Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP - Low blade damage / boxing / resistances

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Thief, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thief

Thief Avatar

Dear Devs,

1) It is really frustrating to deal with a mage in pvp who are at least 10 adv level less than me and can deal 200-350 dmg to me and can spam that skill again and again. I am not your daily low level player and yes I HAVE all the related resists either gm or more than gm. Yes I have buffs yes I have dragon food. and yes one of the best crafter in game crafted me a great set.

2) The real problem is I have 116 blade (and all other blade skills ) does 5-25 dmg to a mage who wears cloth armor. I am ashamed to check the dmg logs which are really really low.

3) In both pve and pvp sword hits the air and no dmg is dealt. This happens every time the mob moves or the person moves. And yeah person who is moving gets very very very low damage and not hit that much even it is in front of me. Even liches moving (getting close or getting far) avoid damage.

4) Do you have warriors on dev server testing things for you ?

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I do find it very frustrating to watch a mage skeleton repeatedly dodge my sword when neither of us is moving. Even standing behind them to increase crits, it feels like it takes me much more effort to bring down a mage skeleton as it does to bring down a sword or hammer skeleton.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

There is no balance, you are all Mages / Hybrids because all characters use magic, except for some purists maybe.

So, some players here would say you just do wrong... Use this, use that, forget about what you want to be. Min Max and optimize is the need of the hour.

Become an Avatar, there is no real variance for characters. You need to be a Jack of all Trades.

Especially for PvP

Gix likes this.
  4. Thief

Thief Avatar

tho all magic spells do crit in that case. throw an obsidian bolt do not try to hit it with a sword :).

5. Thief

Thief Avatar

I have nearly all skills gm mate. I started as an archer then become fire mage in the end become dual sword player. You may remember they nerfed the fire long long time ago. At that time I had to gm corpse explosion along with death skills. I do not want to wear light armor and become like everyone else. I want to become an avatar.

ZeCarlos likes this.
  6. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Hi Ferohir,

I know your post was directed at the devs but I hope you don't mind me commenting on it.

I'm doing pvp as a mage and I've ran into quite a few blades users. Using a chain chest (rest cloth) and a shield with 4 defensive buffs rolling i still get hit for more than 5-25 damage. If i let my buffs drop i get hit a lot harder.

I'm using blades in pve and it makes some of the harder bosses in the game almost trivial. I believe blades is in a good spot damage wise right now.

7. Thief

Thief Avatar

Hi belijaal,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I suck at pvp and never have claim to be a great pvper at all.

I was doing some tests yesterday which moving targets rarely registers the damage (getting a bit close and/or moves away ). I am quite aware that dragons and troll rarely dodges or avoids from blade.

I humbly asks devs to check the issues I mentioned.

For range issue - liches @ " the fall" & "dark ravenswood". The liches and skeletons move alot so you can experience the problem.
    For PVP - gmed resistance + high end armor with earth plus earth necklace etc etc. Obsidian arrow shouldnt hit 300ish crit(also sun ray does that). This means spamming it 3 times and almost all warriors are dead for sure. This requires no skill at all.
    Attacking behind - even skeletons dodge and avoid attacks with blade behind or worse the hit never registers. You can check that again at DRW with skeleton archers.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Can you share more data than just saying "I get hit for more than 5-25" ? The OP's saying he/she's getting hit by 200-350dmg by spells and "more than 5-25" is very, very vague.

With what weapon and at what level(s)?

@Chris says that he's testing each weapon/armour combination individually but I really doubt anyone on the dev or QA team is testing out anything that doesn't use a bit of everything... and that includes casters too (although I do believe they have it easier than others. I was a caster before and I had a way easier time before persistence). Either that or none of us are playing the same game.

I have a strong belief that anyone who thinks the current situation is "fine" is either playing a character that practices a mixture of martial combat and a few magic schools, or just aren't aware of the problem(s) they have.

This is how my skill trees are being distributed:
    [​IMG]
    ... having most skills (including magic schools) at their minimum and focusing on key skill trees and I can tell you, it'd be relatively enjoyable to play if it didn't suck so bad!

I get spotted really easily, hit like a wet noodle (even when I backstab... sometimes I crit for zero damage), there's a bug that removes the Dodge and Evasion buffs when you get hit and I can't absorb the damage. If their goal is for people to chug 5-10 potions during each encounters, well... "mission accomplished".

It seems like the level 1-to-60 range for skills isn't doing much, I guess the real game starts at level 80+.... what a miserable leveling experience...

9. Thief

Thief Avatar

Dear Gix,

I will also share my skill tree soon. I am in work atm.
    I tried your build a few days and it wasnt easy at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.