Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

So I talked a friend to joining me back in the game and we wanted to do some adventuring. We decided to take on a siege. Challenging but we each had a great time killing all of the engineers. What's next? A couple of bosses!

So we take the first guy down and for some reason he does no damage. Sure destroys our armor though. Next guy is very challenging and we experience quite a few deaths, but we are assuming high risk equals high reward. Well we did it! Finally got him down by kiting him all over. Our reward?! 17 gold and 6 mandrake....

My friend logged off...

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup. Its why most players just farm mobs slightly to easy for them in mass.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Trying to make the game fun. Any other suggestions? Looking for exp

FrostII likes this.
  4. null2

null2 Avatar

I would suggest bug reporting any bosses that have bad loot tables, like ghost corpion, obsidian trolls and cabalists

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

The way cabalist work is sometime there is 3-4 of them on the scene. Giving em all great loot would just be too much. It might take you sometime to do the siege with your friend but i can clear it solo in less than 5 minute. I can say the loot is pretty good. Not mentionning all the mats you get during the siege doing engineer.

Ghost corpion should have more gems and stuff tough... Hes pretty empty for a solo guy.

Sorthious and Halvard like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. DavidDC

I think what could be good for those that want treasure is that monster drop some account bound item that has special ability. Even if its something really small.. Could be only acquired once by boss the first time then you can continue and hope for luck.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Most of the 5 skull areas will be fun if you go in with a goal of cleaning the whole area out. Deep Ravenswood, Crag foothills, Svaranoc stronghold, Ulfeihm are examples

Edit: Loot is lacking everywhere IMHO

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    FrostII likes this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I disagree. If there are 3-4 or even 10 in one siege and you are able to defeat them all then you deserve the good loot. Having just 20ish gold and a mandrake on a boss is poor design and even insulting. It is like the devs are telling us.

FrostII, Mototopo and Caree Death like this.
  10. DavidDC

There actually alot of place to explore that has new spawns and stuff. Other day i went trough malice shore and explored behind, there is a whole map and i didnt even know. Also there is always the chillblain challenge in braemar that is cool to do. Or even better, try britanny sewer, new mobs has been added i cant even do it myself. There is a kind of challenge down there with puzzle and traps i couldnt get trough it. Can always go on the paths quest and get your new dread artifacts! Not mentionning krul which give good exp, and many many other place ;p

Spinok and Aldo like this.
  11. DavidDC

Maybe you are not just strong enough to kill them correctly and thats why you think you deserve to have a good loot. But try an elven mage in the rise im not sure you will kill it cause its almost harder than a cabalist, but they are common monster, should they drop good loot everytime too? The cabalist drop is great, id say 1/10 chance to drop a cabalist item each time you kill one. Unless you want cabalist stuff to turn common then yeah.. Make it drop more and market will be flooded with them

Dhanas, Spinok and Aldo like this.
  12. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

They are beasts ) Unbelivebly hard to kill even one if you agroed all room.

13. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

A solo Mage in The Rise is a lot easier then a Cabalist. I can solo the mages a lot easier. They have 1k or less hp. The Cabalist have 9k. I am not saying to make the cabalist drop gear everytime, just equal to at least trolls which are easier then both the Mage and cabalist.

14. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

You can kill 20, 30 or even 50 cabalists in a row and not find anything special.
    Same with Dragons and a lot of other bosses.

No idea why Portalarium thinks this is fun....

FrostII and bigta1982 like this.
  15. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

I think the main problem isn't the loot. You never cared too much about the loot in UO. You went out in the world to do something.

The siege should be something you want to do. Fighting is meant to just be a fun thing with loot as a secondary. If it isn't fun, then upping the loot won't fix the problem.

16. Ingot Knucklesmith

Ingot Knucklesmith Avatar

I politely disagree.

Mishras, Apollo32, GrayFog and 2 others like this.
  17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I do the Sieges for the wood and the small chance I get a hood to sell or the crossbow drop. I would do more if the boss loot was just slightly better... some recipes or gems... something.

GrayFog likes this.
  18. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

This is fair, I don't play much due to it not being fun combat, but I can't argue that some people find loot a compelling enough sticking point.

I suppose I was judging it on the idea that everyone needed engaging combat to have fun, when a lot of games are progression based these days and that's just another type of fun. It's just one that doesn't interest me.

Though doesn't that leave sieges as lacking regardless if they usually drop ~17 gold?

19. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I'm not saying I even expect an artifact, but how about more gold and maybe some repair kits or Maybe a recipe.

Hornpipe likes this.
  20. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

17 gold is lame considering you can kill a "boss" in a newbie zone who has just over 100 hp and you can get a couple hundred gold off him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.