Why you are not playing or stopped to play SotA? Poll Inside

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wextel, Jun 22, 2017.

?

The reasons why you are not playing SotA at the moment or why you quitted?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2017.
  1. Lack of variety in pve(mobs style etc.)

13.1%
  2. Lack of pvp (Places where encounter several people and have the sensation of fight for something)

3.9%
  3. Feeling of waste time due to the hard farming, grinding etc. neeeded for all without a return.

27.2%
  4. The loot table is a nightmare(many dragons must have a genetical problem, they don't have neckbone)

7.8%
  5. Performances of the game

12.1%
  6. The crafting cause all can make all so my trader game can't exist.

1.9%
  7. The crafting due to the fact i can totally loose tons of mats and gold, even on first or second try.

2.9%
  8. I don't have fun at all currently in any aspect of the game.

13.6%
  9. Other reasons(if you want post them pls)

8.7%
  10. I'm playing, and i love it exactly it is.

15.0%
  11. I'm playing but i recognize many of the problems above.

25.7%
  12. I'm playing, I understand the game is in development and that Portalarium truly cares about its fans

16.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I'm playing, I understand the game is in development and that Portalarium truly cares about its fans and supporters.

Didn't see the option for it so just posting here.

2. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

Added it. Anyway the poll was about what are priority for people and priority for Others. And as i said love the game, doesn't mean be a blind member of a sept, but want it to be the best game.

jammaplaya likes this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

@Wextel I certainly never questioned your intent, so if your ever thought I did, sorry. However, the poll, as written, may likly be interpreted as out of sink before it even started. It would be interesting to poll people that left the game, but sadly those people are not likely hanging this forum to answer the poll. I cannot pretend to understand anyone that answered other than, "I did not leave" except perhaps those that assumed it was intended to mean, what needs fixed most, or being in denial about leaving. In either context, no amount of tweaking can make this poll useful. That said, every thread has its jewels of wisdom and this is no exception.

Wextel and jammaplaya like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If that's what I think you're talking about, that is Unity's problem with AMD integrated graphics. It's not Portalarium's fault, they didn't have the resources to go with a custom graphics engine.

DX11 is over eight years old now, and was new with Windows 7. Again, they have to bow to Unity with regards to support of really old stuff.

I need to check my old Latitude (looks like it's got a DX11 Nvidia chipset), now that R43 has major fps improvements, it should be playable again. (though I really stopped using it because OS X support got better)

Oh yeah, let me say that louder for those of you who gave up due to performance: R43 HAS MAJOR FPS IMPROVEMENTS! Like 50-100% better, if the first QA release is any indication. Performance should be better than it's been since R22 or so. If you've been having trouble getting over the 10fps below which the game becomes barely playable, you might see 15 or 20fps now.

That happened to me a year ago before persistence. Lately I've been down to an hour or two a day average, just mostly doing overworld encounters. But it's partly from not having time to play. Without the grind I'm not reaching burnout levels.

antrax1990x likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

People are leaving and someone is trying to find the causes.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This reminds me of the tamborine players in the airports as a kid. They wanted me to believe also. I am so glad I did not drink that kool aid. (the original kool aid story: Jim Jones). One does not need to blindly believe, one needs to question often, and pay attention to the answers given to see if they are to be real or to seduce.

Snikorts, Brugas, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I can only speak for myself as I leave most games in less than one day. I allow games and steam to tempt me constantly because I am always in search of the amazing. If I commented on most of the games I left, it would be a boring comment like "more of the same", Yet, somehow for some irrational reason I am still in SOTA after years of mostly depressing forum posts and still am just as solid playing as I ever was. My only comment is that it is not the same old thing. It is worse and better at the same time. Some stuff I really hate and other stuff I love. You can't have it all.

Stahlknecht, cartodude, Nikko and 3 others like this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Agree..can't play a mmorpg for more than a week, but Sota is another thing.
    PS: If we are here to write good or bad feedbacks it means we care a lot about the future of the game. Someone is just disappointed.

Cordelayne and Mortanius like this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Totally agree. That is what I meant by denial in an early post in this thread.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I'm not playing for the same reason I don't post on anything of substance any more.

