Why you are not playing or stopped to play SotA? Poll Inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Jun 22, 2017.

?

The reasons why you are not playing SotA at the moment or why you quitted?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2017.
  1. Lack of variety in pve(mobs style etc.)

13.1%
  2. Lack of pvp (Places where encounter several people and have the sensation of fight for something)

3.9%
  3. Feeling of waste time due to the hard farming, grinding etc. neeeded for all without a return.

27.2%
  4. The loot table is a nightmare(many dragons must have a genetical problem, they don't have neckbone)

7.8%
  5. Performances of the game

12.1%
  6. The crafting cause all can make all so my trader game can't exist.

1.9%
  7. The crafting due to the fact i can totally loose tons of mats and gold, even on first or second try.

2.9%
  8. I don't have fun at all currently in any aspect of the game.

13.6%
  9. Other reasons(if you want post them pls)

8.7%
  10. I'm playing, and i love it exactly it is.

15.0%
  11. I'm playing but i recognize many of the problems above.

25.7%
  12. I'm playing, I understand the game is in development and that Portalarium truly cares about its fans

16.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

It's about 1 week i stopped to play, due to my disappoint about game economy, priority choice, and the sensation of just wasting time while i can have more fun elsewhere, on the other hand i love that game, i continue believe and trust in it, buf i would find intersting know why many friends and people started to play minus, stopped to play, and what are for them the lack or the things on the priority list of customers and people. In the poll i just regroup all the things i heard from people.

The answer why i'm not playing sota, is cause the time i invest here doesn't give a real in game return:

I do boss, they don't drop;
    I go farm mobs for igg to invest in a project, it seem just a waste of time due to the cashflow, and it would take about 8 month of grinding 14 hour per day this way.
    All know i was a mine farmer, but even here have a dice roll for a good istance where mine have a good spawn rate and where the production of ores per hour is enough trubleshotted me;
    So i turn on crafting, but on 20 items i break them to the first or second mw or enchant, so i said: ok 40k of mats wasted, 6 month of crafting exp and mats invested for it, and if i go back to cashflow, basically to waste 40k of mats i need to farm and get bored for 6-7 hard hour.

I like hard game, but hard is a thing, the feeling of waste time on time for nothing is another.

N.B. We all know the game is in a development, but is an open development, this post would be to make the game more fun and avoid some choice would kill it.

Also who is still playing and want to express his opinion is welcome:)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Snikorts, Budner, Mortanius and 7 others like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Just to clarify. You don't want to hear from anyone that is still playing, correct?

Sir_Hemlock, Wextel and jammaplaya like this.
  3. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Also from who is still playing, atm i don't have quitted, just stopped to log each day and play, and i log-in evry 2 days 5 mins:)

4. that_shawn_guy

As someone who still plays, which option(s) do I vote for?

5. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Weird - Don't we all acknowledge the game is under construction every single time we log in? Crazy.

6. neveser

neveser Avatar

We quit about a month and a half ago. It's just not fun. Mostly the loot thing for us. Fight and risk the death penalty for cigarette butts, rusty cans, and wads of chewed gum. I did manage to get a pair of rusty toe nail clippers form a dragon though. My greatest find in the game. They are mine.. MINE!! MINE!!!!!! :mad:

Seriously though -
    Extremely bad loot
    Huge time sink crafting for semi-rusty daggers
    Wolves, wolves, more wolves, slightly bigger wolves, big wolves, really big wolves
    Poor performance (horrible FPS on a GTX1080 @ 1440x2560)
    No quests (the quests that are there are hard to follow and boring)

The one thing that they do have working solidly though is the cash shop. Sorry, not interested in the cash shop part of the "game".

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Would play, but can't. I can play Diablo III all day long with minimal lag at low graphics settings, but SotA doesn't play with AMD 5000 series graphics apparently, and the word I have heard is there is no plans to support it despite it being greater than the minimum specs.

Nataurz likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The last one

Mortanius likes this.
  9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Foothills nerfing is one of the cause if people are leaving.

- No Farming zone= No IGG
    - No IGG = No Reagents, No Potions, No consumable
    - No Reagents, No Potions, No consumable = No Farming/Pvping
    - No Farming/Pvping = Leaving

Right now max igg per hour killing mobs is 4k if you're lucky in the right zone, if not around 2k.

Diablo 3 is not a mmorpg ...I think all can play also Pro Evolution Soccer without lag

Valkaryie and Arpanet like this.
  10. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

I added also an option for people, who are still playing and think things are good that way. But i want say a thing: Love a game doens't mean you must be blind looking at it, but at least in an open development you must do your best cause you want the game you love will be the best game. The love is blind ofc, but the true love many times need to sacrifice something of yourself for something Greater and bigger then yourself. So if i'm testing a game if i find the skills i'm using are good for me but dungerous for the game i report it, i don't just say: Oh it's all good! Be fair and honest is the first thing to do when you do the tester in an open development.

Mortanius and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

A little late for that. Persistence should have been where things are more or less where they are going to be, but we've passed that milestone. Now story complete is the new milestone, and I feel they will probably meet that as well as they did persistence.
    The list of other reasons why we shouldn't even be anywhere near "release" but are barreling towards it anyway is long, and flies in the face of accepting that this is "under construction" as an excuse any more.

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

The point of including Diablo III is that DIII uses DX11, just as SotA does. I can play DIII without a problem. I can't play SotA, despite my hardware specs being well beyond minimum spec. Also, SotA is only a few steps beyond DIII as far as any claim to being an MMORPG is concerned, but is far from being such.

Wextel likes this.
  13. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

I will respectfully disagree with you. We cannot acknowledge the game we play is still being worked on in one hand and in the other hand be frustrated the game isn't complete....

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

You mistake what I'm getting at. I'm not frustrated that it isn't complete. I'm frustrated at the hypocrisy of saying this game is even close to release, while at the same time pointing to things that are not actually features they designed or are barely similar at best as representative of the things they promised to include in the game. One of them will be something they can't even provide to the backers as an achieved stretch goal until the completion of episode 5.

Kaisa and Sir Cabirus like this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Bro really, Arma 3 is DX11 too and i'm sure if you get lags in sota u can't launch Arma at all. Sota is not a game for old pc owners, Ultima Online is for that.
    @Chris Developers are working only on perfomance day and night, cause peoples with weird pc are here to give bad performance feedbacks.
    The game are going to **** but why solve gameplay problems when i can work every day on performance? Change your mind guys, or better, change your hardwares...

PS: 60 Steady fps in 90% of the game maps multiplayer on a laptop.
    I7 6700 HQ 16GB Ram GTX 1060 SSD 128 GB

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  16. that_shawn_guy

Thank you.

Many of the other options are concerns I share. However, a number of them are well know and I believe the devs are aware of them and taking action as they feel needed. So, I don't see the need to quit playing. That said, a break from the game now and then is never a bad thing. :)

17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I don't get lag... I can't play the game AT ALL. Supposedly this is due to them switching to DX11. I was able to play up until this release, when they removed support for DX9 that fixed the problem they created back in R36. I am using a Dell Precision workstation laptop, something designed to work well under a wide variety of graphics applications, including online games. It is hardly a "weird" pc config.

18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Dev priorities list is really crazy and broken, that's the problem.

So old gpu bro...

19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Irrelevant. If it is beyond the minimum specs, it should work. Period. That is the whole point of setting a minimum specification.

20. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

On my old hp i can't play dayz at all cause DX11, they changed from 10 to 11 in a couple of weeks (I had to upgrade it to my new msi laptop) . Alpha are not good for the final user.

Anyway no performance problem, but compatibility ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.