Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Decorating mode sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Decorating mode was implemented to correct one issue: accidentally moving decorations. It totally fails at this goal because it's very easy to forget to turn it off. Decorating mode also has other drawbacks: when in decorating mode, dragging a stack of items that are considered decorations will only drag one item. When not in decorating mode, dragging that same stack will grab all the items. This is very inconsistent and frustrating behavior. Dragging stacks that are not considered decorations will always grab all the items, regardless of decorating mode. To grab a single item from a stack, you hold down the control key (which is how I like it).

I've complained about this issue so many times with absolutely no response from anyone at Portalarium that I actually feel despair. Also, the solution would be super simple: make it so that holding down the control key while dragging on a placed decoration will pick it up when not in decorating mode. But, how do I get the developers to see this, evaluate it and respond?... or am I the only one that this affects so negatively?

zyxe likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I kind of wish when you were in a lot and had decorating permissions that there was some on-screen control that let you switch between decorating mode and locked mode. This would not only be more intuitive for players, but it would also give you a visible indication of what mode you were in and what type of permissions you had.

This is cool too. It would also make sense to change the cursor to something like a grabbing hand when the Ctrl key was down (and you had lot permissions).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    zyxe likes this.
  3. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Step 1, go to Options > Interface, find Enable Decoration Mode. If it has a check mark, remove it. Step 2, go to Options > Controls, scroll near the bottom to find Toggle Deco Mode in the Keybindings section. Click in the left-hand box beside Toggle Deco Mode, then press the left <Ctrl> key and then the D key (or any combination of your choice). Enter the game. Deco Mode is off until you turn it on. When you want to move a trunk or some furniture around, press that combination, <Ctrl> + D in this example, and the screen should display a message that Deco Mode is on. When finished moving things around, simply press the key combination again and the screen should display a message that Deco Mode is disabled (off). It became easy to turn it on only long enough to move what I needed, then immediately toggle it back off again. I have been using these settings for months now and I no longer grab things accidentally.

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.