Wanted: Do you love playing music?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hello Fellow Audiophiles and Melody Makers!

While hanging out with @Paulie Walnuts in Soltown (I'm a really new player) tonight I thought I'd search around for threads and pages regarding music but didn't quite find what I was looking for. Btw, Paulie's great so please do stop an' listen whenever he's on a piano!

You see, I dig being able to listen and play music in SotA and pretty sure a lot of you do too, so here's the request:

Do you have great resources for .abc and .mml files to share?
    What is your favorite format? Does it depend on the piece? Got any tips or tricks for converting and encoding?

What are your instruments of choice?

What songs in your collection are your your favorites and would you share them in this thread with us?

Is the music system finished or is it still a work in progress?

What's up with sheet music? How does that work?

Are there any hot bands around to check out? And are they hiring? :D

Side note: we need to put a request in for a dance and synchronized dance system in the wishlist forum - pretty sure it's really important to the game's success ;)

Birko, Luca Xante, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Hi Alleine i would suggest you speak to majoria at Wizards Rest . She is has been doing alot of work on the music side of things and i'm sure she will be able to answer alot of your questions you have posted here. :)

3. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Awe! Thank you for the kind words! It was great meeting and hanging out with you!

Now to the questions!

Google Lotro abc, a ton of great sites should pop up for finding base music files.

What is your favorite format? Does it depend on the piece? Got any tips or tricks for converting and encoding?
    .ABC files. Some people use Maestro, some use MidiEditor to edit/convert the midi files. Then a lot use EasyABC to make them into playable .abc files.

Grand Piano, Piano, and Lute

What songs in your collection are your your favorites and would you share them in this thread with us?
    I have too many to list that I love. Files can be shared outside of game as well as published on sheet music in game. So there's a couple ways to get and play tunes!

Music system is still very much a work in progress.

Players can publish the music in game and you can place the sheet music in your backpack, double click it and just play!

There's a lot of musically inclined people in the game. Bands are definitely out there! Stop by Oracle Oasis any time and play with our band or just use our instruments!

See ya soon hopefully! Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar!

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

They have at least 1 synced dance.. I just noticed it last night.. waltz lead and waltz follow... hey it's a start :)

there may be more already.. the game has so much depth and breadth it's hard to keep up

I can't wait for the music system to be more fleshed out...I have a grand piano on my roof and a harpsichord on my first floor.

oh and welcome ... YAY more Pac Norwester's

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Had some guests a while ago and played 2 songs for them on the great harp and the Harpsichord
    Starts around 1:06

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there. To play music in Shroud of the Avatar you can only do it in two ways. 1) as mentioned by using a sheet music someone has published for you and then you click on it if you have an instrument in you inventory to play it. 2)if you have downloaded files to your sheet music files. for example here is my route to get to the sheet music folder on an intel pc:
    user/majoria70/appData/roaming/portalarium/shroudoftheavatar/sheetmusic

But before you go there here is what I suggest and mind you this is just my way and it is the way I did it.

1-download easyabc abc converter or maestro or other free converters, but I have loved easyabc because for me it was......ta-da.....easy lol

2-go to your favorite site for abc files that you know of. I used fatlute.com but sadly that one is gone and it was so user friendly and easy to use. Now I go to this site and others may recommend other places but this site is good too.
    http://lotrotunes.clickmadly.com/tunes

3-so once you have the converter go to the website and pick a song. for example one I like a lot is Out Of My Head by Fastball - It sounds best on the Piano to me ;) So when you click on the name of the song you will see this:

X: 1
    T: Out of my head - Fastball (2:24) - Lute
    %%part-name Lute
    Z: Liberiel
    M: 4/4
    Q: 80
    K: C maj

