1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Partnering with NEVERDIE on their ICO for Etherium Block Chain Tokens

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I wasn't exactly meaning pay-us-to-play, but more like leveraging the uniqueness of digital environments to creatively fund more people who provide enriching services to the gaming community that make the experience better and enjoyable for all. Kind of like how real world cultural facilities like museums and schools and sports arenas usually have some amount of human staff to provide a good experience even though most if not all the tasks involved can be automated adequately enough for cheaper. There's just something inherently valuable about the human experience that makes it worthwhile.

Plus, online employment has grown up a lot in past years and continuing to mature. There's a lot better paying work options out there than grinding game resources for cash, so there's not likely to be too many doing it as a job versus doing it just because they like doing it and the extra money is just bonus.

Correlated to that, more flexible currencies make it easier for online workers employed elsewhere to bring their outside money into here.

Numa, Beli, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 2 others like this.
  2. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

This is very interesting news. I think there is some good that could come from this partnership of NEVERDIE and Portalarium. There is the potential to have SOTA be exposed to a larger player base that might not have ever known SOTA existed. I don't have a problem with NEVERDIE tokens being in SOTA as long as the NEVERDIE tokens are simply loot that has no function in game other than being used as decoration or to be traded with other players. If someone gets a NEVERDIE token as loot and they have no interest in converting it into cryptocurrency that person could trade the token to another player for COTOs, in game gold or sell it on the marketplace. In my opinion, COTOs should remain the premium currency in SOTA.

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

The video touches on this at some point. The advent of industrial grade AI means that many jobs will be automated by robots with an AI brain at the center of the network. Which means that alternative sources of livelihood will have to be found for the many people that will be displaced. This includes the concept of basic living income - a term every Trekkie is familiar with.

Google, Microsoft, IBM and virtually every major player in the information technology market are investing heavily into AI for this reason. It's coming.

Solazur, Time Lord and Krissa Lox like this.
  4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Time Lord

I hope we can see something a little sooner lol.

On the real side...I could do a helluva lot more IN Sota if it was putting $ in ye olde pocket..

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed :D

o_O It's our player base's high age averages which steer our fears of the future, as well as the younger of our player base that haven't the experience of having seen much of technology's real impacts first hand that drives those fears as well. In short, our fears in advancements all spring from the same fountain of that the never seen before springs from.

Without the embrace of such advancements government restrictions are sure to follow which then takes those advancement's advantages out of the hands of the common citizen and into the hands of those who had enough lawyers to have done so. After my own time in working for the Texas state house of representatives, I can tell you that oil rich Texas was never going to become a leader is solar power if it were not for a federal government having forced the issue from above because of the USA's geopolitical situation demanding it to become encouraged.

NEVERDIE is nothing more than an advanced discount coupon and nothing to be ever fearful of at all ;)~TL~
    [​IMG][​IMG] <---<<< China & Barstow Ca. ... and Walmart's very scary coupons >>>---> :eek: [​IMG] :confused:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Numa, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Solazur like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I heard rumours that for some people their job is fun. So what I mean is that playing a fun game and getting paid for it might be nice:)

Barugon, Time Lord and Solazur like this.
  9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

heh, I can't count how many times I've said "If this game gold was real"

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, I went through the process of getting Ethereum up and running, creating an account, buying some Ethereum and transferring it, and finally linking it to Neverdie and purchasing a few NDC and TPT. Thoughts:
    • What a pain in the ass this whole process is.
    • For a virtual currency that is supposed to make everything quick, why the hell does everything take up to 48 hours?
    • Running a local Parity sucks.
    Until everything from the OS layer can all be virtualized on an Azure cloud somewhere, I hope this never touches our game. No one will have a damn clue about what is happening to their money.

Chatele, Kaisa, Numa and 3 others like this.
  11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Hey BJ.... thanks for taking the pioneering leap.

Numa, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

You mean that this actually works :confused:?
    [​IMG]
    I thought it was still under construction :p?'

:rolleyes:"That is one seriously screwed up website then":confused:!'
    The one single most important element in every new endeavor is that it needs to be simplified, easy to understand and easily walk you through it's proses o_O I seriously thought the entire website was still under construction o_O Most people in this world are very simple people. Sure they may have a specialty which they are well versed in, or even an expert in with amazing talents, but after that, people tend to be "one trick ponies". In my day I've seen extremely well educated people do some of the stupidest stuff on earth because they either made things too complicated (which never works except on paper) or who actually thought that everyone on earth should know what the hell they're talking about, because they themselves must have come directly from the mold that God Himself created all others in His likeness from :confused:...

