Arrow making experience from a newbie

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by CodeDaddy, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeDaddy

CodeDaddy Avatar

August, 2017

I started as an archer... way of the bow.

Did the newbie gathering quest after the bridge and got arrowhead and arrow recipes.

This is where it now gets complicated.... let me see if I understand correctly

Arrowheads... Blacksmithing Skill
    Buy arrowhead molds (assuming molds are consumable?)
    Make metal ingots.... Smelting skill... I need to
    ...... buy ingot mold
    ....... buy coal
    ...... mine iron ore

Ok...... now onto the Arrow itself

Arrows.... Carpentry Skills
    Arrowheads
    Bundles of feathers (from killing chickens)
    Wooden boards.... Milling skill... and Forestry skill to chop down a tree.... and i think Capentry.

Out of all this... right now, im actually having the hardest time gettimg wooden boards.

I dont have recipe for wooden boards... and have not found any maple trees or any cuttable trees outside of bridge outskirts.

I did make maple timber... from some maple trees. Perhaps i just need wooden boards recipe to turn that timber into boards.

Do I have all this correct? To make arrows i need, Blacksmithing, Smelting, Milling, Forestry, Carpentry, two molds, and raw resources (iron ore, feathers, wooden boards)?

If anyone has advice... particularly relating to the boards, would love to hear. Im in Novia near Soltown.

Thx!

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Hey CodeDaddy. Your list is quite ok - but at the moment you are way better on the way buying the arrows from the npc. At the current situation your raw materials for the arrows are way more worth then the arrows you can buy at the npc.

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am not sure that a new outlander can survive in areas where one can mine iron. The above post is correct.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. CodeDaddy

CodeDaddy Avatar

K, thx lads.

What npc? (Edited, Found vendor in another town)

Dont see any npc in soltown that sells arrows.

You mean back at the bridge outskirts?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

you can mine iron at some of the newbie areas in hidden vale, @ kings road, South Valeway

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Don't buy arrows from player vendors. They are usually overpriced.

Instead, head to Soltown which is south of Solace bridge.
    Follow the road until you find the center which starts with a Town Crier NPC.
    The third building on your left after the palisade has a merchant NPC inside during daytime.
    He sells arrows dirt cheap. So cheap that you might want to check the weight before you buy too many.
    In Soltown there is also a storage bank and some good starter quests.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yep, then go sell your iron ore and wood on the Ardoris public vendor for 40 gold each, and have enough gold to buy way more arrows than you would make.

Lots of stuff is great to craft yourself, but not arrows. Not unless they change how many you make in a batch, or raise the prices on NPC vendors.

8. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

@CodeDaddy Arrows on an NPC vendor are so cheap you should buy them and sell your resources to buy them. (as others have said).

If you go to Solace Bridge Outskirts, there is iron and trees, gold, animals that are about your skill level. You can harvest all you need there.

Also, there is a Blacksmith in the camp that will sell you arrows and even buy your stuff.
    One thing to consider, selling stuff to NPC vendors is not as profitable as selling on your own vendor if you have one, or you can store for later use crafting.

If you need help just ask someone ingame or in the forum or friend me ingame and I will help as if I can.

Welcome to SOTA.

Apollo31 and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.