Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This feels too easy!!!

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by liz_the_wiz, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

OK @Chris, I know you know me, and please know I feel seriously about this.

saturday lunchtime, on stream, i said ha, lets make a trial account - so I did. and lo, Void came into being. now obviously as a trial Void has to start as bow and I wanted to go blade, so I disabled the bow stuff, and picked a sword and some crappy shield and off we went into the world.

I played till about midnight, so say 12 hours play

today. I logged in again around midday. its now 10pm

Void is actively killing in a 4 skull area, with 15666g in his pocket, something like 65 in tailoring and 30s in blacksmithing I think it is. I upgraded him to a paid account and bought him some clockwork armor and made the copper and iron daggers hes duel wielding right now.

This feels so wrong. how can a took of <24 hours play be killing in 4 skull areas already? this feels too fast, and I feel too rich, i havent sold stuff to players to get g, so no "hey any one got copper" sure "thanks heres some g" nothing..

Sorry but right now, this game is TOO EASY!!! The only thing that slows people down on start is, understanding the mechanics.

PS Void is lvl 32 atm :p

2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Feels easy because you know where to go and what to do. This was my first character and just getting around was a pain. I accomplished the same stuff in less than two months with my second account. Playing through a second time is about 99xs easier.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok in two days over 20 hours game play. In a game you knew how to level, / earn / . . . .

Sorry but you are at a good pace.

And as stated the only reason you are killing in a tier 4 at level 32 is you knew how to tweak your skills for the best outcome with minimal effort / waste.

What stats did you tweak? what is you str? dex? int? . . . . .

With your levels / skills you will be able to GRIND you way to level 80 in no time but that still leaves you only plinking around in tier 5 areas

Now I am going to say it AGAIN , the problem with the game is not , to level 60, it is that there are players who are > 100 and for you to bridge that cap from where you are now to > 100 . . . . .

when you hit 100 let me know how many hours you played and all your other skills?

Then tell me how easy it is.

and BTW you are not a normal player - 22 hours of game play in 2 days is a T-O-N

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@wein my stats are: 20 str, 10 dex, 10 int.. i have clockwork armor, a copper dagger I made and an iron dagger I made.. I clearly picked blades..
    [​IMG]

I havent grouped, I havent set out to level stupidly fast.. I didnt really even cherry pick.

While I know it takes a lot more to get to 100, however, if 1-3 skull areas are less than great for me, thats a lot of zones.. already only after 1 day

Yes 20 + hours is a lot, but I couldnt play all week due to 12 hour days and being on call, the weekend I chose to gameplay.. its not normal for me to put in that time in 2 days, but ignoring the 2 days portion.. 20 something hours...

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I agree completly. I went and did same thing. 4 skull in like 4th login (probly 16h or so.. no crafting )

Makes you wonder how they will make 1-4 skull important in anyway?
    I think they will habe to implement more groups of high level content or 1-4 will jist be wasted space.

6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I watched a little of @liz_the_wiz 's stream and with 20 str, 10 dex/int, a small investment in swords, basic heavy armor, and two daggers, she was easily handling the wolves in the 4 skull zones. She was having some issue with the fighters due to them ganging up on her and her low dex. No food buffs or anything either.

The mobs at this point were already yellow for her. That is pretty quick to get to four skull zones. Four and five skull zones used to be the highest zones. I know that there are areas that are higher than 5 skull now, maybe 4 skulls is the low-mid game?

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

What this tells me is that the game is severely in need of balancing.

I have way more levels invested on my character (over 500 in Subterfuge, 200 or so in Light Armour and about the same amount as you in Blade) and I can BARELY do 3-skull content... and I've been playing the same character since persistence. By "barely", I mean: I die a lot but I can get things done.

Is it the Earth Magic skills? Heavy Armour? Whirling Blades? Coup de Grace? I mention these particular factors because those are the things I don't have. I'm really curious to know what causes the discrepancy.

8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I would say it was the Heavy armor. I had issues with light armor early in the game and switched to heavy until I got my dex and defenses up.

Quenton and EMPstrike like this.
  9. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Heavy armor; I am useless in light armor, but can solo multiple ferocious red spiders in a chain chest and cloth rest armor suit.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  10. Gix

Gix Avatar

Do you guys feel like it's the stats of the armour itself that is just better compared to Light Armour or is it the skills involved that make the difference?