+f+ [E,E-^G-B-e-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- [E,E-G-B-e-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-^f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-]
    [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,3/4 [B,F-B-d-f-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,3/4- |
    [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-] [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//] [C,3/4-C3/4] [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//]
    [C,3/4-C3/4] [C,//^G,//-G//-B//-^d//-] [G,3/4G3/4-B3/4-d3/4-] [G,//-G//B//d//] G,3/4 [G,G-B-d-] [G,//-G//B//d//] G,3/4 |
    [A,A-^c-e-a-] [A,//-A//c//e//a//] A,3/4- [A,A-c-e-a-] [A,//-A//c//e//a//] A,3/4- [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//]
    E,3/4- [E,E-G-B-e-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- |
    [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,3/4F3/4-A3/4-c3/4-f3/4-] [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,3/4- [F,F-A-c-f-] [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,3/4- [F,/B,/-F/-B/-^d/-f/-]
    [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,3/4 [B,F-B-d-f-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,3/4- |
    [A,//-B,//E//-A//-^c//-e//-] [A,15/4-E15/4-A15/4-c15/4-e15/4-] [A,3/4-E3/4A3/4c3/4e3/4] A,5/4- A,3/2 z/ |
    +ff+ [E,E-^G-B-e-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- +fff+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-^f/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//^g//] E,//- [E,/B,/-b/] +ff+
    [E,//-B,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-g/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//f//-]
    [E,//-f//] [E,/-e/] |
    [E,//B,//-B//-^d//-^f//-b//-] [B,//-B//-d//f//-b//-] [B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+ [B,//-B//d//f//b//] B,//- +fff+ [B,//-d//] B,// [B,B-d-f-b] [B,//-B//d//f//b//] B,//
    [B,/b/] +ff+ [^C,/B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] [B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+ [B,/-B/d/f/b/-] [B,/b/] [B,B-d-f-b-] [B,//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-B//d//f//] B,/- |
    +ff+ [A,/-B,/A/-^c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/-c/-e/-a/] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,3/4a3/4] [A,A-c-e^ga-] [A,//-A//c//e//-a//] [A,3/4-e3/4] [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-]
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- +fff+ [E,/-e/] +f+ [E,E-G-B-e-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- +fff+ [E,/-B/] |
    [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/] [F,3/4-F3/4-A3/4-c3/4-e3/4f3/4-]
    [F,//F//-A//-c//-f//-] [F,//-F//A//c//f//^g//-] [F,//-g//] [F,/-f/] +f+ [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//-]
    [B,3/4f3/4] [B,F-B-d-f-] +ff+ [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//f//] [C,//B,//] B,/- |
    % Bar 10 (0:27)
    [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- +fff+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-^f/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//^g//]
    E,//- [E,/B,/-b/] +ff+ [E,//-B,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,3/4- [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-g/]
    [E,//-E//G//B//e//f//-] [E,//-f//] [E,/-e/] |
    [E,//B,//-B//-^d//-^f//-b//-] [B,//-B//-d//f//-b//-] [B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+ [B,//-B//d//f//b//] B,//- +fff+ [B,//-d//] B,// [B,B-d-f-b] [B,//-B//d//f//b//] B,//
    [B,/b/] +ff+ [^C,/B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] [B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+ [B,/-B/d/f/b/-] [B,/b/] [B,B-d-f-b-] [B,//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-B//d//f//] B,/- |
    +ff+ [A,/-B,/A/-^c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/-c/-e/-a/-] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//^d//-e//a//] [A,3/4d3/4] [A,A-ce-a-] [A,//-A//c//-e//a//] [A,3/4-c3/4] +ff+
    [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-c/e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- +fff+ [E,/-^g/-] +f+ [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-g//]
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/^f/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//-f//] [F,//-c//] +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+ [F,/-F/-A/-c/e/f/-]
