Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This is "Late Night"

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

[​IMG]

I asked in another thread about trying to tell time of day without a watch or something; that compass is my guiding light apparently.

Gix likes this.
  2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I always translate "late night" into just before day break, but it is confusing when you are not used to it

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This has always bugged me. The "Late Night" phase is 0300 to 0600 in-game time, and the sun is always up by the end of it. The 0000 to 0300 phase is called "Midnight", so clearly the description is as the beginning of the time slot.

They maybe should have made the time slots center on 0000, 0300, etc., but now I feel like it's a bit too late. But I guess if they just skewed the sunlight to be a tad later it wouldn't be so annoying. Or maybe if it was renamed to "Pre-Dawn" or something.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think the time-of-day names DID match with what was in the sky before they got so many complaints about darkness that they made the time it's actually dark shorter.

from release 11:

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If they renamed "late night" to "early morning" or "pre-dawn" then the confusion would go away.

6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I just noticed in this screenshot, apparently I have a quest called "Free Sir Patrick" and another called "Earn Sir Patrick's Freedom"

??????

7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I thought about reporting this as a bug some months back, as I have a screen shot in the Mysterious Swamp with the sun clearly up during, "Late Night", but I didn't. If they did change things, then my suggestions are below. I think I have all the current time period names listed correctly.

Code:
    Current                   New
    Midnight                Wee Hours
    Late Night              Dawn                 -- The sun rises during this period.
    Dawn                      Morning
    Morning                 Late Morning
    Midday                   Midday
    Afternoon              Afternoon
    Dusk                       Dusk                    --  The sun sets during this period.
    Evening                 Night Time

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Barugon and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Doesn't this leave a rather large gap? At night is the time I want to be able to track time the most, so I know when I can continue playing the game

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

What?

I'm not one of the folks who complained about darkness in the game, thus leading to the developers changing the time periods. I'm just making suggested renames of the existing time periods in game that make more sense. I consider the sun up in real life to not be late night, but early morning-- after dawn.

"Evening" to "Midnight" doesn't quite sit well with me. Perhaps "Night Time" to "Dead of Night"?

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

You can't tell how far along the night is when there are only two periods through the night.

Unless I'm missing something? Are the units of time equivalent periods and does night only last two units of time now?

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Night only lasts for 2 periods of time now-- each period lasting 7.5 real time minutes (60 minutes/ 8 time periods). Its been this way ever since the change.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think this would be a really good fit with one modification: change Early Morning to just Morning.

13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

How about "Wee Hours" for the period of 0:00AM to 3:00AM-- 0:00 to 7:30 after the hour real time?

Post above is edited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.