What need to do to unbind account from steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dmitriy Donskoy, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmitriy Donskoy

Dmitriy Donskoy Avatar

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

It is possible?
    What need for this, or maybe exist any instruction?

Bom and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Probably be best to start a new account.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there. Ok now my thoughts on this. On the home page of this website click on account and go to the client tab and download the windows or whichever client you want and then you will have the Sota client on your desktop. Then just log in from there and no steam;)

I only play that way not through steam even though I could. I'm not sure if this is the answer you are looking for or the reason you have for changing, but I hope it helps.

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

To my knowledge it is not possible. Generally, you need to create a new account and pay support to transfer everything associated to the account to the new one. Even then, there will always be an account linked to Steam.

Cordelayne and liz_the_wiz like this.
  5. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Where is the list of prices for "Account Service requests" broken out? I figured it would be out in the open and easily seen by everyone on this page, but nope. Just says they can be applied to requests, but good luck knowing what the costs of the requests are.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=55262

6. Dmitriy Donskoy

Dmitriy Donskoy Avatar

Thanks, its worked good. I can play w/o login from steam, but i want deattach account from steam account, if its possible.

Very interesting. Maybe you know who can help me with this from devs or managers?

Moiseyev Trueden and majoria70 like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

On the home page click on store and go down to game services to purchase a voucher that costs $25. There is some explanation when you click on the voucher. Good luck to you @Jero Nimo.

Moiseyev Trueden and Jero Nimo like this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The game client/steam tab on your account still says the same thing it said when Steam access was introduced, it is permanently tied to you r Steam account and can't be changed. While this might not have been updated, I don't believe any changes were made to this. The bottom line being I don't think there's anyway to break the link between the two.

9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Kick the support team an email and they will explain what can and can't be transferred when doing this option. Usually, you need to buy a basic pledge ($45 if it isn't on sale) to remain linked to Steam and pay for a support token ($25) and then they will swap what is on the Steam linked one over to the new pledge you bought leaving just the basic pledge on the Steam account. They may also be able to explain what your options are as well, based on what you are trying to accomplish. Typically, once you email the support team, expect about two weeks for a response. I've had them respond really quickly (1-3 days), but I've heard others have had to wait for a while.

Spoon likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes and no.

No in that once bound that account cannot be unbound.

But Yes in that you can contact
    support@portalarium.com
    Where they can help you with creating a new account and transfer the claim etc.
    This usually costs the new account price plus a $25 service voucher but differ from case to case depending on difficulty.
    So the only time it makes sense is if you want to sell the account and think you can get more than those fees for it.

Happy hunting

Jero Nimo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The problem with what @Spoon describes above it that in addition to the $25 service voucher (minimum) there will also be a cost associated with purchasing the new account to transfer the old account information to.

12. Crandall

Crandall Avatar

What Liz posted in how I accomplished not using Steam for log it. This also enables you to not have Steam on your computer.
    However as others have said, the Steam connection is permanent, even if you are not using Steam for log in.

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I have never seen a single-part request take more than one 25$ token (except for town moves, and these are specifically labelled as being 50$, which includes unlocking the form). That said, they now have a 30$ Gender Change Token which is new.

Though a that a multi-part request would be likely to cost more than 25$. ie. "Hello Support, I would like to change the in-game name on account Zoney to Cranster, and please move the town to account Spoonster and the account has two bundles I never claimed, please convert the obsidian one back to store credits, it was a mistaken purchase, and move the unclaimed elven bundle to account Nutster" - Thank you!

The above request broken down would be several requests:
    town move - 50$
    name change - 25$
    Bundle to credits - 25$
    Bundle move - 25$

But due to all the requests involving a single source account who knows, they might drop one of the tokens :)

No "luck" is needed to know the cost of a request more complicated than a single-part request because you can always email support@portalarium.com when you're unsure.

My experience with support, steam, etc., is the official position is that once it has been that once linked to steam, it cannot be unlinked. It is best to contact support@portalarium.com with inquiries like this directly though rather than rely on forum anecdotal experience.

Also, if any account has been played in-game and the rewards claimed, whether steam-linked or not, whether you involve support or otherwise, you cannot move that pledge or character to a new account. (At least their default answer when contacting support in my experience).

However you CAN trade almost all the in-game digital rewards to a new account, in-game, via the trade interface (or by placing everything in a chest and having the new owner of those items pick it up) and there is no charge fort this as support is not needed.

Best to Email support@portalarium.com for account-related questions, including this one :)

Moiseyev Trueden and Jero Nimo like this.
  14. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yes always best to contact them to make sure, but, aside from selling different type of "tokens" instead of a straight up fee, when they sell stuff like this on their store, they should have a breakdown of the cost for account services as well. To have it hidden behind contacting support instead of open and honest for all to see, is not the right way to go about it to me. And not being able to use store credit, meaning money we already paid to them, seems off, too.

Aside from being transparent with a list of prices and a blurb that multiple part requests get the multiple charges added up, you reduce the amount of time someone takes in finding out the prices, and support gets less e-mails. Everyone wins. And they can still contact support if they have something very specific and out of the norm.

When they start off with "Account Service requests may require at least one Service Voucher, including, but not limited to, ..." you can't exactly go off of the token face value cost. Who knows, maybe they going the whole hotdog and hotdog bun thing. Sell generic $25 vouchers, and aside from sex change have some things that require $30, so you are forced to buy two, spending $50 for $30 of service. Instead of you know, just flat out paying them $30 and not bothering with tokens and vouchers.

15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

[​IMG]

the notice seems very clear - you cannot undo this

Bom, Lained and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  16. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

But if Portalarium is willing, it would be a very nice service. For example, my steam account is filled with games that my kids play and friends that they've made. I created an account for this character as a "disposable" character. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. It's now tied to the kid's account and could end up being not available - for whatever reason.

17. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

If you contact support and they agree to do this for a service voucher, please let us know. Id prolly be interested invdoing this at some point as well.

18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Even if kids/friends/family/whomever is using your game, there is always the non-Steam way to log in even if it is linked to Steam (as mentioned above by Majoria). Agreed it would be nice. However, I'd be very surprised if they changed this policy.

Bom likes this.
  19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

20. Dmitriy Donskoy

Dmitriy Donskoy Avatar

I spoke with support, they can't help with the character transfer to another account.

Summary: There is no way to detach the character from a steam account.

Bom and K1000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.