Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please remove right-click glyph removal

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Tahru, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

We use the right mouse button change direction and control the viewport. I am always clicking the right mouse button. And every so often, my mouse pointer is hovering of the glyphs. Click and gone :(

Sir_Michael and liz_the_wiz like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Really? I never end up erasing a glyph by accident. Do you position your bar in the middle of the screen? o0

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you right click unlocked glyphs in your combat bar to dismiss them then it's very easy to accidentally right click a utility bar glyph below it.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  4. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, I use that a lot but don't recall doing on a locked glyph by accident.... I usually do this when I want more unlocked glyphs to come out for burst damage in a battle. Maybe screen resolution?

5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

My mouse is usually around the utility bar to left click Sprint. Right after clicking it, I right click and drag to navigate my run. Hence the glyph next to Sprint is constantly getting removed. Frustrating.

6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

...or, implement a "lock glyph bar" feature, where nothing can be removed (by accident, or intention) unless the glyph bar is "unlocked" :)

ftw

scubaman and Dragonhart like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just happened to me last night. I was in sheathed mode and accidentally right clicked on my light spell AND dragged it up. The combat skills came up and I accidently dropped the light spell on one of my unlocked skill blocks, displacing 5 stacked skills with light spell. Had to go to combat bar editor to get it all straightened out.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I have (never repeatable enough to bug report it) found my mouse pointer moved WHILE it was right clicking and turning, as a result my mouse pointer moves from the middle to random other places and I too have right clicked the wrong crap (such as repeatedly apparently challenging a group member to a duel mid mob battle)

9. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Git gud and stop clicking =P. You can easily macro "complex" things into almost any advertised "gaming mouse" that would allow you to NEVER need to be a shame-the-famiry clicker.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This is probably a much better idea because it prevents any kind of change.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also, how about getting rid of right-click dragging in the chat window? That's something I never would have expected to even be there, the only reason I know about it is from right-clicking to move the camera and ending up with my chat window scrolled to the window. It also can end up stuck in scrolling mode if you drag off of the chat window while the button is still down.

tl;dr: I have to pay attention where I right click when using right-click camera movement. (Fortunately I only use that on the big PC, on laptops I use reticle mode and the tab key with a trackpad.)

Aldo likes this.
  12. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I like the feature and use my right-click to change view all the time. I've never had an issue removing a glyph accidentally. I guess a "lock from removal" feature wouldn't hurt, but I'm not in favor of getting rid of the right-click-remove feature.

CrandalltheFoole and Quenton like this.
  13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I sometimes lose the cursor when in combat. It is on the screen, but I cannot find it while in combat fast enough. I end up pressing the right button to move it from wherever it is so that I can at least pick it up from the movement. Then after I know where it is I let up on the right button, move the cursor to the center of the screen and resume using the right button for camera movement. Trouble is, if when starting all of this my cursor is over the chat window, the combat bar and etc. pressing the right cursor button to move the unseen cursor results in all sorts of problems. Only solution I can see is to be able to program a key that will re-position the cursor to center screen. Lose it? press the key and the cursor re-centers, ready for camera movement use.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Been thinking about this a little more. I think the solution is to have the cursor always centered on the screen. The only time you want it visible is when you right click to move. After moving, the cursor is somewhere right, left or up down from center. Once you have your camera position, we always let up on the right click button. Now if behind the scenes, the cursor re-positions to center screen, viola! next time you press the right button there it is ready for use. No need for toggles, key mapping or anything else. Accidentally dragging UI will be eliminated.

15. Dragonhart

Dragonhart Avatar

they should just put a lock toggle on the combat and utility bar...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.