1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R46 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the R46 Postmortem. I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question.

Please note I deleted a bunch of duplicated questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q4 post or with the release of R46.

Jirrc: Hey Chris, a great stat for the Postmortem would be: how many people had decay penalties Under 10K and how many had over 10K? I’m curious how many times people’s death decay couldn’t be covered off by the 10K xp bonus.
    Chris: I don’t have exact numbers logged in such a way I can correlate data for this exact question. What I can confirm is that any player under level 70 would have their daily decay countered by the login bonus.

Jirrc: What is the largest amount of xp loss that that anyone has incurred for a single death?
    Chris: Current record is just a hair over 1 million xps lost on a death. I know that sounds like a lot but the player that lost that much can make that back in 1 to 2 hours of playing.

Discipleofweb: Does training field dressing increase chance to get a carcass – wolf, bear, stag?
    No just increases success chance.

Discipleofweb: In Twins Foothills, I have had an obsidian stag drop a stag carcass instead of obsidian carcass. I think there is an open bug report for that and obsidian wolves, ETA on a fix for these?
    This is not a bug. They sometimes drop regular carcasses.

Paladin Michael: What about the Pick Locks skill? Can we expect an icon for it and … maybe more?
    No ETA on making this skill function.

Amethyst25: I vaguely remember that roses would be used in dye recipes. Is that still the plan? Is there an ETA when that will take effect?
    Yes that is still the plan. No ETA

Bioxide: With 1 mine that everyone feels they have to go to, any chance you can split up silver and gold in elysium mines? Silver and gold in the same mine = OverPowered.
    We have a plan. Stay tuned

Bioxide: I know skill progression involves multiple trees, is there any concern it's too easy to take lots of skills to 80 after only a month or two of play?
    Chris: Not a concern but rather the intended design. We are a classless game but we still want players to be able to play multiple roles if they choose. So the intended design is that we make it easy for players to become pretty good at many things and then we limit their play options by having a finite of easily accessible options they can use in combat. In UO, they limit how many skills you can learn. In games like WOW, they limit skills through strictly defined classes. In SOTA, we let players learn as many skills as they want and then limit them through a finite number of things players can know at any given time. That is why we have a finite number of combat buttons and also why there is a significant cost to swapping bars in combat. This allows us to let players build what ever kind of build they choose but still confine their power.

Fionwyn Wyldemane: Please consider splitting up signs into their own separate types, ie, Flat Wall, Hanging Wall and Floor – for both crafted and Add-on Store. I’d love to craft individual signs or buy bundled Flat Walls signs ONLY.
    We will consider but unlikely

Baron Drocis: Could we please have some rare recipes that can only be obtained for a few months?
    We will consider

Baron Drocis: Could we please get some rare seasonal resource drops?
    We will consider

Yzelph: Have you considered raising the prices of Reagents from NPCs or eliminating them entirely to help Agriculture to be meaningful.
    We will consider but many players rely on the ease of access and current pricing.

Discipleofweb: Are the VIrtue Banners included in the quest items reset – do you have to get them again if you choose to do the story reset?
    Some side quest items, like the Virtue Banners, are not currently included in the story reset.

Echondas: Any thoughts on reworking/re-wording the intro for new players, since the game is supposed to be “classless”? The intro specifically recommends/sorts you into 1 of 3 “classes” based on the truth, love, or courage.
    Good feedback. We will work on some polish here.

Echondas: I also think it’s important, granting the same amount of starting skill points and equipment, equal, which path we decide to start with. I matched this, and there were significant differences. There are Threads existing about. Is this in your plans for polishing in Q4?
    Several design changes were made to the starting packages to make them less overwhelming. A balance pass on them is needed but hasn’t been high priority because the total experience from starting skills is fairly trivial.

Lord Ravnos: When will Central Brittany get some more love? So far the capital of Novia still doesn’t have named NPCs!
    By launch.

Stryker Sparhawk: What is the faction relationship between the walking fungus among us (Psilocyboids) and the Reapers — will they attack each other or be friends?
    All the plants and fungi creatures are on the same side.

