Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 45 Post Early Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

R45 QA Build will be going live later today and early testing of R45 will begin!

Here is a VERY early VERY rough draft of the Release 45 Instructions Post. As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R44 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here>. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

Also worth noting that many things I list here are NOT yet working on the QA server since we are more than a week away from going live.

Finally please note that there are some things listed in this early draft that might not make release next week and there are some things not listed here that might get added! Please check back in every few days as I make edits to the post.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A bit of cheeseburger here. One of the "above" clauses should probably go.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@DarkStarr
    (this paragraph needs to be removed):

R44 Lot Deed Raffle Tickets ...

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Since QA has opened up to the public, the dev+ members are familiar with this thread.

since Darkstarr didn't mentioin it, this intent for this thread is for change feedback such as grammar errors, things that don't make sense, areas that are confusing, etc.

Discussion as to whether a change is good or bac, should be changed etc. should go into another thread.

Enjoy you time testing.

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, are pirate town ships an add-on store item? (no mention of that is made in the notes.)

Same for the inns.

Same for fluted details wood collection.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, I'm wondering if the fact that new recipes are being added now and in the futre, and given that recipes can be drops or found on vendors, and that recipes have been regionalized, PHEW, I was wondering if the new clock recipes should have some mention as to whether they are:
    1) vendor or drop
    2) if vendored, the regions they might be found in.

K1000 likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, there is mention of new clothing and swords in the notes. There is a mention that some are loot. Is that drop or bundle loot?

The ones that aren't specified as loot, are they add-on store [urchases or craftable. If craftable, where can the recipes be found?

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Now that there is only one then maybe this section
    • Also, remember that while we are providing new content with each release, our community is working overtime to make new events for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out a couple of the event calendars run by our community members (via in-game book or the player-run website: Avatars Circle). You can also get the latest official events on the Main Website.
    should be changed to reflect this. Suggestion:
    • Also, remember that while we are providing new content with each release, our community is also working overtime to make new events for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out when there are player-run events in one of the calendars (via in-game book or the player-run website: Avatars Circle). You can also get the latest official events on the Main Website.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, for crafting it is mentioned that more recipes and bundles will be dropped. Is that in bundles and/or in normal drops?

And does that mean that more recipes are being removed from vendors?

10. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Under Crafting > Recipes:

- Clocks (6)

Would be nice to list out the 6 new Clock recipes (similar to the list for Fluted Details Wood Furniture Collection)

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Might want to mention which mountains and move the region to the first sentance.

• Middle Downs: Middle Downs is a hilly Tier 1 scene near the mountains with a network of burial mounds and an abandoned village. It is also part of our efforts mentioned above to build out the lower-tier scenes along the paths of Truth and Courage. It is located in the South Paladis Region.
    Maybe:
    • Middle Downs: Middle Downs is a hilly Tier 1 scene in the South Paladis region, near the xxx mountains with a network of burial mounds and an abandoned village. It is also part of our efforts mentioned above to build out the lower-tier scenes along the paths of Truth and Courage.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fluted details wood collection is listed later in the new recipes section

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Siege Encounters and Courage: Now, everyone who receives credit for killing an Obsidian Cabalist will also receive an amount of Courage Virtue.
    Since you/Lum haven't really announced other implementations that give/reduce virtue then I don't know if you want to change that precedent with this.

royalsexy likes this.
  14. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Spells used now have a corresponding phrase that shows up in local chat - this should be added in the R45 post.

e.g.
    Kron Caledon utters the phrase Zeph-Motus.

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

One time Crystal Sword respawn? Since I had no idea and killed like a squirrel with mine?

Pebbles and Dereck Visaard like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can craft the leftover hilt into a decoration.

17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, I was wondering if it needs to be mentioned here that you must answer truthfully to get the XP bonus? (Or is it a bug that you don't get the xp just by talking to the Oracle?)

18. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

• "Sacrifice for Dread Reagents: SPOILERS: Players can now visit the three colossi of virtues" - wouldn't be the three titan colossi more in line with current naming convention? While they are Titans of Virtue, usually the colossi are referenced with the name of the titan.
    • "Perforce Meltdown" - not everybody knows what "Perforce" is. A short description for non IT guys (something like "Perforce - our software for managing code and files") might be helpful
    • "Performance: Significant focus will continue to be made on performance improvements" this is (for me) unclear. The heads are mentioned and "other fixes".
      Still from the headline it is clear if significant performance improvements are to be expected. If not this should be mentioned to not raise false hopes.
    • "Single-Player Offline Combat Balance: We will adjust and balance combat for play in offline mode with companions." Similar to above, the headline reads as if R45 includes SPOffline balances, the sub-bullets say "bosses >2000hp" were adjusted and further adjustments will be made before commercial launch, i.e. from R46 onwards. Adjusting bosses is nice but only a very small impact to SPOffline combat and I believe the main bullet raises false hopes.
    • New Inns: in the description "inn" is not written with capital "I" ("The Elven inn"), as the building is called "Elven Village Inn" a capital "I" should be used.

19. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@DarkStarr, should the sacrifice for dread reagents include whether you get all three in one visit (if you have the artifact on you) or just one; expecially between the collosi versus the oracle. Also do you have to visit both the colossus and the oracle (there word and between the two) or can you visit the oracle or the colossi?

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

These were still called Obsidian Golems last I saw them in game; I don't know if you guys changed that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.