Kahli: The Ancient City of Legends (RP-PvP)

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Elgarion, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Very cool in the Boreus village. @Adam Crow should be proud.

Could the Gardener's village sign say 'protect and nourish' instead of just nourish?

Looking for the basement at the tavern area.......??

Adam Crow, Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Thanks! Glad you like the setup so far. I've got some other fun ideas that might work too, I'll let you guys know if it works out.

I think Elgarion said he was going to try to move that stuff into the tavern basement on Tuesday, so probably be ready sometime tomorrow if he has time.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  3. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I could not find a basement entrance, will look again tomorrow, when I log on to get my Oracle 500 and the xp 10K balance.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hahha, how I do love my secret basements. This one has a hint. There is a cat roaming around the back of the pavilion near some bushes which seems highly interested in what's hidden within ;)

5. Elgarion

I'll change that asap, perhaps not tonight though. Looks like there's a patch for me to download, and I'm sportin' the ol' DSL connection.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

7. Elgarion

Added links to two more journal entries, this time by Elbyon, the Ranger of Kahli. The links are in the "Additional Stories Thus Far" section of the main post. Also, the Valley of the Three Lords has been greatly changed. Expect a new map soon and a summary of changes to come as well.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Updated extensively to feature additional outposts, conversion of some outposts to open housing, various new screenshots due to revamped outposts and a new map due to renamed, relocated or revamped outposts.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Elgarion

Got my pictures fixed to include the pictures of the new Outposts which were never working. (Curses Imageshack with a raised fist, makes kissy face at Imagur).

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Elgarion

If there are any role-players out there wishing to live in a RP-PvP (light PvP, goal is for a deeply political environment), I have plenty of free rental rooms to provide (can be a permanent home if you so choose to stay there, not a temporary housing provision). Also the various new mayors likely also have housing to welcome you wish.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Elgarion

Also, I got the main table of contents/outline in the second post in this thread greatly fleshed out to also include descriptions for upcoming stories. Now, one can peruse the descriptions and learn much of the planned plot points for Kahli's ancient and recent history.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Elgarion

I've greatly updated this thread to put it more in-line with the current outpost configurations as well as to add clarity to free offerings I can mirror this post in the free housing/rental forums. As you can see, Kahli has LOTS of free housing available for those hoping for an RP-PvP environment :)

Stryker Sparhawk and Time Lord like this.
  13. Elgarion

Alrighty, gave the in-game map a LOT of loving:
    • Gorthyn , I finally fixed your NE Wall to look quite a bit better. Goes outward instead of inward and meshes up MUCH more nicely. Map reflects changes.
    • All POI's have been adjusted in location
    • Traveling merchants have decided to settle down in Kahli. Currenlty, they're staying at the Gluttony Tavern. You'll find them downstairs, enjoying a drink. They've also decided to share their names. The ghostly merchants concept was a loose plot (sloppy) that went away with the treasure hunting quest.
    • The Chest of the Virtuous is now in the center of town by the default banker and town crier. The town entrance, due to randomized spawning and I cannot any longer direct people down that canyon to delve into the ruins, is now in the town center. The randomized start points there will allow everyone a good easy access in all directions to their outposts, or to The Caverns of Kahli entrance, or the town crier, etc.
    • Labels were adjusted to be at proper angle if my angles were previously off.
    • All manual houses I placed were deleted. Yes, all 1 gagillion of them.
    • All deco moved to a single layer. You'll find many blank layers in the map.
    • Temple of the Four got a major revamp.
    • Ruined Temple of the White Cabal got a major revamp and I added two vendors which split out my stuff on the vendor that was by the gustball court. A tomb and fire pit was also added to hint that something is inside those ruins.
    • Raven Briarthorn moved into the basement of the row lot by the gustball court, and has assumed control of a new merchant outside, which he will share with any upstairs neighbors who settle.
    • Adam Crow's Boreus Village looks more defensible on the map, yet does not have any new structures beyond what was there.
    • Jay Nord, the Southern Watch's map got a HUGE revamp to truly show the wall orientation. They're prob a bit off, but so so much more in tune with what their actual configuration is.
    • Two vendors were added at Windsinger's Mill to be shared by any occupants above or beneath in the basement.
    Think that's it -- enjoy!

14. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

As a lucky and very happy citizen of Kahli I'd like to give this thread a little push. This town is simply fantastic. Sure, this town is not for everyone. If maximum convenience is your thing, you probably won't be happy here. There's no easily accessible town center with Oracle building, devotionals, NPC and player vendors, and expert crafting stations piled together. We do have all of these things, it just takes a little more effort to get there. But if living in an atmospheric and truly immersive environment, with other roleplayers and an extremely supportive town owner (not "leader") is your thing, if you want to participate in and create RP plots, if you are looking for a place where your entire group/guild can live together (basically a town within a town) or simply for a nice neighbourhood as an individual, please check us out! Among the residents and regular visitors of Kahli are the best RPers I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. And Elgarion is super creative and has a lot in store for us, I think, plus he supports and promotes other peoples ideas and creativity. In Kahli, you can be what you want to be. We have room for every type of character, good, evil, neutral, who cares... It would be totally nice to have more factions in Kahli, alliances, conflict...

There's a plot recently started and put on hold for the moment, as we'd like to have a few more people join in (resident or not). You can read my character's IC notes about it in the journal that is linked in my signature. Kahli has a very rich and thick history and lore that's waiting to be explored.

Want a tour of Kahli? I am sure Elgarion himself will be happy to give you one, but if he is not available, I'll gladly stand in.

15. Elgarion

Many thanks for the comments, @Helvig Ingvildsdottir -- very kind words! Indeed, I do have much planned. My writing has waned of late... Seems playing the game is keeping me away from my quill and ink! The latest story is titled "The Golden Age of Kahli" which 3 chapters are written. One, it provides some lore about the Temple Ruins of the White Cabal (my favorite location thus created in Kahli), but it is the first of a series of stories giving history to the various dragon bones. Outside the Temple lies Emorateese, the Loving Mother of Kahli. More to come! In fact... to see my basic outline of unwritten stories, check out the Kahli outline post. The post definitely needs a few updates, but it's still fairly detailed and accurate in many ways. Keep in mind folks, there are so many free housing opportunities in Kahli as well as opportunities for guilds to claim outposts, EVEN if the guild is primarily stationed elsewhere. Want a little place to call your own in an immersive RP-PvP environment so your guildies can include that aspect in their day-to-day gameplay as an option? Why not claim an outpost :)

Thanks again Helvig. :)

16. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Edit: Helheim does not exist anymore. The former residents (all but one) moved to a larger district inside Kahli, which is called Helboer. Most of what is written below is still valid, except the description of the location. Helboer has currently 8 private homes, 4 community buildings, and 2 gardens.

Farmers, fishermen, and others wanted for Helheim, a new settlement in the Kahli area.

The settlement is enclosed by sturdy walls and has a gate that can be locked in case of emergency.

The settlement consists of thirteen houses total, of which one is facing outwards and accessible to the general public. This building acts as a meadhall/tavern.

Another of the thirteen houses of the settlement is a semi-public bathhouse. This bathhouse is open to our settlers and their guests 24/7. There are facilities to clean your clothes and yourself, hottubs to soak in, and a sauna complete with a tub of ice water that, thanks to Helvig's proficiency in water and ice magic, stays always cold. The bathhouse will be opened to the general public for events.

Of the remaining eleven houses, six are claimed as private homes for individuals or couples residing in Helheim. We are therefore currently looking for settlers for five row homes.

Amenities include the already mentioned meadhall and bathhouse, a shared outhouse where we take turns cleaning it, and use of the community farm. The owner of every row house within our settlement will be given exclusive rights to a large planting bed on the community farm (fit for 20 plants) so they can farm for themselves and their families. You are free to use the well that is also found within our settlement, or buy water from the crafting merchant that enjoys lingering around the meadhall. The farm also sports a nice picnic area, a small and cozy bower where you can sit and relax, and an altar to Frey/Ing, the norse fertility god and Thor, the norse protector and friend of humans. Access to Helvig's private shrine to Hel can be granted to those so inclined.