Traveller13: Will Pride/Humility determination be reworked in the future to be more than a simple over/under?
    What makes you think this is the case? It may be more complicated than it appears.

Traveller13: Will the lighthouse off the southwest coast of the Hidden Vale ever have its own scene?
    Nasin Volu: Can you turn on the lighthouse on South West of Hidden Vale?
    Perhaps eventually

Brass Knuckles: What's the status of overworld population indicators for underground biome and or sota map support?
    It is in the backlog, just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Twofoldsilence: When will my completed quests in SotA make a difference in the world from an individual Solo Online perspective?
    They make a difference to your personal journey.

Twofoldsilence: When will side quests finally be added to Adventure Maps along the Path of Love/Perennial Coast parts of Novia like they are being added along the paths of truth and courage?
    There are still many more quests there than elsewhere so until there is parity we won’t be going back to add more.

Majoria70: What systems can we expect to see come in place that will connect the world for example in lieu of an in-game achievement systems what would we see come in later and can we hear ideas like perhaps the dev team's thoughts on how fishing and boating might affect our world? What other plans are there for giving us explorations reasons to visit and revisit scenes and is it possible some scenes will get connected to be larger and more explore-able without kicking us out if we explore too far?
    An achievement system might eventually happen along with other items like dynamic quests that appear and task boards. A seamless map is not something that is going to happen.

3devious: When will the audio for female NPCs at siege-types scenes be fixed to not have the moaning?
    Eventually.

Dragaur: The artisan and prosperity Hoe tool increases the success chance yet you can’t fail when it comes to planting. Are there features yet to come or would changing this to something like recover seed chance be better?
    We won’t be changing the recover seed chance. The skills affect radius and time.

Memgaeme: Will there ever be a way to have a group larger than 8?
    No but there will be a way to have multiple groups work together.

Antrax: What do you think about an improved rate of artifacts/Items and materials when PVP Flagged to incentive it?
    Amarth: What do you think about an improved rate of artifacts/Items and materials drops when PVP Flagged to incentive it?
    Chris: While I’m all for incentivizing PVP, this would be a really tricky thing to implement fairly. For instance, how to deal mixed groups? Right now we kind of do this in a smaller way by having unique artifact and item drops in PVP scenes, where we can guarantee that all players are PVP. We will probably continue to expand on that theme rather than try to implement a global incentive through drops.

Warrior B’Patrick: There is a music merchant in game. Could they also sell crafting resources like lower grade strings, pre-made starter instruments, and instructions for creating your own music?
    Perhaps

Rufus D’Asperdi: Can we PLEASE get a Center Tick/Arrow/Mark on the Compass?
    What is this exactly?

Rufus D’Asperdi: When will you be adding Fishing Hot Spots to POTs?
    Only when we get the system inversely scale resources versus population

Spoon: Could we please have the cloned vendor changed to the Automaton gfx, like in Soltown, so that them all looking alike would make more sense?
    Rufus D’Asperdi: Could you take Spoon’s suggestion and turn all Player Vendors into Automatons until we can customize them?
    Unlikely

Rufus D’Asperdi: When will we be able to place the Noble’s Magical Discourse Orb as Deco?
    No ETA

Rufus D’Asperdi: When might we see Mannequins?
    No ETA

Rufus D’Asperdi: Can we please have a toggle on any inventory interface to turn on or off the hover over tool tips, especially the one that compares items to equipped items.
    Sure

Rufus D’Asperdi: Can we have a recipe for Bear Skin Rugs?
    Yes

Rufus D’Asperdi: When will the wind direction change other than during a thunderstorm?
    No ETA

Vallin Tregres: any chance of getting some in-game bobbleheads of the Devs through telethons?
    No

Blaquerogue: I would like to see stat skills raised by crafting and gathering basic ones strength, dex, charisma,int, etc…
    Unlikely, too easily farmed

Blaquerogue:when will we be able to dye leather!!!
    No ETA

Blaquerogue: i would love to see charred areas and instances from where a dragon went off! and possibly that same dragon still hanging out there
    ok

Blaquerogue: can we get a sacrifice altar with a bloodlet that drips to a puddle on the floor? for add on or crafting
    Eventually

Tailz Suvorov: The quest in Highvale Outskirts from Sven to kill the blue beast (ice kobold) I am not able to get from him. ANy fixes coming up for that? ALso., after traveling to all the towns with devotionals in them,and talking to the caretakers, I do not receive the spirituality banner for completion.
    Please submit all bugs to the bug forums

Blaquerogue: any chance we can use or do you have a CC option for the telethon for those who are Deaf & hard of hearing?
    The twitch tools for that are a paid service which we will consider upgrading to for launch.