Most people are just simple folk that want to give you money for something they themselves could never have made and fills a direct need to get ahead in life through using o_O...
    Thanks @Browncoat Jayson , I was ready with PayPal in hand but seriously thought the website was still under construction :p I'm not giving NEVERDIE a cent of my money until they simplify the proses, not because I couldn't understand it's website and how to buy into it, but because the rest of the common world won't understand or tolerate all it's complexity either o_O~Time Lord~

Chatele, Solazur and Krissa Lox like this.
  13. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

Off-Topic but not completely unrelated:

On my initial read-through, I didn't realize till the end that you were mistyping 'process' rather than being dramatically literary with your use of 'proses.' Though 'process' makes more sense on the surface, I actually liked the effect of 'proses' even better, thinking it a great catchphrase for exactly such situations as this where things can easily get bogged down in complications to the point of counterproductivity if not careful.

Or maybe I'm just being an eccentric geek to see deep meaning in that.

"Simply the Proses!"

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Dear Mr. @NEVERDIE,

It's been my experience in the world, "that a picture is worth a thousand words", so here's a picture... If you can simplify your buying proses so that these people can easily understand how to buy into it, then your product will have a much better success than it likely will have...
    [​IMG]
    :rolleyes: That's the real gaming world full of common people with few seats left unfilled. When they can easily buy your product, then you can enjoy a much greater success. "See a product, punch the button and buy it". If you can get your buying proses to become more simplified and your website to more simply understood..
    "Proses", it's all inclusive and directly to the point, otherwise, it's two differing things. One is a button to push and the other is explaining the need to push the button as well as how to push the button or easily translate your message to push the button :p
    But BTW :D I also invent my own words and am the greatest example on earth for the need of Spellcheck :confused::p I've also been called out on the usage of that word many times before, because it's not commonly used, yet fills a need to transmit in very easy to understand relationships (relationships meaning to relate and in this case across many older languages which more commonly use prose in their descriptions of things). And I'm most likely using it wrong o_O:confused::D

Mr. @NEVERDIE, the world is more full of common people than it is with geeks, investors or any other more defined group of people. I come from a background of having the task to more simplify some of the world's most complicated weaponry for use by people with barely enough reading and writing skills to understand very simple diagrams. If you can imagine trying to explain the workings of a missile system by way of using a game of "Charades", I've done it o_O I'm a simple dumb-a$$ myself which first lead me into those positions in life.

What @Browncoat Jayson did :oops: "I'm not going to do that until your product assures me that others of my kind can understand how to more simply do that" o_O...
    So please work on it and count me in as soon as I see progress made in that direction :) I'm a simple guy who's been following his Liege Lord British into prosperity all throughout his life, but I am a good example of a simple soldier and always willing to follow smart guys like him, so please, try and always do your best for us :D~Time Lord~

Solazur likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The main purpose of crypto currency is that it's decentralized with no controlling agency. It's not at the whim of any government or bank.

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Maybe. I was able to set up accounts, link them, and transfer funds. However, I'm still waiting for the Neverdie and Teleport coins I purchased to actually appear in my account. It's been about 36 hours now. Plus, I'm not sure what to *do* with them, once I have them.

I just wanted to get them before Aug 1, since they are only $0.25 each (0.10 for Teleport coins) until then. When I bought them yesterday, I didn't have any problems buying a small amount, but today it looks like there is a minimum purchase of ~$17 worth of Ethereum.

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Numa and Time Lord like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OK, o_O I'm following you in @Browncoat Jayson , as soon as you're in, I'm going to try following the same footsteps :D~Time Lord~

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

I understand that it has no controlling agency, however banking is hardly a whim. Its one of the most heavily regulated industries in the world. I'm still not sold on this bitchain thing, with as often as money has been stolen from both Ethereum and BitCoin. Being decentralized comes with the caveat that it is not federally insured, either.

Once I get my coins, I'll post a walkthrough of the process. Hopefully that will help others who might be interested.

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thanks Big Brother :cool: @Browncoat Jayson , "lead us all onward!" :D~Time Lord~

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  20. David Thompson

David Thompson Avatar

Give us some nice easy bundle for gamers that "dont do math so good"...

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.