Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When using a vendor to place a buy order, the items I want to buy are not in the list

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by magiraffe21, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magiraffe21

magiraffe21 Avatar

I would like to buy some obsidian bear and obsidian wolf carcasses to make food with. I tried to make a purchase order on my vendor, but those items are not in the list. How do I add stuff to the list of things that I can make a purchase order for?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this was previously submitted as bug 47150. lexie, is that still open?

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You should probably @Lexie that to make sure she sees it.

The problem with that list is it's an enormous whitelist and too easy for things to get forgotten. Is scrap still not in that list?

4. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Lexie is there a way to make this an official enhancement request for the portalarium one year plan or something like that? I can rephrase it if that would help:

When placing a buy order on a private vendor or a shared vendor, allow the player to add items to the list by dragging them from their pack into the "wish to buy" graphical window. Then, automatically bring up a quantity dialog so they could enter the number of items and the price they are willing to pay for the stack of items.

This way, portalarium would be finished with this bug and no future editing of the list of items would be required by the portalarium development team. When new items are added to the game, they could just be added manually by the merchant placing the buy order.

Thanks for your suggestions @Elwyn @Alley Oop

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

What if the player doesn't have the item they intend to buy? Like if they're wanting to buy it because they do not have it?

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

In that case, portalarium would have to constantly maintain the list of items that can be "ordered". With all of the changes to the list of items that are in the game, this would be a large task. The whole point of my post is to suggest a way to avoid them having to update a large list of items frequently.

If portalarium decides to maintain the complete list of items for the ordering window it would have to be automated to regenerate the list at some point. Should that be each patch, each time a player logs in or each time a player opens the ordering window. It would probably be most efficient to update a master list once for each patch, then have the ordering window draw the list from that database item.

I think it is good to continue this discussion, so maybe it will get on the 'to-do list'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.