[F] Rada Torment: Could we expect to see more high-level content for groups this year? some challenging pve not just for a high level solo player, but focused on raids/groups.
    Not this year. We do understand we need this content but our priority has to be improving the new user experience so we can bring in new users.

ChristPallid: Will animal hides ever be different for different mobs?Like why does a bear hide look the same as a corpion
    Eventually

Cryodacry: With the last adjustments to Polearm it has been a step in the right direction. Is there any plans to finish bringing Polearms up to par with the rest of the melee classes.
    Chris: Yes

Cryodacry: The innates for Polearm are extremely lackluster. Are they any plans to make the Innates more exciting and worthwhile.
    Chris: Yes

Cryodacry: The adjustments to Avoidance were a step in the right direction prior to the implementation to the changes on Defensive stance. We are now back to status quo in regards to avoidance. All casters are now using a Chain chest in order to exploit the high avoidance from glancing blows. Melee and Ranged characters are at an Extreme disadvantage to mages again. Is there any plan to limit Avoidance or Change the Sources of Avoidance so it is not such an overwhelming stat for mitigation.
    Chris: I will be adjusting defensive stance and a few other skills a bit more to decrease the potential for extreme damage avoidance. Additionally, while adding some logic for variable critical hit multipliers, I discovered that glancing blows were dealing a little less than half the damage they should have doing. My changes to the defensive skills will be fairly minor this release as I believe the change to the damage from glancing blows is the real issue.

Cryodacry: Currently the Damage reduction system is a joke in game. Is there any plans to change how DR scales in the game? Currently in end game content all characters disregard DR for Avoidance.
    Chris: This is by design but as the previous answer I gave pointed out, there was a bug in the math of glancing blow damage. Glancing blows will be dealing more damage in R47 than in past releases. The real issue is not that Damage Reduction is a joke, but avoidance was over powered. These changes will make LOTS of PVE combat more difficult, which is by design, but also will balance the melee vs magic PVP significantly as well.

Cryodacry: Last telethon there we were told we were getting a new weapon for polearm. We received a new skin for polearms which seemed like a very large misunderstanding. Currently all of the other melee classes have 4 base weapon types and currently polearm only has 2. Is there any plan to add 2 more Base weapon types that can be crafted to the game prior to release.
    No

Cryodacry: Is there anyway that the Obsidian Keep could go under a redesign so that the the building would be more functional with rooms instead of just a maze of ladders and pathways?
    No

Cryodacry: Is there any plan to address buffs again? Making buffs cast as if they were 5 stacks will just save people time as no one really hunts without 4/5 stack buffs. Besides @Sara Dreygon that is.
    Chris: For R47, most buffs will be flagged to not benefit from stacking. *hides behind Starr*

Cryodacry: It has been hinted that you are going to be making NPC's more difficult. Is there any plan to have the tools for managing NPC's upgraded / updated to be more functional. Currently threat in the game is handled by skill activations and hits per a second. This has no bearing on damage or taunt. I fear that upgrading NPC AI prior to giving us functional tools will make group play unfeasible.
    Chris: For R47, the biggest change for making NPC’s more difficult will be a few changes and bug fixes that will decrease player’s defensive abilities. Most of R47 was spent making some long overdue changes to AI to improve load times and enable some new spawning mechanisms. Hopefully more AI work will go in future releases but for this release, creatures will seem tougher because players will take more damage from creatures.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Could we please have spell books that sit in the belt slot and enhance spell casting abilities?
    Not in belt slot

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we please have the castle walls reworked so that ladders are not on the side of the wall but instead are only accessible using the permissions system? Putting the ladders on the inside of the tower pieces would be a great start.
    Not likely

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will we ever have a way to repair items made on the alchemy table? Currently the Astrolabe can not be repaired.
    Please report in bug forums.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Could we get a ritual magic "crafting station" that could open up a new tree of advanced crafting? (Something like a stone table of sacrifice or a shrine)
    Perhaps eventually

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Now that we have flame armor can we get robes that we can enchant and masterwork?
    Perhaps eventually

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can staves and wands finally get balanced?
    Not for R47 but yes, soon…

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we get bear traps (and other traps) that can be placed on our property?
    Yes eventually

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can we get an Ice Staff?
    If you mean a visual then sure.

