Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please tell me

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by SynthMusic, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

Please tell me..... that by the time you roll this out for public consumption you will be putting a lot more data supplied and held by the client side..... With load times this long you will only get the die hard gamers and you want much more than them because they'll grind out 500k for a house in game. It is the casual gamer that will generate more revenue for you.

Please tell me..... that by the time you roll this out you will have dirtied up some of the scenes to make them look more authentic. You have some areas that just look too clean. Like not previously trodden or lived in.

Please tell me... that by the time you open this up to public you will have given up on the notion of one character per account. At least do two. First one per account is like a stick in the eye to the consumer, too restrictive and I really do not want you to make the game so expensive that you wont have enough players to support it. Besides if one toon has some issues from a bug or something then you will be more apt to retain that gamer because they can play their other toon until they can figure out how to iron out the problematic one.

Please tell me.....that you will interconnect all the areas and do away with the world map..... With load times the way they are wouldn't it be better to have one load in transit from one area to the other instead of three? Seriously?

Well this has been Please Tell Me. Hey you wanted feedback. You got it.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek:~Screen Loading, Please Wait~:confused:
    [​IMG]
    :D~Time Lord~:confused:

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Higher pledges came with two or three character slots and they'll be available from the add-on store the functionality just hasn't been implemented yet.
    The over world map is here to stay.
    Load times will improve as we get closer to the games commercial release.

Retlaw, Time Lord and By Tor like this.
  4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

we have see this going better and better every release .. (or not?)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

The trend has generally been for the better but particularly now that we're nearing the finish line.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

i'm jocking.. i have not see better performace on loading times.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes:For Me, It's a Yes and No Thing o_O...
    What I have seen is what this gif implies. I can get into hunting instances much faster and see everything there, but when I return back to my POT or into a city, I get there fast, but then must wait for everything within those instances to finish loading before I can open my front door.

"We're not there yet, but we are getting there, with a tad bit of humor along the way" :D~Time Lord~

zyxe and Rennik like this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Still dont understand why anyone would want a 2nd character with the current mechanics..

Youd be re leveling the same base skills and all the base attunements. Base buffs etc..
    Only did might be you do 120 ranged instead of blades.

And even then.. you can do this on same character in 5% of the time..

Cant even imagine doing anothrr... lets call it play through. Lol

Retlaw and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Only recently I've taken on another character and I only took it on for my girlfriend to have the ability to sometimes play (she can only read and write small English, but can speak about at the 50% level). I do allot in helping her character out because of this.

:rolleyes: But more to the point, while I was a single character player, I was able to do so much more and make allot more $ as well as self enjoyment. For RP purposes, I took on a 3rd character, yet haven't moved him out into the world for lack of any good reason to do so. So it may seem like a good idea but, I think our friend @MrBlight is right! ;)~Time Lord~

10. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

well I am bugged in my current character that is why a second toon would be desirable. I and the Dev still cannot figure out why my hotbar combat deck editor was lost. The quest is hosed or something.

11. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

It would only be better for people who are moving from one scene to an adjacent scene. Not so great for people traveling across the map. Can you imagine being forced to load into every scene you come across while moving from, say, Ardoris to Brittany? Yikes.

Concord, Elwyn, Retlaw and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.