Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Just starting the Path of Courage and be sent to the Path of Love by Arabella

Discussion in 'Release 46 QA Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Situation:
    As a new player, leaving Highvale and entering Resolute (without visiting Highvale outskirts!) because to fullfil the first quest to deliver the Amulet of Gawain, what sounds logical at this point.

After meeting Brigid in the Tavern I met Arabella the second time and she gave the quest to
    # Travel to Solace Bridge

At this point it could be a problem: The new player, just started on the path of Courage, could enter Highvale again and entering Solace Bridge through the moon gate in Highvale...

1. May be a good idea, Arabella appears the first time, AFTER a new player did all stuff in an Outskirt OR she first invites to enter Outskirts? After finishing (Highvale) Outskirts she could invite us to meet Edvard in Solace Bridge ...

For a new player it could be confusing to be sent away so close at the beginning ...

2. It would be good to transfer Brigid into the Outskirts OR take a dialouge to Brigid, where she (or Arabella - Point 1) first sends us to visit the Highvale Outskirts ...

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You should not be getting to Resolute until after Highvale Outskirts.

3. Paladin Michael

???
    Well, will there be a mechanism like in Solace Bridge (Boat) --> Solace Bridge Outskirts?

If not: you can't prevent that a new player thinks, he should deliver first the amulet, after leaving Highvale the first time ...
    Why should I enter Highvale Outskirts first, if I have an unsolved quest? ;)

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

also, people who know they have pledge/bundle equipment coming are going to go to resolute to get it when they realize they can't get it in outskirts. (...if i recall correctly. do the outskirts have banks i am forgetting?)

5. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Leaving Battle of Highvale tutorial does take you directly to Highvale Outskirts. If it doesn't, then you're the first I've heard that didn't get dropped into Highvale Outskirts after completing the Highvale tutorial. Is that what happened?

6. Paladin Michael

That's right, Puuk,

I played only in OFFLINE MODE. You can find my Bug reports there, too.

EDIT:
    I did the stuff I described, opened the gate, and used the path forward directly up the hill ...

7. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Looks like it was an actual issue. I just connected Highvale tutorial to Highvale Outskirts through the main exit, so it'll work properly in a near future update - maybe even the next one!

Rentier and Paladin Michael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.