Amarth: Starting up and logging into SotA currently takes actually quite many clicks. How about an option where you could instantly log into the game without having to click through all the menus up front?
    For launch perhaps but for now we want people to agree to the “construction zone”, etc.

Amarth: When I interact with NPCs (e.g. NPC vendor), it is somewhat cumbersome to get out from the dialog. You can type to the NPC's chatbox and 'deactivate' typing by pressing <Enter>. How about enabling movement 'away' from the NPC (and the dialog) by just simply pressing e.g. W/A/S/D for movement--- currently I'm forced to <ESC> out from the chat view. This would make the game much smoother to play.
    We will consider

Jack Sinassist: would @atos be up to giving a combat tutorial during a stream? This would be a combat primer for all of the new players.
    Chris: I just hired Kor so he can do this for me!! I do hope to put out some updated videos before launch aimed at helping new players but first I need to focus on making it better.

Hemswal: Can we please make fishing a little more interesting before release?
    We will do what we can but it is not at the top of our priorities honestly.

Hemswal: Can we make trees more worthwhile to chop down? If you want wood, you go to a siege, not on a search for trees to chop.
    We are going to do a slight and careful increase in all resources.

Hemswal: know this is beating a dead horse, but why can't we have runebooks with recall and gate spells since we essentially already have a rune book via friends list? Not everyone wants a huge friends list, especially if the majority of the people on there aren't really your friends.
    Perhaps long term we will consider

Hemswal: When will we be able to combine 2 locked glyphs in order to obtain a combo?
    We have discussed but not started implementing a system to allow this where you have to generating heat on one rune and then can combo it with another glyph. There are some large holes in the design right now though so we haven’t even attempted to prototype it. I do hope to get this working eventually but I don’t have a projected release for it.

Hemswal: When will sieges assault the actual town and not just provide an extra instance for us to zone through? We want mobs attacking us in our houses.
    Not going to happen anytime soon

Hemswal: Can we have a violin, viola, upright bass, and other stringed instruments?
    Yes

Graham: Will we get some new heavy armor patterns before launch?
    Cordelayne: Will more plate armor styles be introduced into the game?
    Yes

Graham: Will the cover system get another pass so I am not hit by spells/projectiles through 5 foot thick stone walls and 10 foot diameter trees?
    Chris: If this is happening then it is a bug or possibly caused by lag. Please report if you find reproducible instances of this happening.

Graham: Should the console commands like /time be case insensitive? /TIME does not work.
    Please submit all bugs to the bug forums

Graham: Will there be more "Make a Difference" items added? For example: Flame Plate with pink highlights for breast cancer awareness or Ice Plate for Water.org
    Stay tuned.

Graham: Can we get helms (patterns) that appear as large mustaches or helms with mustaches, possibly for Movember?
    Helms with facial hair is actually historically accurate so cool idea.

Boris Mondragon: Will they award title of Captain to those that have town or city water lots with ships placed?
    No but there will be other game awarded titled to be determined.

Nemesis2(Nemesis): would you consider a dilapidated /broken furniture set to go with the gothic houses
    Yes

Nemesis2(Nemesis): any plans to shorten the routes for the quest lines, instead of making you go a mile out of your way in PVE, where as the pvp players get a super short cut
    No

Nemesis2(Nemesis): When will you SPECIFY the definition of Botting, and address the issue of MACRO capable keyboards and mice, as well as SPECIFYING the definition of Exploits?
    We have to keep the definition open to remain flexible as cheater change their techniques.

