economy by increasing gold sinks and taking items out of the game. I wouldn't mind so much if there were actually useful items to get via playing in the first place! I think this might be a symptom of that ideology, where there's a desire not to give out anything too useful or sellable so it doesn't tweak the economy too much. The biggest problem is that this way of developing is stifling so much of the fun of the game.

Sorry for the rant, but this is just one more symptom of what I see as an effort to force the game to work as a few people desire through any means necessary instead of taking a step back and identifying what's fun for most of the player base.

I have a wishing well, too, and I gave up wishing a long time ago.

8. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

All I got were fireworks. With how tedious it was it wasn't worth the time it took.

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

When you drop a coin in, you have to type in what you want your wish to be. If you type in HORSE, you get a horse; and if you type in FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, PORSCHE, LOTUS, or CORVETTE, you get a fast horse.

Also, if you type in WORLD PEACE, PvP is disabled server-wide for a week.

Just don't type in 500 BUCKS !

Numa likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm not saying the results couldn't be more exciting and fun... but I'm not sure its supposed to be a grind ! :D

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's a lot of venison!

zyxe likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

They're going to all gang up on you at once though...

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I got the water charity bundle too. So many copies of the ass and the lapdog have graced my pack...

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. InLight

InLight Avatar

my wishing well is working at all - I just keep getting a message that says "The item (Wishing Well) doesn't seem to be doing anything". :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.