    +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//-f//] [F,/-c/] F,//- [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] +fff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//^g//-]
    [B,3/4g3/4] [B,F-B-d-f] [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//e//] [C,//B,//] [B,/-e/] |
    +ff+ [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4] +fff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- [E,//-e//] E,//- [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-^f//]
    [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +ff+ [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//] [E,//B,//-] [E,//-B,//] E,//- +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] +fff+
    [B,//-F//B//d//f//b//] B,//- [B,//-b//] B,// [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-] [B,//-F//-B//-^c//d//-f//-] [B,//F//-B//-d//f//-]
    [B,//-F//B//d//-f//] [B,//-d//] B,/- |
    [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] +f+ [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,//-C//-e//] [C,/-C/] +fff+ [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C/E/-G/-c/-^d/] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,/-C/-e/] [C,//-C//-] +f+ [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-d//-] [G,//-G//-B//-d//-] +fff+ [G,/G/-B/-=d/-^d/-] +f+
    [G,//-G//B//=d//-^d//] [G,//-=d//] +fff+ [G,/b/-] +f+ [G,//-G//-B//-^d//-b//] [G,//-G//-B//-d//-] +fff+ [G,/G/-B/-d/-b/-] +f+ [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,//-b//]
    +fff+ [G,/a/] |
    +ff+ [A,A-^c-e-a] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,//-^g//] A,// [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,//-A//-c//-e//-g//a//-] [A,//A//-c//-e//-a//] [A,//-A//c//e//a//]
    A,//- [A,//-g//] A,//- +ff+ [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] +fff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//a//] E,//- [E,/-g/] +f+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/] +fff+
    [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+
    [F,//-F//-A//-c//-e//f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-^g/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//g//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-f/] +f+ [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-]
    [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//-] [B,3/4f3/4] [B,F-B-d-f-] +ff+ [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//f//] [C,//B,//] B,/- |
    [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- [E,//-e//] E,//- [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-^g/]
    +ff+ [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//] [E,//B,//-] +fff+ [E,//-B,//b//-] [E,//-b//] +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-^f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] +fff+
    [B,//-F//B//d//f//b//] B,//- [B,//-b//] B,// [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-F//-B//-d//f//-] [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-] +ff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//- +fff+ [B,/-e/-] |
    +f+ [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C/-E/-G/-c/-e/] [C//-E//-G//-c//-] [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//] [C,//-C//-] +fff+ [C,//-C//-c//] [C,//-C//] [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-^d//] [C//E//-G//-c//-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//] [C,//-C//-] [C,//-C//-e//] [C,//-C//-] +f+ [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-d//-]
    [G,3/4G3/4-B3/4-d3/4-] +fff+ [G,//-G//B//=d//-^d//] [G,3/4=d3/4] [G,3/4-G3/4-B3/4-^d3/4-b3/4] [G,//G//-B//-d//-] [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,//-b//] [G,/a/] |
    % Bar 20 (0:57)
    +ff+ [A,A-^c-e-a] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,//-^g//] A,// [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/-c/-e/-g/a/] [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,/-g/] +ff+
    [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4-] +fff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//a//-] [E,//-a//] [E,/-g/-] +f+ [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-g//]
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/-f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//e//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+