Nemesis2(Nemesis): can the artifacts name get a different color such as orange so we don't accidentally sell them when at a vendor
    Yes

Diego.DG: Discussing additional capability bars, how about adding and Emote Bar?
    Yes

Diego.DG: Could we friend our own vendor? He is and indentured servant. Then we could bind to one other important location.
    Unlikely

Diego.DG: are there any plans to update the add on store to store items in an actual cart so you can buy from multiple tabs without multiple purchases, and adjust quantities without starting over?
    Yes eventually

Diego.DG: When will the add on store be updated to indicate each piece of wearable that is dyeable. I'm reluctant to purchase things and be stuck with only the stock color.
    Hmm. Everything should be updated to indicate that. We will test.

Albus: Walls still are being culled well before houses, I don't see my walls until my nose practically hits them, is this a known issue that will be fixed?
    This was fixed (or so we thought) back in R45. Please report any specific walls or fences that you observe not behaving properly in the bug forums.

Black Lodge: Is faction PvP an viable option for the future ?
    Yes perhaps

Merrik Dragon: can we get a hot potato emote?
    What would that look like?

Merrik Dragon: can we get a filter/search editbox in the social GUI?
    Yes

Lord Andernut: Can we have POTs be somewhat identifiable in the API? Many of us would like to see some kind of statistics about their Town such as Heat Maps!
    Umuri: Are there plans to add the POT Identifier to the POT map names so that we can pull API stats for specific towns as was originally promoted ("Seeing heatmaps of your town")?
    Yes eventually

Phule Anachron: Agriculture 'costs' xp to raise levels, but 'earns' no xp when not training. Why?
    This is a bug that has been fixed. As mentioned several times please report any bugs in the bug forums.

Kriis: I note that all (?) NPCs and avatars in game are right handed. In the interests of immersion, are there any plans to introduce left-handedness? If so will left handed Tailoring Scissors be available?
    Unlikely to happen anytime soon as it would double the size of the animation file and animations represent a large amount of the data that has to stay in memory at all times.

Mirellani Brave: any news on horses or other future mounts?
    As mentioned previously this is something we are targeting for Episode 2.

Scar face (skeggy media): Q any news on dying metal items
    No ETA

Durriken: can they explain how to be a trusted trader?
    1. Completely spotless record of interactions with us
    2. Record of completed transactions with players with good results
    3. Facility to process transactions independently (your own ecommerce website for example)
    4. Contractual guarantee to move a minimum of $5000 of inventory per quarter
    Durriken: can we get Tonto blades and kukuri for dagger skins?
    Yes

Griffler: Why do the road paver sets that cost 100 bucks only cover up a very very very small fraction of the pots?
    One set is not meant to cover an entire POT

Browncoat Jayson: Can we get a version of the Headless Mask that turns us into blemmyes? This could easily be used to create a new monster...
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PcbMwFSK8gk/Uu1EEslqblI/AAAAAAAABZY/waXOtqvJx7Y/s1600/Blemmyes+9.jpg
    Cool idea

Browncoat Jayson: can we have storefront row homes?
    Yes eventually

Browncoat Jayson: Cellar basement to put under our haunted in?
    What would this look like versus our current basements?

Browncoat Jayson: Could we get a Clock Tower home (row)? What about a talking sword that acts like the Bertha
    We already have a Clock Tower in the backlog. Interesting idea about the sword but having a weapon that’s an NPC would be new tech so not likely to happen soon but cool suggestion!

Nasin Volu: put tree on a table set and offer
    No idea what this means. We have tabletop trees.

Brian Skelton: Why no new Grim Reaper Mask this year?
    Because we did not make a Grim Reaper statue this year and instead made a Headless Horseman.

Istyrl Miroa: any hopes to get mage robes , we only have the cabalist robes for now, which is not very fair for mage characters (the elven robe in the store is definitely not a robe)
    Yes

Istyrl Miroa: any estimated time for showing template for the addon store armors?
    What does “template” mean?

Istyrl Miroa:could we imagine that if we don't stop sieges, they could invade POT towns?
    Not anytime soon.

