Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

daily log on bonus

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by Jack SinAssist, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The problem is more that some people have very limited time, and may "camp" in a particular scene so they can maximize their time. Forcing them to have to travel places to get the XP boost then reduces the amount of time they have to actually play and enjoy the game.

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Everyone should be able to take the 5 minutes to go to a POT and get their two devotional buffs and while they do it talk with the oracle. The lack of effectiveness by NOT getting the devotional buffs FAR outstrips saving the 5 minutes by not getting them. While there are a few scenes that take some time to get to, odds are good anyone running those high leveled scenes prefers to pick up devotional buffs before even attempting them (also highly likely they don't fall under the limited play time category either).

So to me, nobody is being "forced" to do anything they shouldn't already *want* to try to be doing in the first place.

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

So allowing them to collect the free XP at any time during a 24 hour period ought to be better for them than forcing them to logon exactly 24 hours after they last got the bonus in order to maximize it. If they time it right they can pick up two bonuses in two minutes, just like they can currently do with the daily virtue test.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

5 minutes? wishful thinking... You have to load out of whatever scene you're in, walk to a PoT that has what you're looking for, load in, run around get the buffs, talk to the oracle, then load out, walk back to the scene. You could drop one scene load by starting on the map I suppose. But still, depending on where you're at and what you've got to go through to get to a devotional buff, you may be talking 20 minutes+, especially if you have to go through a gap or a troll etc. And by then your time is up and over.

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Only takes me 20s to load even the largest maps and I do not have the best or latest SSD. This one is actually 5 years old come to think of it, heh. I didn't say you could do this with no pre-planning, but it's quite doable and has easily become routine for me at least at this point. If you know where you're going it's very doable. Naturally you can find all the reasons why it can take longer, but equally so you already started to think of ways you could make it work with logging off somewhere non-boondocks.

For the record, I timed it for shits and giggles, and it took me 2:07 minutes to do the Oracle and get both my devotionals when I logged out in a POT I was familiar with. Recall scrolls are a thing. They're cheap to buy, and even cheaper to make.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Bully for you. That's not how it is for everyone, nor are all scenes people use to XP conveniently located near a PoT that has worthwhile devotionals.

7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I can think of 3 POT's that are basically by everything except Drach and Ardoris (and I likely just don't know the POT's with shrines near Ardoris). Hidden Vale has tons.

Verat Chaos - Brit
    Serenite - Desert area
    Port Phoenix (one of the outshoots to this place) - Aerie + Etceter area

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The oracle actually doesn't ask you about virtues that you have at exactly zero. This is why you have to have some virtue change before the oracle will let you take the test. I have some alts with which I basically do nothing but collect the 500g so that I can buy one of each lot ticket every month, and they are never asked about Courage, which they never changed from zero.

9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Loving the doomsayer attitude :D

Sean Silverfoot and Barugon like this.
  10. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

But "forced" travel (otherwise known as exploring) is what this game is all about... sorry :(

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, I've already seen that trying to eliminate as much of the player base as possible is a goal.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I agree a login bonus should be a login bonus, not a 'go find an oracle someplace and don't answer the question wrong' bonus.
    But if that's not to be, then...How about this?

Add a daily "task" for players to visit the oracle to receive their daily xp.
    It will only appear when you are eligible to do it (kinda like mail only appears when you've got some) and it goes away when you have done it for the day.
    That way new folks will know there's potential xp to be had, and others wont waste their time visiting the oracle when "it isn't time yet" - which seems to be the case for me, since I log on at pretty varied times.

The oracle 'test' was added initially to try and offset row lot rent costs with the 500 daily gold. Which also coincidentally buys you 1 stack of ingot molds. Guess where mine gets spent...
    But at any rate, I'm fine with having to go talk to the oracle for free money. Makes you feel like you did something at least to earn it.
    The XP bonus is a different matter, it is supposed to be a bonus....

Mishikal and discipleofweb like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, giving away bonus experience is "trying to eliminate as much of the player base as possible"?

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Clearly it's a nice to have freebie. Which it no longer is with this change (going against the stated reasons it was introduced in the first place). My point is the change is significantly against the stated purpose, and it was introduced to try and address an issue that was brought up as to why people were quitting the game. So yes, this change then goes back into not addressing the issue, and resuming the loss of the player base. For myself personally, it's not a big deal, I can make 10k xp easily enough on my own. However, I'd prefer to see an expanded player base that persists, rather than have this game end up a dead end.

Weins201 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.