    [F,//-F//-A//-c//-e//f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-^g/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//g//-] [F,//-g//] +fff+ [F,/-f/] +f+
    [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4] +fff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//-] [B,//-f//] [B,/e/] +f+ [B,F-B-d-f] +fff+ [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//e//-]
    [C,//B,//e//-] +ff+ [B,//-e//] B,//- |
    [A,//-B,//E//-A//-^c//-e//-] [A,3/4-E3/4-A3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] [A,/-^C/E/-A/-c/-e/-] [A,/-^D/E/A/-c/-e/-] [A,/-E/-A/-c/-e/-] [A,/E/-^F/-A/-c/-e/-] [E/-F/A/-c/-e/-]
    [E//-G//A//-c//-e//-] [E//-^G//-A//-c//-e//-] [E/-G/A/-c/-e/-] [E//A//B//-c//e//-] [B//e//-] [c3/4e3/4-] e// e/- [e/-^f/-] [e//-f//] e//- [e//^g//-] g//- |
    [E,/-E/-^G/-B/-e/^g/-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-g//] [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,3/4-e3/4] +ff+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-^c/-e/]
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-c//e//-] [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//^f//-] [E,//-f//] [E,/B,/-g/] [E,//-B,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//]
    [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,3/4-e3/4] [E,E-G-B-e] +ff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] [E,/-f/] |
    [E,//B,//-B//-^d//-^f//-b//-] [B,3/4B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-b3/4-] +f+ [B,//-B//-d//f//b//] [B,3/4B3/4] +ff+ [B,/-B/-d/-f/-b/-] [B,/B/-^c/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+
    [B,//-B//c//-d//f//b//] [B,//c//] +ff+ [B,/d/] [^C,/B,/B/-d/-f/-b/-] [B,/B/c/-d/-f/-b/-] [B,//-B//-c//d//-f//-b//] [B,//-B//-d//f//] [B,/B/] +f+ [B,Bd-f-b-]
    +ff+ [B,//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-B//d//f//] [B,/-c/] |
    [A,/-B,/A/-^c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/c/-e/-a/-] [A,//-A//-c//e//a//] [A,//-A//] [A,//-A//] A,// [A,/-A/B/c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,//-A//B//-c//e//a//] [A,//-B//]
    [A,/-e/] [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//^g//-] [E,/-g/] E,//- [E,E-G-B-e-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-]
    [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,3/4F3/4-A3/4-c3/4-f3/4] [F,//-F//A//c//f//-] [F,//-f//] [F,/-b/] [F,/-F/-A/-c/-f/-] [F,/F/-A/-c/f/-b/]
    [F,//-F//A//c//-f//] [F,/-c/] F,//- [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-b//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-b3/4] [B,//-F//B//c//-d//] [B,//-c//] [B,/e/] +f+ [B,/-F/-B/-d/-f/-] +ff+
    [B,/F/-B/-d/-e/-f/] [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//e//] [C,//B,//] B,/- |
    [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4] +fff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] [E,/-e/] [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-^f//]
    [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +ff+ [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//B,//-e//-] +fff+ [E,//-B,//e//-b//-] [E,//-e//-b//] +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-e//-]
    [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-e3/4-] +fff+ [B,//-F//B//d//e//-b//] [B,//-e//-] [B,//-e//-b//] [B,//e//-] +f+ [B,//-F//-B//-d//-e//f//-] [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-] +fff+
    [B,//-F//-B//-^c//d//-f//-] [B,//F//-B//-d//f//-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//- [B,/-e/-] |
    +f+ [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,//-C//-e//] [C,/-C/] +fff+ [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C//-E//-G//-c//-^d//] [C//E//-G//-c//-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,/-C/-e/] [C,//-C//-] +f+ [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-d//-] [G,//-G//-B//-d//-] +fff+
    [G,/G/-B/-=d/-^d/-] +f+ [G,//-G//B//=d//-^d//] [G,//-=d//] +fff+ [G,/b/-] +f+ [G,//-G//-B//-^d//-b//] [G,//-G//-B//-d//-] +fff+ [G,/G/-B/-d/-b/-] +f+
    [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,//-b//] +fff+ [G,/a/] |
    +ff+ [A,A-^c-e-a] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//] A,//- [A,//-^g//] A,// [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,/A/-c/-e/-g/a/] [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,//-g//] A,//- +ff+