Ancev: So... superstition canyon control point is one of the more frustrating places in the game for me at the moment. The mages can teleport you from inside of the control point when you're standing outside of the gates.. and also in one situation teleported me from the ankh in the beginning of the zone back to the control point and killed me again. frustrating. The combination of confusion and teleport other can be pretty frustrating and it doesn't seem like those spells are being affected by the crowd control resist?
    Please report the crowd control resist as a bug in the bug forums

Ancev: Can we get a more noticeable indicator for when auto attack is on and off?
    Yes

Ancev: any thoughts on the oracle having the ability to teleport players to where they need to be in the main quest lines? maybe once a week?
    Unlikely

Ancev: Could we get a vault themed basement? the vaults look awesome (not sure if you saw that one)
    Interesting idea

Ancev: In Elysium Mines, I noticed some lamps are on and some are off...? Is there a lamp puzzle(?) or are they just lamps?
    Just lamps

Valkaryie: is there a greenhouse inn version in the makes for a public farm at the top?
    Not in the works but interesting suggestion

Bobhbh Dearg [SecrOfPublicWorks]: Uilleann pipes, please!!!! That actually SOUND like UIleann pipes (different from highland pipes!)
    Sure

Kelly O’Shay: Can we add a key-binding item for "equip-weapon" and "sheath weapon" for those players who hate the fact that it is currently a toggle? Sometimes it comes un-sheathed when I am attacked but I am pressing the toggle, so it goes on and off and I end up with weapon sheathed.
    So the request is for separate key bindings versus a single key binding? We can consider

BrazenSpirituality: Can we get our recipe book, and journals to have a sort toggle by difficulty or alphabetical or most recently added first, PLEASE???
    Yes

Jyskall: Could we use Potions to reduce the resource costs of the next better ones. (like metal scrap)? Would make it worth for players to trade them.
    Hmm. Not sure I completely understand the question.

Jyskall: Can we get the friends list to include guild tag as a visible and sortable field? (If a player has their guild tag hidden on their avatar then it would also be hidden on friends list)
    Sure

Ajumma: Could the vendors be given an option for us to have vendor wide discounts?
    Yes

Ajumma: Will there be a Water based bundle soon? I really want to get a water based one
    Next targeted bundle might be Pirate theme which is kind of water based

Lockey Abernathy: Would it be possible in the future for there to be a Butt Surfing Emote
    Highly unlikely

Lockey Abernathy: Will we ever see Tar pits?
    Perhaps

Lockey Abernathy: I wonder if we'll ever see Giant Rat Monsters?
    Maybe

Umuri: Is there any plans to ever cache decorations loaded in towns/POTS client-side, so that we do not waste that bandwidth every single load on houses that mostly don't change?
    Chris: Definitely possible but by no means low hanging fruit. While this is a good idea and definitely in the long vision, there are other, easier, more beneficial fixes that need to happen first.

Veradey: Is there any positive word on the ATI to SOTA relationship that causes ATI users to crash on a frequent basis?
    It is NOT “the ATI to SOTA” relationship. This is purely a “Unity to ATI” issue. There is literally nothing we can do other than continue to attempt to escalate this to Unity.
    Chris: And in the meantime zero progress on this. I suspect this is probably an issue where Unity points at AMD(ATI) drivers and AMD points at Unity. I’m hoping this improves when we make the full switch to the next major version of Unity. We built the latest QA version on the new version of Unity but we’ll likely be using the previous version to build the live server. Go try QA now though so we can collect stats on stability under it.

Echondas: now that town entrances have a selectable entrance from the world map - will nested POTs within a town be added to the entrance list?
    Good idea.

Bella Bones: May we please have bathroom decorations? For instance a rustic bath tub or ornate bath tub. Maybe a fancy bucket for the toilet
    Good idea

Tiina Onir: Some abilities seem to be completely superseded by later abilities: Animal Charm / Moonbeams, the stealth abilities in both subterfuge and moon trees. will this be improved
    Chris: I continue to polish all of these each release. Stealth skills already have a plan for fixing them. I will add animal charm to my list.

