Decorative Item Quest Rewards?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Vallin Tregres, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Other than the Shroud, do any of the quests award decorative items or is it all gold/xp?

Edit: For those wishing to see the effects of the Naturamans items in a dark room. Note that you can collect as many of these unique light sources as you wish to fill a room with the effects. Will be updating with location and pictures of other decorative items as I collect them.

Bloodriver Outskirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Solace Bridge Outskirts
    The skull gives off a feint red glow. It also has a bleeding effect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Quest Reward: Head of Alpha Wolf
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the book quest picked up from the virtue students in ardoris

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

In Blood River Outskirts, the Elf Skull, Hand of Naturemans, and Eye of Naturemans are all decorations.

4. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I was told of this but had hoped there were more quests, at least side quests, that reward unique decorative items. Also, is there a way to use the books required as decoration or can they at least be copied? I know the books themselves cannot be placed in a home for some reason.

Are these quest related or just unique items you can pick up there? I haven't been there yet, but thanks for the heads up. As far as unique items that you can pick up go the first thing I think of were "chess pieces" back in UO that could only be obtained for a short time.

5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

They are required to complete the quest, but after it's done you get to keep them and can display them if you so desire.

Olthadir likes this.
  6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

And I so desire. This is the kinda stuff I was hoping to find. :)

Moiseyev Trueden and Tiina Onir like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

There are substages of this quest. Each of the statues are decos (Statue of Courage, Statue of Love, Statue of Truth, Statue of Virtue, and Statue of Chaos). You have to use the Courage, Love and Truth statues to make the Virtue statue, so you can't have all five. The books themselves cannot be used as deco, as they are quest items, but there are lots of copies of each of them available on NPC bookshelves which can be used for deco.

I'm not sure how I got the skull, but the eye drops during the Corruption Junction quest and the hand drops during the next quest. You may be able to get these without being on the quest, but I'm not sure.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

The Trumpalike (I can't remember his name, or probably spell it even if I could) gives it to you.

9. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

"Trumpalike"... ?
    Wow, first time I've heard that. Hear a lot of people hating on him, but not someone admitting they like him.

~Bazing!~ :p

10. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

wat?

There's a character in that questline that's a pretty obvious caricature of Trump. It wouldn't be more obvious if he were wearing a hat that said "make blood river great again."

11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The Elven Wine is also a decorative item obtainable in Bloodriver Outskirts. The wine is a blackish-dark red bottle with the indention of what appears to be either a flower or a fire design with a dark grey cork. The Hand and Eye are also green light sources that produce a green mist.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  12. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

What quest give this?

Thanks!!!!

13. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The Hand and Eye drop off an NPC named Naturamans. I won't go into spoilers here, but this NPC spawns in 'after killing X' and will drop either the Hand or the Eye depending on which of the 2 locations you kill him at. You can repeat this for as many of either as you wish, though it seems the items will NOT drop if you already have the item in your inventory. So kill, bank, repeat. I've yet to see a quest actually involving these items and only 1 other NPC seems to know about Naturamans in the zone, so as far as I can tell their only purpose is for decoration.

(Will message anyone who wishes to know what you have to kill to summon him and other spoiler details. Just message me and I'll shoot you the info and locations.)

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  14. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Edited the first post displaying the Naturamans item effects to those interested.

15. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Going to start work on the book quest. If anybody has pictures of the reward from that quest I'll update the first post with such info if you post it before I finish the quest.

16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they're on sotawiki 1, 2

discipleofweb likes this.
  17. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Just an FYI - The Hand and Eye of Naturamans are merely decoration rewards. They are not needed to complete any quests. Same goes for the elf skull. You need to be on a quest to get the eye, but do not need to be on a quest to get the hand. Anyone is capable of getting these items in Blood River Outskirts.

Wait until you see what you'll get from Highvale Outskirts once that's done. :)

18. Browncoat Jayson

Any chance you guys might revisit Solace Bridge Outskirts and add any decos? A copy of the noble girl's painting, or a cultist's blood magic sigil?

19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah it would be nice to have your own Quest item display, reminds me of the museum where the virtue stones and lenses were kept in Ultima VII.

Witcheypoo and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  20. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Thanks for the confirmation that these items were only for decorative purposes and not quest items. Wasn't expecting to get an official response here and looking forward to whats in store in Highvale. ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.