    [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-a/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//a//] E,//- +fff+ [E,/-g/-] +f+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/g/] +fff+
    [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    % Bar 30 (1:27)
    +fff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+ [F,//-F//-A//-c//-e//f//-]
    [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-^g/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//g//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-f/] +f+ [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-]
    [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//-] [B,3/4f3/4] [B,F-B-d-f-] +ff+ [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//f//] [C,//B,//] B,/- |
    [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,3/4E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4] +fff+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//] E,//- [E,//-e//] E,//- [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-^g/] +ff+
    [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//] [E,//B,//-] +fff+ [E,//-B,//b//-] [E,//-b//] +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-^f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] +fff+
    [B,//-F//B//d//f//b//] B,//- [B,//-b//] B,// [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-F//-B//-d//f//-] [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-] +ff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//- +fff+ [B,/-e/-] |
    +f+ [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C/-E/-G/-c/-e/] [C//-E//-G//-c//] +fff+ [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//] [C,//-C//-] [C,//-C//-c//] [C,//-C//] [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-^d//] [C//E//-G//-c//-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,/-C/-e/] [C,//-C//-] [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-e//-] [G,/-G/-B/-e/]
    [G,//G//-B//-] [G,//-G//B//=d//-] [G,/-d/] G,// [G,3/4-G3/4-B3/4-^d3/4-b3/4] [G,//G//-B//-d//-] [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,/-b/] G,// |
    [A,A-^c-e-a] [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,/^g/] +ff+ [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] +fff+ [A,/A/-c/-e/-g/a/] [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,//-g//] A,//- +ff+
    [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-] +fff+ [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-b//] [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//G//B//e//a//-] [E,//-a//] [E,/-g/-] +f+
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-g//] [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/] +fff+ [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,/-e/] E,//- |
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//^f//-] +fff+ [F,/-F/-A/-c/-f/-] [F,//F//-A//-c//-e//f//-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/] +f+ [F,/-F/-A/-c/-f/-]
    +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-^g/] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-f/] +f+ [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-] [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//-
    +fff+ [B,/e/] +f+ [B,F-B-d-f] +fff+ [^C,//-B,//-F//B//d//e//-] [C,//B,//e//-] +ff+ [B,//-e//] B,//- |
    [A,//-B,//E//-A//-^c//-e//-] [A,11/4E11/4-A11/4-c11/4-e11/4-] [E-A-c-e-] [E3/4A3/4c3/4e3/4-] e5/4- e- e3/4 z// |
    z/ +mp+ [e//g//a//] z// [E,//e//g//a//] z// [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// +mf+ [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// +f+ [E,//E//e//g//a//] z//
    [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// +ff+ [E,//E//e//g//a//] z// +mf+ e// +ff+ [d//g//a//b//c'//]
    [d//e//f//b//c'//] +f+ [e//f//g//a//] +ff+ [d//e//b//c'//] +f+ [g//a//b//c'//] +ff+ [c//d//e//f//] [F//G//A//B//] |
    [E,//-D//E//^G//-B//-e//-] +mp+ [E,//-A,//B,//G//-B//-e//-] [E,/G/-B/-e/] +fff+ [E,//-G//B//e//] E,//- [E,//-e//] E,//- +f+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] +fff+
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-^f//] [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +ff+ [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//] [E,//B,//-] +fff+ [E,//-B,//b//-] [E,//-b//] +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-f//-]
    [B,3/4F3/4-B3/4-d3/4-f3/4-] +fff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//b//] B,//- [B,//-b//] B,// [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-] [B,//-F//-B//-^c//d//-f//-]
