Path of Exiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

During my most recent mandatory break, i decided to check out path of exile... to be honest i really liked the nostalgic feeling of it reminds me of Diablo and its super active population wise. Lots of skills, builds, content, and its free!!

Anyway if anyones taking a break waiting for release might be worth checking out. its a click hack and slash fantasy rpg entertaining at the least. Graphics arent the best but if that was a top priority for most of us prob wouldnt be funding SOTA! This games not perfect but it shows how a fun game can be developed on 2.2m in crowd sourced funds.

Im so excited to hear release date for SOTA in the near future. In fact i might even tune into the upcoming telethon to see what incredible goodies the dev team have been working on!

https://www.pathofexile.com/game

digriz, Weins201 and Blake Blackstone like this.
  2. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

i think this may be wrong forum my apologies if it could kindly get moved to the "game room" pretty please.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't have a problem with where you posted it. I'm glad you are enjoying path of the exiles. I've played it in the past a little and it kept me busy even if a little mindlessly. I'm sure they are continuing improving it as most games do over time. I am indeed very excited and hopeful for this game. If feedback is implemented and listened to then I think it will be very surprising results in popularity soaring for this game. ok sorry to get off topic. you know I do that in my dream state. ;) Happy adventuring to you.

Korim Rackham likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm betting that it's Windows only....

5. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

At the moment it is Windows and Xbox One, with some talks of a Mac version but nothing concrete.

The challenge is the game is built on a custom engine so they don't have access to the same tools for cross platform support like unity does.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Xbox One uses a stripped-down Windows OS.

7. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

Considering its a good video game, that's a safe bet!

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, when it first came out, I played it through to the end... at which point it asks you if you want to start over at a higher difficulty level. I think they added new content now, so there's probably more for me to do if I wanted to get back into it. At any rate, it was fun playing through the first time and seeing all the content, but was a bit boring after that.

I find that most builds end up feeling really about the same, in the sense that whether you're an archer, or a fighter, or a mage, you all have magic in your weapons, so are just flinging out the same sparklies with different weapons. I played an archer, and archers are effective at point-blank range, so it feels kind of like a fighter. And potions always refresh, so its just a matter of timing yourself right; you don't really have to worry about losing anything, and don't have to worry much when you die. The whole progress of the game is based on level scaling where you get more and more powerful weapons to meet your level, and more and more powerful monsters to bash. Although the scenes you visit have some procedural generation, the difference between each version is somewhat minimal; for the most part, you aren't given anything that feels completely new. So it doesn't make it all that exciting to revisit after you've completed it, much the less play the whole game through a second time. But then I haven't had a real feeling of a replayable ARPG since the first Diablo game.

They do have a complex system for modding weapons and for stat advancement that's all cool when you first play around with it, but given the issues with making builds feel different, I feel that all lacked a real point. Unless you have fun juggling numbers around.

I did enjoy the art design and scene design, and a lot of the monsters, which is what made it fun for me going through the first time.

Echondas likes this.
  10. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

POE's a great game and the best ARPG on the market currently - by FAR. It's been a consistent hit for years, has TONS of content, and even more ways to build a character to complete that content. It's the real deal total package.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It is the true spiritual successor of Diablo 1 + 2

Played it a lot, very, very good game.

TheBalance likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The quality of the game has nothing to do with the OS.

Korim Rackham likes this.
  13. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Also for those interested a new league starts next week. What does that mean? It means all chars in the harbinger + league are moved to standard league in other words the harbinger league resets meaning everyone starts at level 1 and they dont keep anything from characters like starting new. The old characters are still kept but moved to the standard league along with all their items. Pretty awesome game few years old and every so often they reset league to start anew!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.