The things I am interested in are not on the table to be in game for Ep 1. I'll check back when I see movement on the Kickstarter items that brought me here in the first place.

11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Playing less but still playing. I decided I'm gonna test/play more games, enjoy the summer and finish some projects.

Touché :D

jammaplaya and antrax1990x like this.
  12. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I've been taking a break for the past month or two. I still hold out hope that the game will turn around but the PVE quest content is almost non-existent and buggy/awkward. (I did notice improvement lately on the quest log, but give us some quests.

Been playing ESO, bought on steam during a sale. Having fun and enjoying the varied biomes, quests, creatures, and loot.

I'll be back; but, performance has slipped to the point the game is difficult to run; while other games with better graphics run much faster on my machine.

13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Are starman and the video lying? Hard to see exactly how much he made there without sitting and watching the entire thing, but I did see probably 5 or 6k gained there. I didn't see how much he actually started with, and he isn't even technically fighting his hardest the entire time, I would venture to guess (notice that he mines some ore here and there and that would slow your income rate perhaps a little bit).

Like I said... Probably not being as efficient as you can be (or just not a high enough level yet) if you think 4K gp/hour is the highest possible rate in this game. Do we really need to discuss this particular subject any further?

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I'll concede this point with one caveat: If that is truly the case, then that is what should be put out there. Not "WE" are no longer supporting it. Ift hat was what WAS put out there, then I missed it and will readily back down from this stance, but all I have found is a sorry note that they will not be supporting it. However, as I stated before, I had zero problems playing before R36, which is WELL after they made the shift to Unity 5, and the decision not to support any earlier version of DX than 11 is purely on Portalarium, as Unity 5.6 still supports it.

15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

This...

I hope so.

I often recognize that the majority Votes similar like i vote, but the loud voices on the forums often do not represent that majority, but instead ask for more "unpopular" things.

16. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Lack of reward for playing. The steep leveling curve I could deal with but the lack of material reward for killing harder things got tiring. And the complete lack of quality drops didn't help either.

Being punished for playing a lot i.e. Decay with high skill levels.

Snikorts, fonsvitae and Cordelayne like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I actually have several videos showing my exp/gold route easily pulling in 7K gold (this is where I loop between the undead and cultists). But again, those are my exp routes which means I spend more time over in the cultist area and Im also pulling hides, trees, and ores. I get significantly more xp killing the cultists and most of my runs are meant to be more balanced including getting good producer xp.

I'll do a pure gold run on Twitch this weekend where I spend more time on the undead sides this weekend.

Nikko likes this.
  18. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'll watch that! I like your videos because you obviously know what you're doing, and this game has a really steep learning curve. You undoubtedly help a lot of people understand game mechanics better. Sometimes you just need to see the way others play to realize you could be doing a particular thing in a slightly better way.

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Tried today ulfeim vs deep ravenswood, i can kill quite fast using aoe in both maps (better in ulfeim cause i use a death aoe build):

Ulfeim after 40 minutes: 3-4k igg from weapons and around 1.5k igg looted = Max 5.5k igg
    Deep Ravenswood (Here respawn is very very good now, not like a month ago) after 40 minutes: 6-7k igg from weapons and corpse wax, around 2k looted and 200 obsidian chips (around 4k igg sold to players or 2k to any vendor) = Max 13k igg

So i can confirm again my words, rewards are not level releated.

I hope you will test this too..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  20. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

a couple of days ago:
    right now:
    Are you directly contradicting yourself now? Did you just say that you can make 13k gp per 40 minutes in Deep Ravenswood? Am I in bizzaro land?

You literally just said a few days ago that the max in game gold a person can make is around 4k per hour, and then contradicted yourself today saying you can make much more than that.

Also, what do you mean by "rewards are not level releated" ?? Rate of gp per hour is absolutely and directly related to how powerful your character is, so if rate of income is what you mean by "rewards," then you are simply incorrect. There is no way a person that is adv level 40 is going to make as much money per session as a player that is adv level 90+. It is simple math. I don't even understand how you can argue this point. It isn't my opinion that you can make a lot more gold as you level up. It's a fact.

Cordelayne and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.