1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A while back they said there would be. I don't know what their current think is though.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This is..not at all what was asked for.
    Its a wish list and feels like you quickly flipped to wishs on forums and made a bullet list this morning.

Theres no real information in this post. Theres no real plans here.

Why are people happy with this in anyway?
    Seriously. I could have made this post myself.

Thanks for the input that answers no actual concerns on the timeframes or features or overall fckn plan for CORE MECHANICS.

Summary- this does nothing for my concerns or questions and why i was pushing for this list.
    Nice wish list? Most of which was promised since start??

Logain, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Mykll and 11 others like this.
  3. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I don't know why people are getting excited for features that may or may not someday perhaps be considered for implementation.

As @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos pointed out, this list is pretty worthless without some sort of context of timeline and especially relative to all the other things that are supposed to be finished.

This is not a roadmap and doesnt give us any useful information about where we are at for episode 1 and immediately after.

This is just a wishlist with an undefined timeline.

What all is going to be completed for episode 1 launch this year? Is launch still even going to be this year? What does Port consider is needed for the game to be feature complete?

The other list you gave us had things prioritised from 1-3 but didn't have any context of time either. How about giving some information about what exactly the plans are for those promises?

Give us real answers and real information, dont string us along with wishlists of things that might someday happen in some undefined circumstances and timeline.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This is a vague bullet point list.

This took weeks of brainstorming to complete?!
    I put as much information in our wars on Utopia.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Kaisa like this.
  5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Any chance new creatures can include Ettins :D

Chatele, gtesser, Vrunk Hrrk and 3 others like this.
  6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@DarkStarr

Originally if I remember correctly our POTs were considered tax free because of when we bought them. Will the new chance at POTs in the new lands be sold as tax free or will they be taxed as per the original plan?

How about a floating island that is not as high as The Isle of Storms but something big that is made of the floating obsidian shards? PvP of course.

I seem to recall a "machine" that parts can be collected and assembled to give a guild a bonus of some sort. The parts and machine could be stolen. This would be from a PvP guild to be qualified. Would this be included in the update?

I can't wait for this.

Does this include the monster of the lake in Hilt?

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

For the companion mobile app, a way to set timers for crops so you can be sure to maximize watering, would be helpful. Something like what you can find here, but expandable for multiple crops:

https://www.sotalore.com/farming

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, but I'd like to add "Sandbox stuffs!"

• Gustball physics pass
      • Pass to target
      • Change "kick" power based on glyph stacking?
    • Games support:
      • Dice that roll (/roll is great for so many things, but good old 6 sided should be viewable in game
      • Cards that can be dealt
      • A "pot" that players can contribute to, and it announces to party chat, owner can give the pot to a party member with a click
      • etc
    • "Pieces" support, lock them to the table they are on
      • Chess / checkers need it
      • If you make those tiny ship models, suddenly we can make up ship wargames
        • With dice, we're in business!

9. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Crafting has been incomplete since I started playing at persistence. Behold, the "plan" for the actual crafting system:

Boy, I can really tell how much the devs care about crafting! Hundreds of posts on the forums discussing the actual problems with crafting and the dev response is for Chris to acknowledge the dumb RNG people and Starr to post something so basic and meaningless it would have been less insulting if he just left it out entirely. Nothing on producer XP, the insane cost of craftables, all of the problems that come with low durability on craftables, the multiple levels of RNG, the skills that don't do anything, the skills that give no benefit after a certain level, or any comment on any actual problem we've been talking about for the last year. I guess I could interpret "More Skills" as a promise to actually implement refining sometime in the next two years, as if that shouldn't be mandatory to be finished before commercial launch.

@DarkStarr do you really not understand why this is upsetting?

