Any suggestions for Smelting Recipe Locations?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Pebbles, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

I accidentally bought a Stone and Wood Fireplace Extension recipe the other day and what I really need is the Angled Stone and Wood Fireplace Chimney recipe. I have been checking various Blacksmith and Carpenter Vendors without any luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I know they've changed what recipes are where for this release so I can only suggest likely locations: There are blacksmith vendors in Etceter (on the beach in a shop), Resolute (in the shop across the road from the crafting pavilion) and Owl's Head (top market in the shop next to Theo's). There are also a couple of vendors with recipes in the houses around the crafting pavilion in Xenos though I don't know if they had smelting recipes. I'll let you know if I come across any chimney recipes tonight, good luck :)

Numa, Time Lord and Pebbles like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It is possible that the recipe has been removed from the vendors and is now only available from drops. (They did that to a bunch of recipes this release.)

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  4. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Yeah, bought the Extension recipe in Owl's Head earlier this week right before the new release but the three crafting vendors on the lower part of Owl's Head must be part of the change.

On the bright side, I have had a wonderful tour of tons of NPC Towns. LOL. I have been in Solania and Adoris so far. Will check out the towns mentioned above and let you know if I have any luck. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Yep, removal of the 3 recipe vendors was part of the change.

They did mention that the bigger cities were meant to have a better selection of recipes than smaller towns.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Thanks. I have also tried Xenos and Etceter. I think I am going to abandon this. Not really fun to spend so many hours on trying to create a single item of realistic deco. Please let me know if anyone figures out where to find Smelting Recipes or if they see someone selling the Angled Stone and Wood Fireplace Chimney. Thanks!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'll make one for components. recipe isn't teachable, though

8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Are you in game right now? I think I can make them.

Alley Oop beat me to it :)

I have Angled Stone Chimney, Flat Stone & Wood Chimney and Stone & Wood Fireplace.

9. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Yes, that would be great. I have been carrying the components around all week, LOL.

Waiting out a thunderstorm but will be back in game a little later. I can offfer some scrolls in exchange for meeting me and making it. I will look for @Alley Oop first and if we don't connect I will try @Wintermute of CoF next. Thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it! :)

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

actually, can you check to see if yours is teachable? i learned mine through trade, so it might be teachable for you if you learned it from the scroll.

Solazur, Time Lord and Pebbles like this.
  11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

No, mine aren't teachable.

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Pebbles, if you haven't been able to make it yet, you might want to find a Home Deco Mercahnt in the Home Deco Shops. I only know of one, in Brittany Wharfs, and he had recipes but not the fireplace.

Time Lord and Pebbles like this.
  13. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Thanks for the tip! Thankfully, I was able to meet up with @Alley Oop last night and stop my endless search. (Yay! and thank you, again!) But I will definitely check out a few Home Deco merchants.

I was so surprised to not see any Smelting recipes during my search, but that makes sense now that you mention it. I felt like I was checking every NPC, but was likely looking in only the wrong places.

Wintermute of CoF and Time Lord like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Alley Oop ... an Awesome Avatar Indeed! ;)~TL~

15. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Port broke things up this release for blacksmithing. So now there are combat merchants, armor merchants, and blacksmiths. They can look similar, the same model is used for many of the combat merchant and armor merchant npcs. Of the three only the blacksmith has smelting recipes, but they aren't home deco. The blacksmith now carries only armor and combat related recipes (ingots included). But they don't have any smelting recipes that are home deco. If you look at the home deco merchant, that's where that sement of the recipes are now regardless of what profession makes the item. I looked at one home deco merachant and there were a bunch of missing recipes. But with regionalization you can't tell if they are on other merchants or part of the new recipe drop mechanism. Hopefully, they did something like:
    • tier 1 recipes: discoverable recipes or the same as reteachable
    • tier 2: teachable recipes that are also found on vendors
    • tier 3: drop only and not teachable (or found on merchant vendors)

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Yeah, that is exactly what I was finding, either armor or weapons but no deco. I don't think I checked any of the home deco merchants on my boondoggle, but it definitely makes sense now that you have mentioned it. I was just so used to the old way that they were grouped and didn't recall ever seeing a smelting sign anywhere, I think I had only found them in places that had a crafting symbol. (And now there are still buildings with the crafting symbol but no merchants or crafting tables inside.)

Time Lord likes this.
  17. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Now the hunt Begins for those recipes and items placed around the world. and it's not even Easter.
    we have been warned this would happen and it adds more depth and immersion to the game.
    I enjoyed my challenge of finding mandrake seeds. I did ask the help of others on discord so use it will help as we have a growing helpful community.

https://discord.gg/wj7SkT

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I got a recipe for hardened leather out of a yellow supply bundle yesterday, the hunt is on! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

That is awesome. What skull level are you finding the drops in?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I was in Elysium.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.