    [B,//F//-B//-d//f//-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//- [B,/-e/-] |
    +f+ [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//] [C,3/4-C3/4] +fff+ [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C//-E//-G//-c//-^d//] [C//E//-G//-c//-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,//-C//-e//] [C,/-C/-] [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-e//-] [G,/-G/-B/-e/] [G,//G//-B//-]
    [G,//-G//B//=d//-] [G,3/4d3/4] [G,3/4-G3/4-B3/4-^d3/4-b3/4] [G,//G//-B//-d//-] [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,/-b/] G,// |
    +ff+ [A,A-^c-e-a] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,//-^g//] A,// [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,//-A//-c//-e//-g//a//-] [A,//A//-c//-e//-a//]
    [A,//-A//c//e//a//-] [A,//-a//] [A,/-g/] +ff+ [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-b/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//a//] E,//-
    [E,/-g/] +f+ [E,3/4-E3/4-G3/4-B3/4-e3/4] +fff+ [E,//E//-G//-B//-e//-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    % Bar 40 (1:57)
    +ff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+
    [F,//-F//-A//-c//-e//f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] +fff+ [F,/F/-A/-c/-f/-^g/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//g//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-f/] +f+ [F,//B,//-F//-B//-^d//-f//-]
    [E,//-B,//E//-^G//-B//-e//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/] [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,/-e/] E,//- +f+ [E,/-E/-G/-B/-e/-] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-^g/]
    +ff+ [E,//-B,//-E//G//B//e//] [E,//B,//-] +fff+ [E,//-B,//b//-] [E,//-b//] +f+ [E,//B,//-^F//-B//-^d//-^f//-] [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-] +fff+
    [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-b//] [B,//F//-B//-d//-f//-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//b//-] [B,//-b//] B,/ [B,/-F/-B/-d/f/-b/] [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-] +ff+ [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,//-
    +fff+ [B,/-e/-] |
    +f+ [B,//^C//-E//-^G//-^c//-e//-] [C3/4-E3/4-G3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] [^C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//] [C,3/4-C3/4] +fff+ [C,//C//-E//-G//-c//-] [C//-E//-G//-c//-]
    [C//-E//-G//-c//-^d//] [C//E//-G//-c//-] [C,//-C//-E//G//c//e//-] [C,//-C//-e//] [C,/-C/-] +f+ [C,//^G,//-C//G//-B//-d//-] [G,3/4G3/4-B3/4-d3/4-] +fff+
    [G,//-G//B//=d//-^d//] [G,/-=d/] G,// [G,/-G/-B/-^d/-b/] [G,/G/-B/-d/-b/] [G,//-G//B//d//b//-] [G,//-b//] [G,/a/] |
    +ff+ [A,A-^c-e-a] +fff+ [A,//-A//c//e//a//] A,//- [A,//-^g//] A,// [A,/-A/-c/-e/-a/-] [A,//-A//-c//-e//-g//a//-] [A,//A//-c//-e//-a//] [A,//-A//c//e//a//-]
    [A,/-a/] A,//- [E,//-A,//E//-^G//-B//-b//] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-b//] [E,//E//-G//-B//-] [E,//-E//G//B//a//] E,//- [E,/-g/-] +f+
    [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//-g//] [E,//-E//-G//-B//-e//] +fff+ [E,/E/-G/-B/-e/-] +f+ [E,//-E//G//B//e//-] [E,//-e//] E,/- |
    +fff+ [E,//^F,//-^F//-^A//-^c//-^f//-] [F,//-F//-A//-c//-f//-] [F,/F/-A/-c/-e/-f/-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//e//f//] F,//- +fff+ [F,/-e/-] +f+ [F,F-A-c-e-f-]
    [F,//-F//A//c//e//f//] F,3/4 +ff+ [F,F-A-c-f-] +f+ [F,//-F//A//c//f//] F,3/4- [F,/-F/-A/-c/-f/-] +fff+ [F,//-F//-A//-c//-e//f//-] [F,//F//-A//-c//-f//-]
    [F,//-F//A//c//e//-f//] [F,/-e/] F,// |
    [B,/-^F/-B/-^d/-^f/-^g/] [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-b/-] +f+ [B,/-F/B/d/f/b/] +fff+ [B,/g/-] +f+ [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//-g//] [B,//-F//-B//-d//-f//] +fff+ [B,/F/-B/-d/-f/-]
    [B,/-F/B/d/e/-f/] [B,/e/-] +ff+ [B,F-B-d-e-f-] +f+ [B,//-F//-B//-d//-e//f//-] [B,//-F//B//d//f//] B,/ [B,F-B-d-f-] [B,/-F/B/d/f/] B,/- |
    +fff+ [B,/^C/-E/-A/-e/-] [C15/2-E15/2A15/2e15/2-] |
    +f+ [^C-E-A^ce-] [C//-E//-e//-] +ff+ [C3/4-E3/4-A3/4-c3/4-e3/4-] [C3/4-E3/4-A3/4-c3/4e3/4-] [C//-E//-A//e//] [C//-E//] +mf+ [C//A//-B//-] [A//B//-] B// A15/4-
    +pp+ [E//A//-] |
    +ff+ [E,//-^G//-A//] +p+ [E,23/4-G23/4-B23/4-] +pp+ [E,2-G2-B2-e2-] |
    [E,4-^G4-B4-e4-] [E,3/4-G3/4B3/4-e3/4] [z//E,//-B//] [zE,-] [z2E,//] |]

