Join the Meretz SotA Tribe

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

In case you missed it, Portalarium has partnered with Meretz Gaming Fitness to provide a way for players to earn in-game rewards for engaging in fitness.

[​IMG]

Currently, creating an account with Meretz, downloading their app, and linking your Shroud of the Avatar account will earn you a Wellness Cloak in-game. You can link a fitness tracker (including Apple Health or Google Fit, which don't even require a special fitness band), and earn Meretz Points ("MP") that you can spend to purchase Obsidian Potions, and in the future perhaps earn other rewards as well.

[​IMG]

While getting signed up and configured, Eric (@ahtraddis) with Meretz invited me to try out the beta of Meretz Tribes. This new feature is designed for groups to encourage each other to reach their goals, earn some special rewards, and help pave the way into the future.

I've created a Shroud of the Avatar Community tribe, and I invite all of you to join me. As this is a beta program, please understand that Meretz will be running some tests and experiments once we have a good number of members. But we will also be on the cutting edge of that experience.

To join, simply open the Meretz app, go to the Profile page, and enter the invite code of WELLNESS, then click Join.

[​IMG]

My hope is that we can use this tribe as a way to get fit, and maybe run some monthly challenges. We will see what comes as the feature expands. For now, join us!

@Berek @Chris @DarkStarr @dallas @Lord British

2. amarious

amarious Avatar

Joined!

Mal Hari, SNE musik, ena23 and 3 others like this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm with you! I personally use the app and bike to work and back every day. It's great!

4. Lippone

Lippone Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm in!
    Have the winter off so great motivation to get my butt in gear!

6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Joined, but for some reason my Meretz points won't go up, just stuck at 200. I've linked to my google fit (which ive been tracking my exercise with) but it doesn't seem to update to the Meretz app.

ahtraddis and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

I made the mistake of linking two apps (Google Fit and Fitbit), and even though Google Fit was the primary it wouldn't sync. I removed Fitbit and the next day it started going up again.

Eric is extremely responsive, so if you do have problems, use the Help option in the menu and send in a message. You'll get an email response very quickly.

8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Also, if I understand the reviews it generally syncs daily? I've just gotten started (had to install Google Fit as S Health isn't supported just yet) but I'll watch and see when Meretz updates for me.

ahtraddis and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

joined!

How can I see what our tribe is up to?

10. Browncoat Jayson

The tribe function is just getting added, so we can invite folks and try to get a large enough group for testing. Its very barebones at the moment; you might notice we don't even have an image for the group yet! I'm hoping to see more features soon. For now, use this thread!

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Have to say using the IPhone and it's health up. Meretz seems to update automatically for me fairly quickly. I'll keep watching it. Raking leaves today or I should say I'm raking Sherwood Forest today!!

12. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

Worked great! Look forward to being part of the group!

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It seems if my points havent updated in some time, i can tap the screen, or drag down on the points to force it to update.

I used apple health first then baught a heart-rate monitoring fitbit. It took 24 hours roughly to switch but the heartrate monitor on the fitbit more accurately recognizes workout intensity, and awards more points!

Apparently my job is very physically demanding

14. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Anyone using Google Fit? I still haven't had any activity updates in Meretz.

Solazur, ahtraddis and Sentinel2 like this.
  15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I am.

There have been updates in Meretz. I've already doubled my Meretz points (or whatever they are called). I see Google Fit counting my activity. Walking. It even noticed I ran for a minute down the hall :)

You would think I'd get double points or something for that ;-)

16. Browncoat Jayson

I am. Took a while to get the first sync (~24 hours). If you still don't get anything after that, use the Help option in the menu and send a message. Eric got back to me very quickly.

Zexarium and ahtraddis like this.
  17. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I'm on Google fit and it has been working for me. No issues so far.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I work for a major university in networking. All over campus, up and down stairs, constantly. I hardly sit at all during work hours. Might as well get some extra credit for the mileage.

19. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

Hey @High Baron O`Sullivan , send a Help note in the app so I know which account is yours, and I'll check it out. We have some others here who are also stuck at 200, particularly with Google Fit, which is my top priority to resolve.

For anyone stuck at 200, here are some things to check (I'm monitoring these things for you as a group, too):
    - First the obvious: Have you connected a fitness device/app? See Connect menu.
    - Have you connected more than one device/app? That's fine, but we currently use only the one you flag as "primary" to generate points.
    - If you switch your "primary" to another source, the change won't take effect until the next day (UTC time, i.e. Nov. 11 midnight). It does give you a warning. Also note that you'll continue to earn points via the original primary source until the cutover.

Additional things to check for Google Fit users:
    - Is the Google Fit app installed, set up, and running (which it does in the background)?
    - When you connected via the Meretz app, you picked a specific Google account to authorize. Did you choose this same account when you set up the Google Fit app? It's a little confusing but both Meretz and Google Fit show you which Google account you're currently connected to. If they don't match, try disconnect and starting again to make sure it gets off to a clean start.
    - Is Google Fit showing you activity for today or recent days? The Fit app can be a bit slow to initially register activity.
    - Do you see the same activity if you access your account via https://fit.google.com? If you don't see it here, Meretz won't see it either. Let me know if this is happening. How often the Google Fit app communicates with Google's servers may also depend on things like wifi availability. The web portal is a good way to double check that data is getting uploaded.

If you'd like me to check your account, just let me know via Help. It may take a few tries to troubleshoot the above, but I'm committed to getting Google Fit working for you! (and PSSST!! Samsung Health support is coming soon) ;)

20. ahtraddis

ahtraddis Meretz Rep

@Drake Aedus , once everything is syncing properly, you'll be able to earn Meretz Points all throughout the day. We credit your activity incrementally, each time your device/app syncs. Because when you need your potion you need it NOW! (or at least after your workout)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.