Spindle Room in Brittany Sewers

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Senjut, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Anyone have any clues how to do the spindle room puzzle in Brittany Sewers to turn off the fire and open the gate?

http://imgur.com/a/CaRip

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  2. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I did some on the weekend; but couldn't get any further. Hint: There are 15 things to interact with. When you do it correctly; the statues will turn towards the fire and they will shut off.

There was another fellow there doing other stuff; but basically that was as far as we managed to perform. (unless they didn't tell me anything. ..)

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Unlocking the spindle, check. What's next? Well, it got late so I'll try again tonight, but no answers yet.

4. Anabolicus

Anabolicus Avatar

tried a hundred different combinations on the buttoms when last spindel is activated, so far no luck with anything

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I think there is still a combo involving all 3 at the end but I'll have to experiment later.

6. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

We tried all 16 combinations of buttons on the last spindle, therefore confirmed that it is not a button combo that makes the unlocked spindle do anything.

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I unlocked the spindle as well. I cannot get any further. Another player in the scene used a spell to teleport to the ledges in the room, so bypassed the puzzle.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  8. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

1. The tilted spindle control the statues, spinning it will cause the peg to move showing which statue can be moved by the middle one.

2. The middle spindle will move the direction of the designated statue, when they face the fire pits, the fire turns off.

3. Once all three standing statues faced the fire pits, the third spindle closest to the fire corridor will unlock,

4. After that, my friend and I spend a long time until we ragequit trying to figure out how to work the unlocked spindle :mad::mad::mad:

Numa likes this.
  9. Anabolicus

Anabolicus Avatar

well i now figured out the broken statue actually also can be turned...at least the platform....but there is a little trick to just skip the riddle to move on if ure char got the right skills trained :)

10. Anabolicus

Anabolicus Avatar

well there are 12 buttoms...try your math and u will see there are many more possible combination than just 16!

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Oh, well. I logged out of the game last night while in that chamber. It logged me in at the entrance of the sewers this morning. I'm out for now.

12. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

refer to the four buttons on the last spindle. 4 x 4 = 16
    edit: technically i believe this is 2^4
    try to read the comment and understand what it says

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Did flames appear in the niches in the walls beside the broken statue when the platform rotated?

14. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

This puzzle is really bugging me. :) So yeah it seems clear that the idea is to turn all the statues toward their fire pit which when done on all four will likely unlock the gate and turn off the fire in the next room. And yeah you can get around it using other skills...but still I feel like somebody spent some time putting this puzzle together so there must be a solution...either that or it's busted.

I tried finding something to put on the platform with the broken statue, couldn't find anything. Tried first not messing with the spindle that locks after you spin it...can't figure it out. @Lexie, any chance you can let us at least know if the puzzle can be solved or if it's broken?

15. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I've gone old school and made a sketch of the room, and added notes. I haven't gotten the broken statue platform to rotate, as was mentioned above. That could be the key.

16. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just checked the spindle puzzle and it's broken at the end. Even if you do everything right...
    ...the fire in the exit hallway won't turn off and the door at the end of that hallway won't open.
    I'm working on correcting it now. For those of you eager to venture into the big fight in the center of the sewers, there's another way...
    Enter Brittany Sewers through Central Brittany or Brittany Alleys, work your way through the halls, complete the "steam pipe" puzzle, and continue on to the center.
    Sorry about the spindle puzzle frustration. It was certainly working until very recently. We did a major upgrade of all switches, and the spindles are certainly switch-based. There must have been something I forgot to quadruple-check in that room before we launched the latest release. I'll have it fixed soon. Again, sorry about the problems.

17. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

The puzzle is fixed in R47QA. Yea!

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I just used blink to bypass it.

19. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

A work around (if you have the skill), but not a fix.
    Learning this skill just for one puzzle is a no for me. I'm happy there is a fix.

Mac2 likes this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Oh yes not saying its a fix, but if its having issues, it is a way to get around it. I JUST finished doing it for my alt to get the banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.