Help me kill the Troll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

@Stundorn Me, as a fire mage, can kill easly a troll, also when I was lvl 70, contrarily, is very hard for me to kill a dragon, i need to use sword, cause he don't realy take good dmg from fire. I think there are different boss for different spec.
    I can give you a tip, try to use fire spell to kill the troll :)

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If you do it alone. This is not really a game design to do everything by yourself as much as some want to. When finding a group option comes in that should help those who are open to it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

My wife and I duod Torc Dawl for the first time last night. The first match we lost. The second match was a double KO when his corpse fell on me for 637 damage, and the third time we won. We both play very simple miner/melee builds and are definitely not masters of everything, so this is probably one of just a couple of the big bosses that we would be able to handle. That's fine with me though. If we wanted to do something that we're not able to, we could always go with friends or learn new skills. We both benefited greatly from building our characters for mining from the beginning, so that has to be taken into account, along with everything else, when talking about balance.

While I do think that overall boss mobs are too resistant to too many types of magic currently, magic is still pretty beast for xp grinding. More specialization benefits would be cool, but it would also have to be done right. If someone could solo bosses using a low fizzle utility tree like water, how could you possibly fit the rest of the picture together in a way that makes sense?

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i dont mind to find out i cannot kill this or that mob. I just didnt get it that Trolls are super resistant to Ice and Air and Moonmagic, what are my main schools.
    i was thinking about to make compromises skill all magic schools, use two wands and such, but then i again recognized that is not the game i want to play.

if the game ends up having no balance for multiplayer because it is intended you can skill everything and more or less endlessly this is the bades i can imagine for any MP purposes
    beside pure social events.

i am locked of PVE Content if i dont want to partake in PVP, if i am not "consensual" that there is PVP.
    Well i would be fine about that if there is a balance and choices to make, limits, restrictions, dependencies...
    But there is nothing about this.

We dont need to be able to kill every mob, we dont need to be able to kill a boss (beside i think it would be even better if there were group content only) and there is nothing that forces you into PVP Scenes (only the main questline ask you to do so - beginning with Midras Ruins (Vault) ongoing with all Ruins for the Oracle Questline - yes i kno there are other ways, nevertheless, the Quest ask you to got to the Ruins and not to seek a way around it).
    Soi completely consensual?
    Yes if you agree to miss PvE Content!

the fact alone that it is possible to level everthing and people do it destroys any balance for any multiplayer related things if you do not the same and level all and as far as possible.

I think i am done at that point and i will wait for things change.

If they do not change it i need to think over if i want to play the game further for the content i can play - because the most exciting content, endcontent and MP content is only made for people who like the system how it actually is - i dislike it for many reasons!!!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Whether you are melle or ranged you kill him by circling his back

bigta1982 likes this.
  6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

This is just not true at all for PVE. Min maxers will be able to solo more things then casuals but casuals will be able to do everything in this game with a group. The min maxers are just a small percentage of players that you shouldn't even spend time worrying about.

7. Demonixiv

Demonixiv Avatar

It sounds like you need to make friends in game and take them to help you take out the troll. Seems a reasonable method to me until you can understand how to do it alone. This is exactly what I am doing and I am sure you can too.

Chrystoph Reis and belijaal like this.
  8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I think you guys are missing his point. He wants to be able to be competitive with his RP build. He wants his skills to balance and not have to be a jack of all trades. He does not want to be like everyone else and be the omnipotent cookie cutter build. Thats why he mentions skill caps or harder soft caps, maybe even hard caps. That would bring some balance to the game and people would actually need other people instead of being able to solo everything by themselves.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

His build will probably be competitive with the majority of other players. It seems like he is worried about a small percentage of players. Even with more caps, that small percentage of players will still be better.

10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

For me it is quite easy. I roleplay a halberd warrior with extensive earth casting skills and water and air and.. and... Oh, I don't use healing btw (except for a potion now and then). It's difficult but I'm proud of my role play abilities. :)

Stundorn and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Those small percentage of players have the devs ear. Most of us have been asking for what he wants for 3+ years, but most of us are gone now. Hang around long enough and you will see what where talking about.

Stundorn likes this.
  12. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You don't have to be a jack of all trades. Ourside of resistances, you can get all the other skills. My Blade Savage build has proven that... newer old olg UO member are proving that.. It's about the player not the skills.

13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I'm not trying to argue with you. We all feel how we feel. Maybe if they capped resistance or went back to the way they had it with negative counters for innates. I actually liked that. But since you mentioned it, innates are a problem for pure rp people as they would not take an innate if it was not in character.

Stundorn likes this.
  14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I don't believe you are correct with your term most. The information from the Devs and the past couple polls show that the population is split about Death Decay and "most" definitely don't want stronger decay. Also, the game was advertised as a classless system. So maybe most of the people that play like you have been asking for it but people like me and my friends have not. He also wants to get rid of teleport scroll. A lot of people that I play would like to keep them and expand on them.

15. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

If a pure RPer would not take an innate that that is in their character then they could party with a person that can take it.

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

what poll? Was there one that would be scientific or was there one that just was on these forums. Many people do not use the forums and the ones like me can vote multiple times because i have multiple accounts. A poll can only be trusted if emailed out to each backer in the form of a survey. the rest is crap.

FrostII likes this.
  17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

The poll may not be scientific but it is more accurate then your use of the word "most".

18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

it does not quite fit in with RP but thats the only way now. It was way better in uo 20 yrs ago. Sad that they cannot come up with RP mechanics for actual RP instead of min max.

Stundorn likes this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

it is not. The poll can easily be scewed. When I say most you can look at the forums over the last 4 yrs and see how many accounts have been sold.

20. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

for a long time now I have had a secret desire to play as close range naked reagentless mage using only a pipe and a bottle of bourbon as weapons...

trust me... this not being viable most would agree is why they no longer play.

belijaal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.