Help me kill the Troll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I've been killing those trolls for loot.

With this guy, I use body slam and jump. (level 92 started around 84)
    With Blade Savage daggers and poisons (level 72, I started around level 50) - because I now have the jump timing down.

The large part of it if your a low level caster - bring pots and a pet.
    Melee Heavy Armor - Body Slam - remember to move to the side or through him before he falls on you.
    Light like Blade Savage - Keep Dodge and Evasion up, poisons and fire.

Above all - get your jump timing down and don't let him get far enough away top keep chucking boulders at you.

Almar likes this.
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

PS. logging in now if you need a demo.

belijaal and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

@Sara Dreygon would disagree

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sara Dreygon is speaking of Levels 100-120.

so maybe this is it what do - skill all and everything to Skill Level 80 or 100 and then Spezialisations comes in after that Level.

Well good luck with mediocre players and casual gamers - this game is more and more only for hardcore gamers who have nothing to the whole day, but gaming.

they created a very wide Gap between players -due to PvP and Economy that is bad imo to the whole community - but sure the most people playing atm and have a strong voice in the forums are exactly these players.

the rest has already give up or is still dreaming or waiting and will recognize it when the game is officially launched and then have to learn you cannot be an archer/ fighter/ wizard only, you cannot be a Deathmage, Airmage, Icemage, Fire mage only, you can specialize on things after you have mastered all the other things.

It's ok - i then can stop cmplaining and say bye bye to endgame and PvP, even if i agree to the concept and go the hybrid route now, it will take me years to get to that point.
    And in the meanwhile others grind way ahead or give it up, burnout.

to casuals this system is a slap in the face after some time. Perosnal limit reached! If i stick to what i have and level this further i am stuck anyway.

makes me disappointed. but wo cares :)

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I venture outside for mail.

I'd agree... I'd like more competition and less of a gap in combat... no reason a new player can't get a higher chance at artifacts and more gold off lesser mobs but this is planned and ongoing.

@Chris is still working on things and is doing a good job but he's only one man. It's not going to be classless in the end but less of a gap and competitive has been a major goal. I've always preached patience in this respect.

Disagree with this but agree that it is possible with a lot of work to do... I've had to troubleshoot many issues because of my choice to not cast anything (tip: usually the answer is more damage).

Somewhat agree with this... I'd love to run into an air mage and think "crap, stun deck!" or a rare fire mage who'll charcoal me but currently who's damage can be easily and greatly mitigated even at a specialized attunement of 200.

Patience :).

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

@Stundorn we hardcore gamers need something too. Mediocre players, can go bye-bye. Casual players can do other stuff other than quest. I still don't get how you keep calling yourself casual, but want to do all the hardcore content. That's an oxymoron in itself. Hell I'm an IT professional who works 40+ hours a week, but yet I despise casual games. If I'm going to invest the little time I have into a game... it has to be challenging and rewarding. Neither of which a casual game does for me, AND casual games dominate the market.

So let us have this. You have many more choices than we do.

belijaal likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Most games have things players can't do. In those games There are areas that you can't go to until you are ready and there are things to do for your level. I don't understand why this game has to have everything everyone can do at every level of expertise. People tell you what they do and how they individually deal with it and because you cannot do it means it is a bad design. Hopefully there will be tons of content to keep every level of expertise player busy to not worry about what others are doing all the time.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Every since Chris added resist to the trolls, I can no longer kill them. I started using fire after that but then the fire resist of trolls skyrocketed and that didn't work either. So I avoid trolls completely unless I am in a party. Might try fire against a troll again soon. Chris is always tweaking it.
    You can't specialize has a mage if you want to kill all the mobs in the game. They all now have a unique resist profile. I think Chris said the only exception is if you are REALLY high level. Then your attunement overwhelmes the resist. So for example, undead are fairly fire resistant. But I can still burn up low level undead. For high level liches, however, fire is useless. Got to go life (banish undead) on them.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Stundorn likes this.
  9. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Great post, couldn't agree more.

10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Really? Blade Savage is all blades, and I had to use ignite weapon to do any damage to the undead. I don't use Banish undead at all. I don't have a problem killing them. Most of them are yellow to him.

11. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Yeah, you really just have to master this particular creature's mechanics. Even if you're an archer, get in close range, jump and avoid his own jumps (which stun and confuse you), try and stay to his back for better damage and to avoid his kick and then its just a matter of wearing him down. You can still get smashed if you make a mistake or get too cocky and let your guard down.

I think these are great encounter mobs. I fully support challenge mobs like this and of all levels. All ranges of players should have some form of champion/elite/lieutenant/boss, etc etc whatever you prefer calling them that they can work on tackling. There are many different creatures (even though they are not in game yet) and many different levels. I do not believe all trolls and dragons should take a full group to take out. Full group and raid bosses should be for high end game content. The lower level bosses are for lower level groups or less players if higher skilled.