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr, something that's been talked about for a long time that I didn't see in the list is customization of NPC Vendors, unless they were intended to be included under this line item:

Companions / Hirelings / Mercenaries Improvements
    • Customizable Companions / Hirelings: Give them gear to use

Spoon likes this.
  11. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Maybe, and I'm just going out on a limb here, this FUTURE FEATURES list was thrown out here to, perhaps, maybe, just possibly gauge reaction to different things for the next task, possibly, of prioritizing them? And to get new items that they may not have remembered/thought of?

All I'm saying is that it wasn't presented as a guaranteed, schedule list of items. Sorry you expected it as such.

12. Hestia

Hestia Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?members/19071/

Hello DarkStarr,

I would like to request under POTs:

1. Ability to replace lost POT NPCs, buildings, phonograph etc from buying on the online store.

2. Looking at the number of nested POTs on sale, they could do some improvement, maybe allow them to be on overland with new land introduction or have the wagon parked outside on overland map to avoid the double screenload.

3. More NPCs selection for POT owners, butcher, farmer and maybe harbor master when sea travels get introduced.

4. Ability to customized appearance of POT NPCs appearance and outfits. Also for pledge servants.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Well, this prediction certainly didn't take long to be fulfilled.

14. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

@DarkStarr
    I sent this feature to Berek almost a year ago. Was this from back then or the new post I made concerning this feature? I would like to know if you guys keep some of these ideas and consider them long term.It's good to see you guys planning ahead of time much like a standard GDD but I have seen some amazing ideas on these forums from long ago also. Will you guys be going back and adding some of the ones others have suggested in these forums before? Also if this was due to the new post then it is very hopeful that you are responding more to player feedback this quickly.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  15. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Overall a great list.

Not sure if this was mentioned (just read the op and first page of responses) but I didn't see one of the big features (at least to me) talked about a couple years ago: Crafter selling products to vendors that then become loot. To me this was going to be a main part of the crafting economy the game is going for.

Saw the deco using materials for color feature on the list. A must in my book and might get to actually start being the carpenter/furniture maker I've always wanted to be in-game.

Great to see item histories make it. That's another one that was talked about a lot a couple years ago that we haven't heard much on. Makes repairing weapons and armor more of thing and will help drive crafted repair kits and Coto sales. ;)

As someone who is more of a crafter I hope the rework of crafting to add interactive will be sooner rather than later.

Stundorn and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

These are things they plan to impliment. They are real plans.

Some of this stuff i have deffinatly been waiting for for a while. Some of it im surprised by as well O.O

17. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

I like what I see, good job, especially excited to see the boat stuff.

As you all know, kobold boats eezily beat hooman boats.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yes they do. They get ALOT of ideas from the forums.

majoria70 and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  19. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

The point that you and @Rufus D`Asperdi completely miss is that the "2 year plan" WAS supposed to be a scheduled list of items they are working on. It was supposed to be a roadmap and give us information (finally) about what they actually have solidified, what they have decided will be fore sure in episode 1, what might be ep 1. And what will for sure not be in ep 1. It was supposed to outline thier current plans for immediately after release at the end of this year. It was supposed to give an idea of what thier timeline is like and what people can realistically expect them to be working on for the next couple years.

Instead we get a wishlist of features that they may or may not someday consider implementing, with absolutely zero context of timeline info or any hard info whatsoever about where they are at or what we can realistically expect to be feature complete for episode 1.

This gives us no information about how these things line up with the recently re-prioritized pledge rewards and kickstarter promises (which themselves were not contextualized with any sort of timeline either).

Its a completely pointless list and all it does is make it look like port really has no actual business plan for this game. It makes them seem incredibly disorganized and frankly its just downright insulting.

Logain, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Mykll and 10 others like this.
  20. pleasedrivefast

pleasedrivefast Avatar

To the point others have brought up about it's just a list, it would be good to see the feasibility and dependencies. While I understand putting timing to those at this stage might be premature, understanding what is more of a reality based on current tech/dev work versus those that are truly "white boarded idea" would be give some confidence and validity to these ideas.

I am looking forward to learning more about plans for crafting and specific design plans around this.

Moiseyev Trueden and Kaisa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.