Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback after completing 3 paths

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Burzmali, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm not going to spoil much the existing paths, and I know the concluding act isn't complete, but a word a feedback:

After I busted my hump to collect the three macguffins and saw the wizard, I left with 11 fetch quests in my journal. Eleven. Some of these might not be created yet, but the ridiculousness of the finale being a marathon of fetch quests is almost enough for me to abandon the game. I suggest you strongly consider how best to mix it up.

Salix, Ahuaeynjgkxs and By Tor like this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

:(

Fetch quests and find NPC A then go to NPC B before talking to NPC C was old and boring 20 years ago. I don't understand why SotA consists of 90% of such quests...

Salix, Ahuaeynjgkxs and By Tor like this.
  3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

90 percent? There must be some quests I haven't discovered yet because they've all been like that.

Salix, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I still had hope that at least some would be different :(

By Tor likes this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

In theory those 11 missions haven't been completed yet. Instead of the mission being "Goto A" "Find macguffin" "repeat", you could show up and the macguffin is missing, forcing you to hunt down who moved it. Or the macguffin could be reduced to ashes and only the hermit that lives on mount Y has a spell to reform it. Or once you have obtained z number of macguffins, Prince D decides that you are in his way and dispatches agents to interfere with your missions until he is dealt with. Then once you have found i macguffins Lord B interferes believing you aren't virtuous enough to be allowed to collect the macguffins and forces you to convince him. Etc. You can make the quests good, see Morrowind's second(ish) act, but it takes effort to do right.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and By Tor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.