Just copy the whole thing over to your ABC converter where it says: ABC code. Then click on "File" "Save As" to the sheet music folder as described in above route.
    user/majoria70 except your name here/appData/roaming/portalarium/shroudoftheavatar/sheetmusic

You can also just copy and paste this code so you have this song from here, the whole thing starting with the top X: 1

4-so then when you go in game you can play this song in two ways: 1-Manually by typing it how you have it saved name for the song in your chat window. For example I have it saved as Outta-my-head-lute. So in the chat window I type /play outta-my-head and majoria starts to play the song on whatever instrument is equipped or if she is sitting at a piano, she will start to play it there. So 2nd way- is open up a blank sheet music which is craftable of course or ask and I have some, well quite a lot actually ;),

So then when you open the sheet music you see 'import text', so click on that, then you see song title and a place to add a song title, and below there should be a list of all the songs you have saved to your sheet music folder.

So next You just click on the song you want to make into sheet music which then highlights it, then just type a title you want to give it and you can then click on publish. So fantastic now you have your first sheet music, which you can keep and drag to your hot bar or give away to others to enjoy who do not have music files.

Ok so this is how I do it and others may have another way, but hopefully it is understandable to you, but please feel free to ask any questions. A couple of things about our music in game is sometimes a song may be slow to start playing so give it a minute and the lute is messing up some songs this release so try another instrument if you have this happen. I have been using a harp mostly especially since I did find "The Harp of Invigoration" that buffs your party, but really some songs sounds so fantastic on the lute verses the harp. Most things to me sound fantastic on the piano. I just love the piano sound. Some songs don't sound as well as they should and I try playing them on my one man band instruments to give them a little bass. But most of all just enjoy how mood elevating music can be for the whole world.

When I am in a party and someone starts playing a tune while we are waiting for someone or for respawn or just because it is truly amazing to what this game has to offer to us.

So join me community in enjoying our music and also to rally for music to get added meaning to it later like playing music to our plants helps them to grow and gives them soothing music buff, npc's tap their toes or comment on the great music showing they notice it and are here in the world with us, music perhaps gets skills like bard skills come in.

Lots of ways music can not only be for our enjoyment but give reasons to play and be meaningful in many ways. And thank you thank you to the person who brought us the opportunity to have music in this game.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

@Alleine Dragonfyre
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?522150-Maestro-MIDI-to-ABC-converter-for-LOTRO
    http://starboundcomposer.com/
    These are the two ABC covnerters i think everyone uses. You can find the Midi's of your favorite songs and drag and drop them here to convert themt o ABC pretty easily!

The starbound composer requires you to buy starbound, but i use it cuz its super easy to use, comes with a piano roll mode for easier editing and has a wider octave range than maestro does.

I just do ABC, never tried mml. ABC seemed like it was easier but i dunno

Historically it has been the lute, piano, standing harp, and 5-piece 1-man band. Lately the lute has been bugged, tho so you'll see me playing the accordion instead. Atm i prefer the piano or standing harp as they are the only two i can get any satisfying bass out of.