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

This is what basic started gear gives with my innate skills:
    A basic set of Founder's Plate with a plate helm gives 17 DR and 17 Avoidance.
    A basic set of Founder's leather with a leather helm gives 12.6 DR and 2% Avoidance.
    A basic set of Founder's cloth with a cloth helm gives 8.2 DR and 2% Avoidance.

As you can see, heavy armor gives way more protections.

As a comparison, here is what my +10 leather dex/avoidance/dodge set gives - 11.5 DR and 11 avoidance.

Even with 154 Dex, 37% avoidance with Fortify Defense and Ice Armor, and an unknown about of dodge with Dodge active, I can still take a lot of damage compared to some of my plate friends. I believe early on DR is king and later Avoidance is king.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  12. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Thanks for the info! :)

The Whole Heavy Armor vs. Light Armor seems way off-balance. If you're wearing Heavy armor, it makes sense that your damage resistance would be higher. but damage avoidance should be lower. Heavy Armor should protect better, but limit movement... but perhaps as Strength increases, then you might be able to move better and have better avoidance.

Light Armor should be opposite: lower direct damage resistance, but higher damage avoidance... and an increased DEX would beef up the avoidance, and an increased STR might help you take damage better.

This is kind of a sore spot for me... I like to roleplay my character as much as I can, not just in what he says... but how he decorates his house, what he wears, and even what color it is. I've had people say, "If you want to survive soloing, you need to be wearing heavy armor and using blades." But I'm a ranger, so a i use a longbow and some magic as backup... and I don't want to wear a suit of heavy armor... At the most I might wear a chainmail chest. For ranged characters, light armor decreases fizzle chance and should allow quicker movement and therefore better damage avoidance. It sometimes seems that combat is set to favor the melee types... at least when it comes to taking/avoiding damage. Maybe as I work more on my passive skills things might improve... but right now I'm having to solo hunt in areas where the experience is far less, just to survive. I used to be able to hunt in 5-Skull areas pretty well (albeit carefully), now with the most recent AI and combat changes, I'm often falling to things that barely give me XP even when I do defeat them.

Sir_Michael and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  13. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

There could be many reasons why you are having problems in 5 skull areas but none of them include your choice of using a bow or wearing light armor. This would get a bit off topic for this thread so if you would like some help then message here or in game and I would be glad to help if I can. My character is Diab Blackbow. (BTW - no matter what you read on the forums, all of the combat trees are valid for soloing)

belijaal and Rennik like this.
  14. Gix

Gix Avatar

So maybe the game is just "too easy" with plate armour? Either they have too much protection or they don't have enough disadvantages to warrant that protection. I'm speculating here.

All I know is that, with my character, the game is FAAAAAR from easy.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Holy cow!

For science, try again as a mage?

16. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

My alt came out of the Outskirts able to bypass skull 1 and 2. There are some really nice areas that are now never going to be used. I agree with OP. And yes, I knew what to do to skill fast, but anyone with access to these forums will be able to do that because there are some really bored high level people that want to help so much it hurts the game (my opinion).
    The daily XP bonus helped make this imbalance, but that was only 40k before I left the outskirts.

liz_the_wiz and Time Lord like this.
  17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This truly illustrates my frustrations early on trying to go with light armor. As soon as I switched to heavy armor the world was my oyster so to speak.

Now at the same time I did have to learn how the combat system works in terms of stuns/getting behind the mobs/etc etc.

The reality is while this may be too easy at the low end, that's arguably not a terrible thing right now until everything is completely tweaked. For instance, mages rule the end game because of how attunement works (slowly gain power as the tree grows) vs this example where you really only need a few skills to be competitive early on but at the same time slowly lose their "edge" so to speak. As it stands, this setup is "the perfect counter" to this particular bit of content: high avoidance solves all woes and mages would have a significantly tougher time here.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes: Sounds like there's a trend here :D~TL~

19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot this one was going to be a mage, that was my intent but shes also in a 4 skull area.. killing things. She has a +1 bodice and a +1 short kilt.. and a hammer. With sun, earth and air.

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Net

Net Avatar

Hah, I challenge you to start as life mage and go kill undead with super awesome banish undead. Use only wand/staff.

Anyway, it is much easier when you know the game. And know which tier 4 mobs are safe and which are not, I mean even lower tier archers are/were bad for mages. Also try some mines.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.