Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] New friends added in the QA-Server are not added as friends to the Live-Server

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Daenerys Targaryen, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

7/27/2017 11:06 AM
    Title: new friends added in the QA-Server are not added as friends to the Live-Server
    Reproduction Rate: 3/3
    Blocker? Yes
    Details:
    New friends added in the QA-Server are not added as friends to the Live-Server.
    This one will cause personal issues to players especially in QA R45 and Live R45 as many players will mistakenly think that other players unfriended them.
    The environment in the Live Bug Forums will turn into more hostile and toxic as many players mistakenly think that other players unfriended them.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) add a new friend to your friends list in the R44 QA Server
    2) go to check your friends list in R43 Live
    3) go to check your friends list in R44 Live after it is online

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The cross functionality just doesn't exist, so it's not something that broke....but I thank you for your report!
    Since there are other variations, I would hope that players won't think they were unfriended. We'll keep an eye on it.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I think I should expand on this a little bit. We copy info from live to QA, but not the other way around. We just don't want player data from QA to get to live the same way info from lives goes to QA. This allows QA to remain isolated enough so folks can freely test systems they may not want to ever go on live, including friend, guild, and social permissions. Hope this helps :)

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The confusion is probably because when you whisper someone in live, QA will know the last person you whispered in live.

The friend's list is character-specific, but there are other things that are computer or client-specific and do bleed over.

5. Mischievous Dragon

@Lexie
    Well, at least I tried to warn you. :D

I would argue that an average Joe non-Dev+ backer does not know that
    Friends list data of QA Server does not get transfered to Friends list data of Live.

NPE:
    It has happened to me that
    Persons A, B and C added me as friends in a QA Release over 10 Releases ago.
    And I did imagine that they unfriended me
    when I didn't see them in my friends list anymore in the next Live Build.
    So I got shocked and upset.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. Mischievous Dragon

@Lexie
    "As a person doing QA [testing], your job is to be the customer: to play the game as if you’re the customer, not the game designer. In other words, you have to pretend you don’t know how the game is supposed to work" - DarkStarr

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The system is setup 100% correctly as is based on industry standards - the QA builds are more of a "pre-production/sandbox/staging" build where the working data is copied from Production and then can be freely manipulated without worry of affecting Production - ever. It's a great opportunity to try things you may not want to do in Production - such as mess with your virtues, unlearn skills, buy some gear, delete your character, destroy items, etc. The other alternative would be to start with a completely empty set of data on QA, each time a new release occurs. More info here.

8. Mischievous Dragon

The friends list is not character-specific, but account-specific.
    Your friends list does not get wiped upon deleting your character.
    If you delete your character and make a new one, the new name replaces the old one on friends lists.

9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Average Joe probably isn't in this server, but even so everything in QA stays in QA.
    Yes account specific which I used interchangeably with character-specific and should not have. Either way it is still tied to your login.

The current settings that bleed between QA and Live are not account specific but are computer-specific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.