Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of Courage: going to highvale an not being able to continue with quest line

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

1. Path of Courage: can't continue once in highvale, next part ( Gawain ) is not any where to be found.
    2. 100% Reproduction Rate
    3. 100% quest line Blocker
    4. I Received travel to highvale after finishing the quest line path of truth, once I traveled to highvale there was nothing that could be done from that point, nothing happens and Gawain was no where to be found.
    5. Finish Path of truth then continue on to do Path of courage once you get the quest Travel to Highvale from the titan.
    6. Win 10 64x bit 645 date 08.03.17

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It looks like you originally received the initial task to Deliver Gawain's amulet back in 2016, which would have set a flag to prevent you from returning to the Battle of Highvale. I have taken the opportunity to move your character to the Battle of Highvale for you. The next time you log in, you ought to be in front of Gawain. I also ensured that he gave you the amulet, which is necessary to proceed.

Thank you for reporting. Please let us know if you face any further difficulty!

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

thank you for the help, I just logged in an I am at Gawain (injured knight). thanks again

4. vitadrakonia

vitadrakonia Avatar

@Attenwood I have exact same issue, could you please do it for my character as well.

5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

@Attenwood Same here as well. Cannot continue on courage quest line.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

For clarification, when did each of you first enter Battle of Highvale? Do either of you recall your path from having entered originally before first attempting to return? Was it quite some time ago? This shouldn't be happening except in rare circumstances, so if there's a way players are able to get into this state that started recently, we'd like to dive a little deeper into this.

7. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

@Attenwood Hello I am having same issue. I just finished path of truth and cannot find Gawain to continue the path of courage. Can you please help me as first poster. Thanks

Update: I completed the courage quest, but the task for Highvale is still in my log. Wanted to let you know. thx

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. squerly1

squerly1 Avatar

@Attenwood I have a similar problem with the Path of Courage but I believe it's due to my computer crashing just as I began the instance in Highvale. Once I got my computer back up and running I no longer seemed to be able to get the instance to start again and only enter the regular version of Highvale. Can you help? I see no way to drop the quest and restart it from in game. Thanks for any help you can give me.

9. Sole

Sole Avatar

@Attenwood My avatar Sole has the quest to deliver the amulet, but I can't find the amulet in my bag or bank. Can you help with that?

10. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

I seemed similarly bugged.. and I have been bouncing from Resolute to Highvale to Valhold, and got stuck in a catch 22, having given the report from Cyannis there was nothing else for me to do, nobody would make an entry to my journal... then I went back to Highvale for the trillionth time, BUT this time I entered the instance without anyone in my party going in first, and I loaded into Battle of Highvale not the post battle Highvale scene! I think this is the key for others, so I am posting it here before I go any further. Gawain gave me an amulet, YAY!!!

But as I progressed further, I got to Harvest, and the ferryman was a real pain in the rump, wanted to be certain I was prepared, but would not say what he wanted me to tell him, nor did anything I told him seem to satisfy him. I could have circumvented the passage, but apparently, the quest line is very particular. I eventually got to the point of saying I was on official BUSINESS again, and when he asked what it was, I said Brigid, and it was acceptable to him, but it was not in his word list. That was a painful plot point there.

Now, when I was quest line broken, I made it to Valehold, and at the palace doors, the guards said I could go up the stairs and to the right to find Grannus. That was a lie, and that was when I knew I was bugged somehow and started retracing my steps to find where the quest was broken.

Now that I am unbugged, the guards at the palace did not bother to tell me WHERE to find Grannus inside, but they did grant me immediate access without me saying anything of consequence, I just had to talk to them. I am too tired to proceed further, so I will likely edit this post with further details and/or comments tomorrow.

:)

11. Nutcaze

Nutcaze Avatar

got the same issue, cannot find Garwin at location looked everywhere and my entry was 17/08-2017 hope you can hlp me aswell :)

12. Osprey

Osprey Avatar

Same issue here too - I cannot locate Gawain either althought the map has him marked up by the wagon near the practice archery targets.

Thanks in advance :)

13. Bootmonkey

Bootmonkey Avatar

@Attenwood Also having this problem. I cannot remember when I went to the Battle of highvale. Please let me know what i need to do.

14. Bootmonkey

Bootmonkey Avatar

@Attenwood, do you mind also putting my character into the "Battle of Highvale" so i can complete that section of the quest.

15. Skywalker75

Skywalker75 Avatar

Hello together and Attenwood.
    I also have the problem to get the Amulet because of there is no Gawain in Highvale (and sure he will be dead at this time, Highvale is after the Battle :) ). I have the quest Travel to Highvale where Sequanna sent me to discover. Dont know if i come with this quest normaly to the Battle of Highvale and if this is the starterquest for Path of Courage. I dont know if i was in the battle earlier.
    Help would be nice so i can continue the Path of Courage.

Greetings Duke Skywalker aka "Joereg Arvenson" ingame.

thoregundi likes this.
  16. Sole

Sole Avatar

@Attenwood I reset my quests to get a fresh start. I went to Highvale but I can't find Gawain there. If it's possible can you please put me (avaratars name is "Sole") into "Battle of Highvale" scene, so I can obtain the amulet?

Thank you so much!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  17. Amarth2

Amarth2 Avatar

Also cannot find Gawain..

18. t3hyoshi

t3hyoshi Avatar

It seems this issue is the same with me. I entered Highwind for the first time on the 9th of October, after I received the quest about a week before.

19. Jacques

Jacques Avatar

I was sent by Arabella to meet Gawain in Highvale to help with an investigation. I get to Highvale and all I find are archers, wizards, and zombies, but no Gawain or any other NPCs I can talk to. I started the game on the path of love, so I'm not sure if there should be a battle going on in Highvale or not. Is there an issue with starting the path of courage without completing the path of love first? If so, Arabella shouldn't be sending outlanders on a wild goose chase.

20. Jacques

Jacques Avatar

Ah! I just discovered I had to go to Resolute first and speak to The Lord Marshal. He then sent me on a quest to Highvale to find the Knight Aldorn. When I arrived in Highvale, I found Gawain with the city all in flames, just like it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.