I enjoy three songs i made called Outside Out, Mining song, and a 2 part suspense then battle song i made for a PvP event.
    I have hundred of other midi's i downloaded and converted that i didnt create myself, but enjoy extensivly.

WIP! WIP it good!

First you must craft or obtain Blank Sheet Music. Double click it and it will prompt you to upload a file. It will show a list of ABC songs present in your C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Sheet Music directory. Name the sheet music, select the sogn and pick Upload. The file size limit for sheet music is roughly 30k or so i think.

Maybe! Last i tried sync seemed messed up and the lute doesnt work. And broken music stuff makes arkah mad... but heres some videos of some band stuff from the old days.

And heres a more recent one played with the 1 man band fromt he addon store.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Hail and well met!

After many hours of pulling from floppies, researching, finding, and downloading the Ultima game Midi files I did not have a good copy of - I present to you the first library of almost complete Ultima songs in ABC format for Shroud of the Avatar!

http://www.sotamuseum.com/Shroud_of_the_Avatar/Music/

All free for everyone! Enjoy.

10. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Nice collection . There was a few off them i was missing :)

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Thank you everyone!

I think we should ask for music and even dance to become an actual skill that provides buffs. Think of how busy Inns would be across the land if people wanted to come and enjoy the music and become stronger for it!

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The devs said they want this too (in some pretty damn cool ways o.o) but no eta.

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

HAPPY DANCE OF JOY!
    [​IMG]

14. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I like music. Sent you a friend request.

Vyrin, Time Lord, Solazur and 2 others like this.
  15. Alleine Dragonfyre

@majoria70 I just saved the song you gave me to a notepad and then renamed it, replacing the .txt extension to .abc and it worked! That's a great fast way, it seems, to save already encoded .abc!

That means, if anyone wants to share their music, right here, they can! Just open the .ABC format file you want to share, copy/paste the contents and then paste here.

If you want to keep a piece of music, open a blank notepad file and paste it then save the file. Afterwards, go into your file manager and rename the file replacing the .TXT extension to .ABC. Instant new song! :)

I've made a video of the song you gave to me @majoria70 and it's dedicated to you, as promised! <3

EMPstrike, Luca Xante and majoria70 like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh thanks. That was so fantastic. I loved your video Alleine. What a great job you did. I don't mind sharing songs here. If you or anyone else goes to this webiste for example they can click on the songs and then they to get the code;)

http://lotrotunes.clickmadly.com/tunes

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  17. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

Hm the music system... sorry, but let my avatar playing simple music-files do not make me feel... anything.
    It is like firing up a script - in fact it is not more - on a command line. Everyone can do this. No skill needed.
    It is just a waste of time. If i listen to someones music, there has to be emotions - there has to be individuality,
    yes there has to be mistakes and wrong notes and also situations and demonstrations of (great) skill and amusement.
    Seeing an Avatar playing some music while chatting at the same time drops me out of immersion in the blink of an eye.
    There has to be live in it. .abc files are just dead. Clean, cold and worthless. Even CD's are better.
    Especially in a role play surrounding.

Sorry to say so, but the music system will not be of any interest to me as long
    as they do not have a way to bring any kind of direct sound input direct into the game.
    And no - the number system on the keyboard is by far not enough and in fact the wrong way. I tried it.
    And i am not a great musician at all. But after only a few hours i realized that i will never be able
    to express myself with this system. Every little Music-Keyboard for kids allows more variety
    than the number system.

Acoustic or Midi input direct from the real instrument would be the way to go.
    And i do not think this has to be complicate. All the needed tech exists, including the protocol.
    And with todays high speed connections it should be possible even if not perfect.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  18. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Like @scroda had said, does recording your own music and converting it not allow for self expression?

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I have several songs i created myself, and some i didnt create but played on piano myself. I left most mistakes in, sometimes the mistakes created a tension that i want present in some songs.

But several of them were created with feelings i had about what was going on in game (moon worship, mining song, outside out, progress and concern, and optomism)

scroda and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.