Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

daily log on bonus

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by Jack SinAssist, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Why was this changed to - Visit the oracle to collect the daily log on bonus xp?
    I know there were requests to have the daily timer reset at the same time every day (ala the oracle timer).

Are more oracles going to be turning up in towns?
    Will the oracle head statue help you collect the bonus?

The intent was to reward people for logging in daily to kind of off-set death penalties. Tying it to the oracle de-incentivizes people for collecting the daily bonus xp.

-jack

Mishikal, Aldo, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  2. Nero Draconian

Nero Draconian Avatar

Greetings all and my two cents...

I believe that this change will meet with avoidable uproar from the community. For older players the mark became missed when visiting the oracle for exp took the form of the solution for a reliable daily reset. For newer players simply finding the oracle everyday may prove to be a challenge. If there's more behind your reasoning I would love to hear the explanation or else I humbly request the daily login exp bonus remain as is and the predictable daily reset be implemented. My thanks for your time.

Nero

Mishikal, Aldo, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  3. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Indeed I would like to hear that as well.
    It was my understanding that all the players asked for was the predictable daily reset be implemented.
    NOT tied to the Oracle.

Daily LOGIN BONUS = Bonus for logging in. No more no less.

I couldn't agree more.

Laz

Mishikal, Aldo, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  4. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

+1.

Seems to me like an absolutely pointless nerf to the log in exp bonus system. And the current implemention does not fix the problem that people actually had: Two different definions for once per day. One is reset every day at x o'clock and the other is reset 24 hours after last 'use'.

Mishikal, Elwyn, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree with the sentiment here. As I posted elsewhere, a lot of people were asking for the timer to reset at midnight like the timer for the Oracle test and I think the devs misinterpreted that to mean that people wanted to get the XP bonus when they did the Oracle test.

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Do not like the change either.

Mishikal and Aldo like this.
  7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Also, why does the oracle also award 10k producer XP when there is no decay for crafting skills? This goes against the reasoning of why the login bonus was awarded, which was to counter decay.

Rinaldi and Aldo like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I understand all of your concerns and gripes about it being tied to the Oracle test. This "login" bonus should not require a test or visit to an Oracle.

But, just to play devil's advocate here, I was already visiting the Oracle daily anyway and taking the test for the 500 gold/xp reward. I log out/in in a POT that has an Oracle that is very convenient for me, and not a hassle at all. So for me, having both xp bonuses rewarded when I take the test is great. The other way, I was having to log in multiple times during the day to try to find the "sweet spot" to get credit for the 10k reward.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the way it is changing. But, as I originally said, I understand this is not the best solution for everyone and would like to see the timer just resetting at midnight, as everyone was originally requesting.

Trihugger likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I never visit the Oracle, and am now resigned to not receiving the daily XP reward. I can work around the Oracle as part of the quest line, but having this "Watch Commander" require daily visits is creepy. Lord British (wherever he is) should mount an uprising to slay that thing. I am not going to sacrifice my freedom/liberty for a few coin.

Mishikal and Chrystoph Reis like this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think it's great, it's always nice to give players choice. If you choose not to get it, that's on you. It give you another reason to hate the Oracle if you are one who avoids it. Filthy Oracle'ses.

Barugon likes this.
  11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

You bet. I predict that the real virtue in this game is not bowing to Oracle control. All who bow to it, follow its leadership, accept its praises are but servants to tyranny.

Mishikal and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Last word... To the OP, I am disinsentivized for sure. In fact we can assume the watchers are linked to the Oracle by their little mechanical hips. But what about all of the NPC people? Are they really people? Perhaps they are all automatons, after all they are invulnerable to our attacks. It is time for us, the avatar saviors to rid this land of the Oracle and its dominions. Perhaps the Kobolds and Satyrs can help. Where in the heck does the Oracle get all the gold awards to give out, and by what mechanism does it have control over our Experience pools? Just visit it and get a treat? Careful you all.

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

perhaps its just a weird form of westworld we're in

14. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

The Oracle reminds me of someone. Are we sure The Guardian is dead???
    And to 10k thing annoys me too. It would be especially annoying for a new player in their first week or so in game, spending several days in one of the outskirts doing quests.

Mishikal likes this.
  15. guardianspif

guardianspif Avatar

how can this be a log in bonus if you have to goto the orical and DO a test? and what if i get wrong?

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Speaking of new players, the oracle won't allow you to do the test until you have one (or is it two?) virtues non-zero. If you have a zero virtue, you won't even be asked about it in the test.

Mishikal likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if change stays this is another great step to the end.

really who sat the and decided; "hey lets make them do even more pointless actions to receive something we said we would give them for logging in??????"" Really? How does that pass even the simplest logic test?

18. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This beats the current iteration where I have to log in/zone somewhere at the exact same time every day to get the bonus. Oracle is a global daily reset that I KNOW when it resets and can pick up the experience at my leisure. There are PLENTY of Oracle observatories all over the place. Almost every PoT has one as well.

Granted the *BEST* iteration would have been to tie the experience reset time with the oracle daily reset while keeping the same log-in/zone mechanic to trigger the bonus and skip the oracle entirely, but I'm OK with this added step for overall reliability of getting the experience bonus.

19. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

You can talk to the Oracle and say Truth Courage or Love and she will tell you if you're following the virtues or not. This is how you get the answers to the test if you're not sure.

discipleofweb likes this.
  20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

you can always ask for the test and as long as you arent bad on the virtue the answer is yes (so zero effort = yes)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.