Recipes, Rage quit, and Player wipe oh my!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xkhan, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Does anyone know where the iron wall lamp recipe is? I checked the major cities.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Numa, discipleofweb and Tahru like this.
  3. InLight

InLight Avatar

I am in Aerie but cannot find a vendor that has greenhouse recipe - any hints as to which one would have it?

4. InLight

InLight Avatar

found him - he the Deco Vendor in the bank building on the second floor...

Numa likes this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

That is a key thing I read in the release note. All deco recipes are now on deco vendors.

6. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

I remember the good old days when recipes were discover-able.

With all due respect, Brickbat

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

How do you think the outside source happens other than someone finding out IN-GAME where stuff is? Going around to a bunch of cities and checking vendors isn't IN-GAME?

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Imo in a request and dev reaction for better loot, recipes got thrown into the loot table. I don't consider the recipes taken from our venders and recipe books as interesting loot. It is just irritating people. Recipes found should imo be fun, different and surprising, which is not what happened. Loot just looks thrown together with all already created assets. Loot we are getting does not occur thought out to me. I understand the teams busy schedule.

I ask this community for interesting loot ideas to provide as feedback and wishlists for the devs. This is really what I would love to see us do.

9. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

You twisted the context of my post. I stated clearly that there was no way of telling where the recipes were in the game. I stated how I can only take so many load screens before giving up. At no point in my post, ever, did I say anything regarding work done outside the game that you felt the need to insult me for. That is on YOU.

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And how was anything I said an insult? Maybe you should chill out a bit?

11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

You ignored what you were quoting to and were either calling me selfish or uncaring. I honestly can't read what you said any other way.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And you are reading things that I did not write. Seriously, get a grip.

13. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Boy do I feel your pain. I've spent hours, that I could have spend playing....looking for a recipe for a Rock Maple Bowstave. Searched the major towns and carpenter vendors and they seem to have everything BUT what I need. So now I have no idea if that recipe is a drop or if it can be found anywhere. If it's indeed now a drop...then I just spent hours for nothing. Shouldn't there be a list of what things are available and what's a drop now?

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I was thinking more along the lines of how Owl's Head had damn near everything NPC-wise that the high-rollers/early homesteaders needed. I know that some of them hardly ever made it to the mainland. Let's just say that they didn't explore much. I think this was bad for the early economy.

I like New Brittanian Market, but I think that the dynamic is different enough that it isn't detrimental to the economy.

15. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Basic component recipes even for the "rarer" resources like meteoric iron, rock maple, etc should not be loot drops. Those should be findable on vendors. Not all vendors but a few scattered across the map on master crafters, if you want to make them limited. Maybe with a much higher skill level to learn. But never only found thru loot drops. That's just plain idiotic.

Loot drop only recipes should be for ultra rare recipes that take rare components with rare ingredients and makes the item unique or more powerful than the standard crafted, mw, enchanted gear. Add ultra rare ingredient drops to mobs that can be used in these loot drop recipes. ex: loot drop recipe that makes a hilt for sword that adds extra durability to the item (+20) requires the ingredient of a heart of an earth elemental. Thing is the heart of the earth elemental is rather fragile and 95% of the time is destroyed when the elemental is killed and crumbles.

Rare ingredients and rare unique recipes that use those ingredients and only made by high level master crafters to make rare weapons should be loot drops. Not Common components that everyone needs.

majoria70 likes this.
  16. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

What exactly were you writing then? There doesn't seem to be a hidden meaning. You read my statement incorrectly and attacked me based on what you thought you read. You took the offensive in this conversation yet tell me to chill?

If I'd have typed out an essay on the subject it's understandable to miss something on a glance, but the statement you attacked was less than a paragraph and ended on a comedic note. Read before you reply.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Why don't you tell me what I wrote that was offensive. You have repeatedly claimed there was an insult, so please tell me exactly which words of mine were a problem and why it is an insult. Just because I had an opinion that challenged yours is not an insult. The "take a chill" stuff was because you had already gone way overboard, and as it was after you accused me of insulting you, that can't be it.

18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So far it's looking like the recipes that involve special metals or woods (such as meteoric iron, and aside from the creation of ingots or timber), have been removed completely from vendors, and are in loot with such a low drop rate that they might as well not exist at this time.

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's keep the personal arguments in PM please.

Barugon and LoneStranger like this.
  20. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Thinking more on this: while I don't think these components recipes should be taken away from all vendors (keep 'em on a couple master crafters), I wouldn't mind it too much if instead of making them loot drops they were made into crafting quest chain rewards. Maybe something along these lines:

-You make iron and copper equipment until your at a certain blacksmithing level (say 80). You go to a grand master blacksmith NPC and ask about making better armor and weapons using the meteoric iron ingots you've been making for your fellow blacksmiths.

- They give you a task to make X amount of meteoric iron ingots (where X is the amount needed for a sheet of meteoric iron). You return to the GM blacksmith and turn in the ingots for inspection.

- They give them back with a recipe a y-number of use recipe for a sheet of meteoric iron (where y is equal to the number of sheets needed to make a piece of armor). return those sheets to the GM to inspect.

- They return them with a permanent recipe for making meteoric sheets. They could then also give a one use recipe for making the armor piece. You make the armor piece and turn it into the GM blacksmith.

- They inspect it, keep it, and give you the permanent recipes to make pieces of armor using meteoric iron.

- If it needs to be more challenging it could have to be of exceptional quality and if its not you get the armor piece back and another one-use recipe. This happens until you turn one in that's exceptional quality.

- This can then be repeated for all of the special metals, woods, cloths, etc.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.