Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Loss of WASD controls and interaction

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Datendrache2, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache2

Datendrache2 Avatar

Title: Loss of WASD controls and interaction

Reproduction Rate: Low

Blocker? (Yes/No/Partial) Partial

Details: Entered into Blood River Outskirts and lots my ability to move around via keyboard. Other Windows can be opened. Movement still possible with right mouse click. No longer can interact with objects directly. Needed to restart SOTA.

Steps to Reproduce:

a. Go to location Novia -387.8, 13.0, -71.0

b. Enter Blood River Outskirts

c. Try to move around: Observe WASD doesn't work, "e" doesn't work.

d. Open Windows:

ESC = Working
    Windows (Y/I/Num 0/etc.) = Not working
    Utility Bar (F1-F10) = Working
    Combat Z = Not working

(Other: numlock off/on doesn't change anything, scroll lock on/off doesn't change anything, caps lock on/off doesn't change anything)

Comments: It seems like keyboard issues have been occurring since last patch of similar types, can’t quite tie the connection together.

I'm putting this into Critical largely because of its annoyance factor. Not something we want as part of the player experience and seems like it should be avoidable.

This may be connected to the "COTO Trap" problem I observed earlier, but this doesn't seem to involve decoration, banks, or objects in any way.

User Specs:

Ryzen 1600 w/Geforce 970, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, SotA QA Win 64 Release 512.

Bug Category: Controls

K1000 likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. We are not experiencing this issue internally. If you're able to reproduce this problem, we would be interested in diving deeper into your unique case.

K1000 likes this.
  3. Datendrache2

Datendrache2 Avatar

Okay, this has happened to me a few times and assuming its limited to my configuration, we need to dig deeper. This particular bug occurred as I entered Blood River Outskirts instead of interacting with something or being present when other people were doing things (like casting spells or crafting.) When it does happen, I have nearly no interaction with the game except "ESC" and a few others.

What tools do I have at my disposal to take a deeper snapshot of what is going on internally so that Portalarium can spot the issue? Next time this happens, I'll give you what I can collect.

Engineer

K1000 likes this.
  4. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

This has happened to me too quite a few times. It happens when I alt-tab out of the game during a loading scene . When I alt-tab back and enter the new scene, wasd doesn t work, and I have to reload the game. Doesn t happen every time I alt-tab, but it s often enough. It can happen in any scene from my experience.

5. Attenwood

Does the above case sound similar? is it possible your loss of control may have occurred after alt-tabbing in and out of the game?

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This has been happening for months when you alt-tab in/out of the game. It doesn't happen *every* time, just some of the time. I filed an issue on it back in R3-something. So to be clear, this is not a new issue.

K1000 likes this.
  7. Attenwood

I'm aware that this is something that can occur with alt-tabbing. Just wanted to clarify with the OP if his report may be this issue, or if we're talking two separate problems.

Mishikal likes this.
  8. Datendrache2

Datendrache2 Avatar

Okay, I've spent some time tabbing in-and-out of the game... a lot... while doing various bug reports and such.

I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. Unfortunately, that's inconclusive- this does sound a lot like the reports above With the frequency I've experienced similar issues and the numbers of people reporting in this thread, I would expect Portalarium to be able to spot this in house.

I'd expect tabbing by itself to be common with Unity's dev environment running so this issue is probably related to an accidental flip of some "allow interaction"/"don't allow interaction" logic. (?) Perhaps something that prohibits interaction until loading is complete?

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

ive had this, and alt tabbing out and back has always fixed it, when it happens some keys work, some keys didnt... I think 1-0 work and enter and chat works, but not movemnts and so on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.