There is a large storage basement just outside your doorstep where we have all crafting stations for everybody's use. For the crafts that enable masterworking of products and for alchemy/enchantment as well as cooking these even provide an expert bonus. The storage basement also doubles as a defensive retreat in the case of an attack if we are not prepared to defend ourselves. There is a device down there that lets you store your belongings safely, sending them directly into the vaults of the bank of Kahli.

Our settlement is built on a hill overlooking the larger tavern area, stables and gustball field by the lake. The devotional of courage is right outside our settlement's gate, all other devotionals are within walking distance. There is also another workshop basement with crafting stations nearby, but why would you want to walk there if everything you need in literally at your doorstep?

((Now the OOC stuff:

I recently claimed one of the settlements/gated communities in the Kahli area (formerly called Fort Grannus, renamed to Helheim) and am looking for settlers that enjoy living in a small purely RP community, based on a norse/viking theme. This is also a good opportunity for people to build their second or third home to have a base of operations in Kahli. I don't care how many other places you have, as long as you make an effort to show up in Kahli on a regular basis.

We are not aiming for maximum use of capacity or growth, but for people who will fit into our community and who are willing and able to contribute to everyone's roleplay. Therefore there is a very simple and painfree application process for these places inside our settlement. Basically, come roleplay with us, and write me a few words about who you are and why you want to live with us. That's it.

This settlement is open to all players that would like to play a loosely viking-inspired community of farmers, craftsmen and fishermen. Your guild affilation does not matter. The people who founded this settlement have recently also founded a guild (Nos Giliath), but for living in the settlement it is not a requirement to join the guild, and for joining the guild it is not a requirement to live in the settlement. We just want to roleplay with you, that's all. Therefore the requirements to join us are easy:

1. You need your own row lot deed (unless you are applying for the position as tavernkeep which comes with a furnished or unfurnished attic for your private use).
    2. You need a two, three, or four story viking row house deed. If you do not have one, you can borrow one of ours while supplies last, against a deposit in COTOs (20 COTOs for a two-story, 50 COTOs for a four-story row house) or a different house deed of equal value. The deposit will be returned to you when you give back the house deed, either because you've moved away or because you've bought a house deed of your own. You can also choose to immediately buy one of our house deeds. We can figure something out.
    3. You must roleplay and be interested in roleplaying with us. We don't want people who hang out in friends or solo mode 90% of their time or just dump a house somewhere and never show up at the site. We are not requesting a certain activity level. We are all adults with responsible jobs and families, we know RL takes a lot of time. But when you play, you should occasionally show up in the settlement and be available to hang out with your fellow settlers. If you have 10 hours of playtime a week and spend 9.5 in Upper Tears in solo mode, you are probably not the right person for us.
    4. You must have an IC reason for wanting to live in our settlement (see also point 3). Be creative about that. It's not a hard requirement but it would be awesome if your character had some kind of connection with viking culture. This could be (but is not limited to):
    • Your character is native to New Britannia and hails from Norgard.
    • Your character is an original viking from 7th to 12th century Scandinavia.
    • Your character is from a different world that has a culture that is somewhat similar to vikings.
    • Your character is an (early) modern time scientist like a historian or archeologist from the 18th to 21st century, specialized in northern European bronze age or viking time.
    • Your character is a modern day re-enactor of viking-time Scandinavia, or simply a renfair enthusiast.
    • Your character is a modern Asatru.
    That's it. Thank you to Elgarion for giving me this settlement, and I am looking forward to hearing from interested parties.))

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  17. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Very nicely done.

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Kahli has a new tavern/meadhall that is opening on July, 14. I will host events on a regular basis there, but the tavern is free to be used by everyone for roleplay at any time.

While downstairs looks like many other outlander taverns, we built the room upstairs to remind of traditional viking meadhalls, with benches and furs to the side and a large fire pit in the middle.

The meadhall is located at the settlement called "Helheim" on the map, in the northwestern corner of Kahli, in the mountains just above the gustball field.

[​IMG]

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, I didn't know that you could put rugs on the walls. Are they bearskin rugs?

Elgarion likes this.
  20. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

These are cowskin rugs. They seem to be the only ones where you can place other deco ontop (like the shields and weapons in the picture). But all rugs can be placed on walls. We also have an Obsidian Bear, a timber wolf and a deer rug on the walls (not visible in this picture), but without weapons or shields ontop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.