One other thing to note... I really think there should be a more advanced paper-rock-scissors type mechanic in game. Some things are, like fire to trolls, bludgeon to skeletons, etc. However, there should be all sorts of mobs and encounters where certain builds/magic, etc work better than others. No one should feel inadequate being an air/water mage, or a moon/life mage. There should be areas where certain builds or skills shine more than others so everyone, no matter the build will have places to go and do well. For example, there should be areas/zones etc where a water mage would shine and their water magics would have more of an impact on mobs there than others. That could be said for all skill sets and hopefully it will come to pass.

12. Almar

Almar Avatar

I've not tried poisons yet, I will do! Cheers :)

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Trolls really are more of a latency fight/wonky animations not working when the troll is running than them being difficult themselves.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

you hardcore gamers can grind as long as you want - why have casual gamers then not the right to get to all content the game offers, just because you spent more time and love your min maxing mentality, have no sense for any roleplay and a limited and restricted system that creates variation etc...

i dont like a RPG with Multiplayer what wants you to skill all and everything just to be competetive. what a lame system contributing to only min maxers and not to Roleplayers.

To have no caps and no balance is the worst decision of the Developers ever made.

i guess the most hardcore players are solo players - go play offline and level as much as you like to 500.

Casual and hardcore content are not mutually exclusive, nor is PvP.
    the system you like is a bad system, a system that splits players and creates a meritocracy for the game - well done (SARCASM!)!!! :mad:

and you say i should play some casual games at least on my mobile i guess and i should let you get to what exactly if you are liking to skill forever...

In the end you will get to empty servers, because the system you like i ok for SP, but it kills all MP purposes.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

You don't have to skill everything to be competitive. You just have to adjust to the circumstances a little bit. This thread offers tons of solutions to kill the troll but you refuse to do anything of it. But seeking help to kill the troll was never the true intention, was it? You just wanted a platform to complain about game mechanics.

You just expect to be able to rp-dance to end game without making the slightest change. Personally I dont want to play a game that easy. I'd be gone without looking back

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

So you are saying you have to min max to be good. This does not correlate with RP'rs and people that play a RP character. If that is the case then they need to take this game out of the RPG genre.

Stundorn likes this.
  17. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Adjusting a little bit is far from min-maxing.

18. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Yup... very movement based. Jaan's in the 70s... Still can't solo the troll.

For me, FPS issues prevent me from responding in a timely manner to his telegraphing of moves.

Since defeating him is so movement based, perhaps it has more to do with GPU than stats or gear.

19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

1. you have to skill every magic shhool until they redo the math about reistancies to be competetive in PVP.

2. i didnt refuse things to do. I just said that with my build/ deck it isnt doable.

3. To help me kill the troll was a true intention, dont tell me about my intentions or analyze me.
    i then maybe think your intention to answer is only personal and not about the subject.
    i dont need a thread to have a platform, the whole board is a platform and i complain about several gamemechanics since i understand this singleplayer gamemechanics.

4. you comment about RP-Dance is a) insulting b) it seems you have no clue about RP, therefore you better say nothing more about it.
    And even if this were the case then where is the problem that people dance to max level or write books to max level or emote to max level. Tell me! You hard working better player/ human or whatever you are thinking you may be.

5. Personally the game is way to easy and things like the subject are cause of this.
    Do you need playerskill to kill a troll, no you just need to grind another school.
    LAME
    You are playing an far more easy game than you might think of

Here is my easy Game i want:
    Increase Death Decay
    Get rid of Teleport Scrolls
    Make encounters not avoidable
    Let players choose from some trees or cap Skills in total to not let them skill to an uber Avatar who can kill everything easy. Would be more difficult then to level, not?

Have you seen Highlevels Kill a Dragon or the Phoenix?

I saw one, he need nothing more to do then buff, and hit numbers. no Movement, no serious healing, just stand there, with his Bow, schooting Arrows, keep Buffs active and some HoT.
    He never loosed more than 10% of his Health, he didnt move , he just stands there smashing buttons- wow what a difficult game, i cant imagine how difficult.

the only difficulty we have is to organize time to grind, Ah and to me its difficult to overcome the fact that its only about grind and far less about playerskill or decisions to make, restrictions to handle, dependecies between players to organize.
    You know Multiplayer and online and such.

You seem to want to play Singleplayer offline - well be lucky, its possible.

Your view on the Multiplayeraspects are so shortsighted and then you came around with insultng and false assumptions about Roleplayers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  20. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

1) Who said anything about mobile? There are PLENTY of casual MMOs because my brother plays them.
    2) They made the decision way back in the early days, so if you didn't like it, then was the time to get out and play point 1 games.
    3) PVP has and never will be casual.
    4) Casual gamers can group together to do ALL the content in game, and it would not take YEARS like you are suggesting. Mediocre players it may take that. Which is why I said they can go bye-bye. If you suck, why drag everyone else down with you?
    5) You have said in other post that you want the ability to eventually solo all the content because that is the way you like to play. I see you... so don't try to twist it the other way now.
    6) I play mostly in parties.
    7) There are plenty of games out there that cater to casual gamers.... very few any longer cater to hardcore. So if the servers end up empty or not, oh well. I am enjoying it while it lasts.

So get off your soapbox and stop ranting. It's getting old.

belijaal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.