Gems as deco?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jimmy Cliff, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

I would love to build a proper treasure room. I know cotos can be deco, but nothing says lavish wealth like the good old fashion heap of gemstones. Can I please cover the floor with all my diamonds and sapphires and rubies?

2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

+1 diamonds are a girls best friend *wink wink*:oops:

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What they'd need to do is make craftable treasure piles. Otherwise you'll be hitting your item limit pretty quickly. Likewise, we need craftable coin stacks and 'open' treasure containers. (ie open chests and bags of coins & gems) :)

Leelu and PhantasmalX like this.
  4. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

5. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

maybe if you could place stacks of 10 or 50 or 100 and have it count as 1 item? I am a fan of having the actual loot I looted be my treasure.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I heard placeable treasure was already a thing they planned on. It was during a telethon I heard it, I think? I could be mistaken though.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Thought about that and it would be cooler/more preferable.. but.. craftable treasure piles would be a lot easier to build and implement. All they'd need to do is build the 1 crafted item and add a recipe. For what you're talking about they'd have to add new all new tech for changing the physical object based on stack size as well as the object itself for every stack size you want to support and.. hopefully.. tech to support adding and taking from the stack without having to have the whole stack in your inventory. (unlikely since you'd need to account for physical space around the object).

I would love to see that as someone who also wants to build a treasure vault some day.. but the devs would likely opt for the easiest implementation possible given their budget and manpower and that this would no doubt be a very low priority feature.

I think that everything is ultimately meant to be placeable. It's just a matter of time and priorities.

Leelu likes this.
  8. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

Its really not that hard. Have the dev make stacks, carve out some pollys, they can hire me for half a day to do it.

Would be cool too to be able to craft jeweled crowns and necklaces with recipe and whatnot.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.