Lets Talk Summoned Pets! They could be better.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All the summoned creatures are pretty standard when it comes to damage etc.. personally its not even worth spending all the skill points on them, why you may ask well here goes.........

It sucks your mana, and if your any kind of magic user you might as well lock all skills and focus on casting only and intelligence, to build that mana up.

They need more abilities and need to be a bit tougher or helpful, so lets discuss what these summoned beings need, and what they lack, on the battlefield!

I would start with less mana drain, the healing skills should heal along with skill level.
    Damage also the same.

they should work off of what your skill level is in a certain skill ,example Water elemental your water skill level.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Before and After obtaining my first summoned pet, the Stone Golem, was a bit like night and day with DPS.

I was killing mobs at a noticeably swifter rate. The focus penalty is not an issue.

Since obtaining the Phoenix... I'm finding it to be superior to the Stone Golem. Ranged, DOT is so much nicer.

What healing skills are you talking about?

blaquerogue and Olthadir like this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Get 5k GMS and there are no issues.

4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

GMS?

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

100+ skill in all your skills. 5k is an exaggeration but im sure someone out there prob has close to 100+ skills at GM or higher

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

@Mac2 is really close to having Everything GM'd

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Summons are weak and a massive work in progress.

There are many threads already talking about this.

Pick a School of magic oyu want work to the Summons, then make sure oytu have a lot of other skills higher up in the tree and just hope they get tweaked in the future.

The need ALOT of work.

I would just get the skill for summons up to 80 as higher than that uses % exp to gain and could be costly for not much value

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Fwiw, summons did get a little better with the ability to stack locked glyphs added. Not that they're particularly good, but it's much easier to run with a small focus pool now.

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Phoenix 5 stacked at gm - 479 hp, phoenix 1 stack at gm - 479 hp. Earth ele 5 stacked at gm - 545 hp, earth ele 1 stacked at gm - 545 hp. Water ele 5 stacked at gm - 479 hp, water ele 1 stacked at gm - 479 hp. Ice ele 5 stacked at gm - 545 hp, ice ele 1 stacked at gm - 545 hp. Wisp 5 stacked at gm - 479 hp, wisp 1 1 stacked at gm - 479 hp. Air ele 5 stacked at gm - 735 hp, air ele 1 stacked at gm - 735 hp. Fire ele 5 stacked at gm - 479 hp, fire ele 1 stacked at gm - 479 hp. Lich 5 stacked at gm with gm summon passives - 608 hp, lich 1 stacked at gm with gm summon passives - 608 hp. Skeleton 5 stacked at gm with gm summon passives - 923, skeleton 1 stacked at gm with gm summon passives - 923 hp.

The problem with have pets being powerful is people going afk and just having the pets kills stuff for them.

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The water ele heals, so higher water spell skill, but i think if your healing is high so should be your summoned pet healing skill while healing you, and damage etc....

Nelzie likes this.
  11. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Really? That's sweet! I'm working my way up that chain for the water elemental next. I wanted Phoenix first, but that ended up coming after Earth.

12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

It does not heal often, and the heal is weak.

Nelzie likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Nelzie the Wisp will find ressources when send on patrol ;)
    It's cool to find Garlic and such.
    The Mesmerizing it does to enemie's i found usefull as well.
    The Iceelemental schould slow Mobs.
    The Air Ele schould also Stun as the Earth Ele... Etc...

Nelzie likes this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Awesome! Well, I look forward to investigating more summoned mobs and maybe someday even... The Demon... but maybe not until the control glyph is made available too... LOL

15. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

They have been bad since launch, with the exception of taming pets which were completely and totally overpowered for about a month until the first post-persistence patch hit (if memory serves). Once taming was brought into line, the complete and total neglect of summoning abilities and themes went into full swing. These abilities, and every attempt to fix them, have been nothing more than a disappointment and, at best, a parlor trick in game as their effectiveness is effectively zero if you have even a basic understanding of combat in this game.

I keep holding out for a summoner playstyle to be even close to viable in this game. Threads like these show up once in awhile, but unfortunately they always end up in the same place. These abilities are something that they either can't, or won't fix for whatever reason.

There's bigger fish to fry in this game, for sure. But I'm still continually amazed that a majority of the abilities in the game that are at the end, or require deep investment into a tree, are so completely and totally underwhelming and (honestly) useless. The payoff for getting that far and dedicating yourself to a particular tree for an amount of time to earn skills and abilities at or near the end of it should've been something they ensured was in place on day one. There's no payoff, there's no reward, and just about the only reliable thing these abilities do is make people wonder why they're so bad, and eventually regret spending time and xp to get them.

They really need to be addressed. Again. And actually fixed this time.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

To those who claim to be killing faster with the phoenix... of course you are it agroes EVERYTHING.

My phoenix barely does any damage as is (lv 40) and makes it very hard to actively fight things as it runs around pulling every hostile in the area.
    Just getting a command that keeps your pet at your side would make a huge difference.

Nelzie likes this.
  17. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I kill anything faster with a summoned pet out, it doesn't seem like much, but in a few minutes of time, a summoned pet can do a good 150 points of damage. I've fought a 400+hp mob, while my pet aggro'd and started fighting another mob, when I went over to finish that other mob off, it was approaching 230hp remaining out of 400.

That's more than "barely any" damage.

18. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

What level is your phoenix? Mine can barely kill a 1 skull spider at lv 40.

19. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

It casts Heal every 6 seconds and mine currently heals for 150's ..... It's about which stance you have the pet in.

Mac2 likes this.
  20. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

We should be able to have them defend a weaker party member. Guard that person, guard they guys pet.

blaquerogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.