Tiina Onir: Can we get that tent as a house (gotta format it right) [from Blackblade Foothills]
    Eventually

Tiina Onir: can we get non-xp quest resets, so we can test some of the quests that we've already done once they are more polished.
    Unlikely

Thatwhichlurks: Will there be nonbacker titles added to the game based on your current level of virtue (or lack there of) and what quests you've completed?
    Yes but probably not based on virtue

Tiina Onir: Will summons ever get alternate attacks like their hostile counterparts?
    Chris: I sure hope so! We just haven’t made time to get around to them but I hope we can make pet attacks more interesting.

Tiina Onir: When will the Summoned Chaos Daemon be strong enough to warrant using Control Daemon on it, instead of summoning another combat pet?
    Chris: Chaos magic actually got some love this release… but it will not go to live for a while. The summon Daemon spell will soon do what it was designed to do, summon a hostile daemon that wants to kill you. You will then have to cast the Subdue Daemon spell to turn him into a pet for a while. Once we move to that system, the daemon pet will get a lot tougher.

Tiina Onir: Will the Death Tree be rebalanced?
    Chris: Balanced up or down? Death is powerful but in limited situations. The only big hate I hear on it lately is that it is useless against undead.

Tiina Onir: Could the Summoned Phoenix deal sun damage instead of fire damage, and have its fireball attack changed to a more Sunbeam like attack?
    Chris: Absolutely.

Jonah Hayes: We now have craftable numbers, for obvious housenumbering reasons. Will we also be getting letters, in various sizes, so we can name our homes? (And other great uses :))
    Yes

Dragonbooster: Is there a plan to make all enemies harder ? - It`s too easy
    Not all enemies but certainly higher level enemies

Chakra74: Are you going to fix the persistent graphics in Elysiums Illumination? Currently I have to run night vision to use this spell or I can't see most of the time.
    Yes

Humbert Humbert: what percentage of players are through steam?
    Approximately 35% play through steam currently. Note that this does NOT represent how many people bought through steam (we know the number is lower) since we provide the ability to link your game account to your steam account to play the game.

That_shawn_guy: When can we get lot sized green houses? village, town, city, and keep sized please
    Unlikely to ever happen. The reason we made them for row lots was to offset the fact that you cannot have an empty row lot.

Brogan Murphy: If the quest reset doesn't make it out in the next release, could we at least have Edvard (in Solace Bridge) be able to teach me his emote after having finished the Love questline?
    Moot! Quest reset is in!

Drake Aedus: will POT owners have the opportunity to purchase higher Town deco limits without having to do an entire upgrade? (just like more bank space!)
    No

Obsidian Tempest: any chance we can get an increase in the number of outside light source?
    Yes once we make more performance optimizations

Tazar: Any chance of a Shogun style Stable? Elven? Viking? Etc.?
    Perhaps

Lained: Can we get recipes to craft the various crates & baskets holding fruit & veg i.e. those found at merchant stalls?
    Not holding fruit but empty ones sure

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Then how could I ever use it while wielding a staff?

Please consider this when balancing... :)

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris
    I hope that short buffs (like Dodge, Flurry, etc) will still stack.

4. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I think he means the buffs won't charge to 5 glyphs so they'll have a flat bonus based on your skill?

it will be like casting the buff from the non-combat bar vs making a combat deck of buffs in order to charge them to 5 to get a bigger bonus?

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Mmmm... Dirtywords.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol I say yes to this. What difference does it make at this point? If we have reasons implemented in this game to walk the map then we walk the map in this broken up world, otherwise people want freedom to play their way. Cool Rune Books would be awesome imo.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

For example:

[​IMG]

Just something marking the center point of the compass.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Because, just as in UO, the World ceases to be a World, and becomes instead a disjoint collection of points of interest determined by your collection of runes... What lies between the runes ceases to matter... People even forget HOW to Get to Places if they Don't. Have. A. Rune.

No, not again.

This is one of the few subjects I will fight tooth and nail.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I understand you feel strongly about it and I do not, although I don't agree to being adamant about it, you feel how you feel. Some other things I do for sure though and I will fight for them as I will not for this. I leave that to you and to whoever ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thank you for considering even if it is *unlikely*. I'd love to buy flat signs *only* from the add on store. I'm sure Innkeepers would too - they make very nice room markers.

12. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Replace "rune" with friend on the friends list and you have the exact same thing happening right now, so what difference would it make?

Acaelus Fireharp likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Regarding this Q&A:

Majoria70: What systems can we expect to see come in place that will connect the world for example in lieu of an in-game achievement systems what would we see come in later and can we hear ideas like perhaps the dev team's thoughts on how fishing and boating might affect our world? What other plans are there for giving us explorations reasons to visit and revisit scenes and is it possible some scenes will get connected to be larger and more explore-able without kicking us out if we explore too far?
    Per Darkstarr: An achievement system might eventually happen along with other items like dynamic quests that appear and task boards. A seamless map is not something that is going to happen.

Overall User Experience, not just new user experience please:

No I wasn't asking about connecting scenes. What will make the scenes feel apart of the world as a whole?

Thoughts:

When we are running around the map hesitant to go into a scene due to load times which are being worked on I know or perhaps we might think it may be a waste of our time not knowing what is in the scene. My thought is that scenes and the map could give a better feeling if we had an idea of what they were, a little lore about resources or adventuring in them with a mouse-over or a monster icon, or resource icon.

Perhaps a mouse-over lore box pops-up and tells a little bit about the area. ;) Perhaps it says there is fishing and that it is a chilly area so bring your warm clothes and beware of dangers inside and that this is a 5 skull area, perhaps it could even says this area is very dangerous for you.

-I am talking about bringing the scenes alive a little before we even enter them and that the journey on the map tells a bit of a story of the land and how all the pieces contribute.

-I am only talking off the top of my head, but there is something missing on our over-world map that does not draws us into the world or give it a meshed whole world feeling. It does not necessarily make us want to re-visit scenes other than grind in them or pick up resources. In my experience There is an emptiness.

My question is 'What is missing the presence of which would make a difference on the over-world map'.

-We have it so lets take advantage of opportunities to give us more feeling to make this world speak to us and feel like a whole world not divided scenes that are placed here and there. What will make them invite us in?

So I am a picture person and hopefully I can find some pictures as examples.
    To note though they may not be exactly what our game needs but just examples to have us think. Thank you. Please I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Also none of the pictures show what we need but I show them as just examples to get ideas from. ;)

-Perhaps we point at a scene and we see a gold symbol for grinding gold, a boss symbol for danger lurks inside, a fishing symbol for fishing or types of fish, an npc symbol for npc's to talk to, etc. Not cartooney but legends of some resources and a little lore of the scene that makes the world feel like it involves us and beckons us and is part of the whole world.

So fyi Disregard the pop-ups which don't apply to our game but imagine what could be that fits our game. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    edited
    edited again to try to make more sense

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Spoon likes this.
  14. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hey @DarkStarr. I know you touched on my question but I feel like you might have not seen the full explanation? I asked if Music and Dance could be a leveled skill that provided buffs. Synced music already exists in the game, couldn't dance as well? Could buffing be tied to those viewing/listening by activating a "watch" mechanism?

The full explanation is in my signature regarding my "Number One" wish list item. There are videos demonstrating what I mean from Star Wars Galaxies. I do hope you take a closer look and consider. It would really be amazing for RP and getting POTs and even NPC towns hopping with activity and socialization! Thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions!

15. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

i changed my mind lol. where is the delete button? i could have sworn i've seen it!!

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yeah I can understand that. I remember when people got spoiled with Plane Of Tranquility, Druid and Wizard ports, people forgot how to run around EverQuest as well.

17. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Argument is invalid, people already port around using huge friend lists. I welcome rune books :)

18. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I too welcome runebooks.

3devious, majoria70, Peabo and 3 others like this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I three welcome runebooks!

majoria70, Peabo and Mykll like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No... While I also despise the Teleport scrolls, there is a major qualitative difference between searching for a friend who happens to be online, and near where it is you wish to go, and having a near infinite number of immutable destinations to which you can port at a moment's notice.

I will fight against the implementation of Rune Books in Shroud of the Avatar with every asset I have available. It might even be a deal breaker for me... Not as assuredly as non-consensual PvP, but if I had to choose a #2, that would likely be it.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.