Release date announcement announced! When will it be? guess with me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoneWerewolf, Dec 4, 2017.

?

When will SotA be released

1. Q1 2018

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Q2 2018

44 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Q3 2018

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. Q4 2018

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. wait, what? where is the beta?

29 vote(s)
    20.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Loot crates would be very cool! Good idea.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  2. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

You're joking right? Did you see the EA Battlefront 2 fiasco?

Arcanoxer, Salix, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

They only lost 3 billion in shares. Peanuts. ;)

4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

I dunno I feel like my KS pledge is a loot crate. I'm still not sure what I will finally get.

Ice Queen, Salix, Bob Kelso2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Last_Crusader

Last_Crusader Avatar

I guess, like others have said, what's the point?
    The game has been in early access so long, there is no more resets, and they have had quite a few free trials. The game has basically been almost complete for a while now. What's going to change in another few months?

Couldn't they just say "it is official" in a week and just go on with telethon after telethon to continue to raise money and just do monthly patches to continue to fix/improve things?

Granted, I haven't checked it out in a while, (and may on official release), but in the various stages I saw it in, I wouldn't suggest any my friends buy this game. Even though they all enjoyed Ultima games back in the day, Ultima Online and WoW, I just can't see them enjoying this game like those. Maybe try it if it was free, but there are is just much better looking and innovative games out there on the market to spend money on.

Salix, Bob Kelso2 and Stundorn like this.
  6. eli

eli Avatar

I think it will be perpetually

"Q2 of next year"

Bob Kelso2 and Koldar like this.
  7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I have a MUCH better idea. WHEN you get your cloth map before Christmas 2018, you just send it to me instead of eating it. I'll PM you my mailing address.

Bowen Bloodgood and Budner like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The words "Its released" at this point are completely arbitrary words, dont really matter. More important would be "starting work now on episode 2".

gtesser likes this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Which map?

Eating the Physical or Digital one ;-)

Budner likes this.
  10. raxxus

raxxus Legend of the Hearth

Can't wait for launch! Can't wait for the flood gates of people to pour into the game!!!

11. Morreion

Morreion Avatar

I haven't seen any buzz about Shroud in a long time outside of the fans playing right now. Don't expect a release day like the ones pre-WoW. Open access for years = many people have moved on.

I had high hopes for crowdfunding as an alternative to AAA studio MMO development. That hope has vanished. Games with open alpha/beta testing for years leading to a technical official release day where few new people show up because they've long since moved on to the next game in development and the game peters out after a while seems to be the new thing.

Kudos to the housing system in Shroud though- it's awesome. Wish it would have worked out differently.

Superbitsandbob and Stundorn like this.
  12. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I care because that's the important next step, but I don't care exactly what the date is, having fun playing.

I guess that will put them on a rigorous schedule...but they've already been on a rigorous schedule, with lots of interesting things in each release.

If they get a fair amount of players who stay, they'll relatively quickly need to add more high end content I guess, which would be nice.

Anyway I came to guess, and my guess is: May 22, 2018.

Also I vote that anyone who doesn't guess an exact date is disqualified. :)

Also we should have a real contest and put a little something on this, like 25k game gold or something (if anyone wants to take me up on this we should start a separate thread for those who are in).

If I see three or more people guess the same date and that ends up being the actual date I call the bet null and void because you obviously had inside info. :)

13. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Sounds like a bet, what will you give up when he has NOT recived it before christmas? ;)

Budner likes this.
  14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

If I'm wrong, I have a year and two weeks to come up with something.

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  15. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

I find that the articles you describe have mostly been written by the same person. A person active on these forums as well, who has repeatedly expressed his disillusion.
    He is of course entitled to his opinions, I'm not denying him that. But as far at articles go, I'd personally like to get a more broad and objective view on it.

16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I dont know who it is, but i absolutely agree - i found the articles myself - and i criticise some things too - not that fair and sometimes a little bit oneyed in just one direction.
    The p2w mention of the last article for example is not fair and well explained - people now think there is pay 2 win, but that i would disagree.
    My friend who doesnt play anymore and wait for a wonder that things change about skillsystem etc. asked me about it after he read about p2w items buyable. I explained him NO, just exaggeration about some dev crafted items for a charity event.

what i wanted to say is: they have already the bad press and the game is judged already by many people. We cannot expect a huge player increase with relase, because of that. Most don't care anymore about SotA. They long have give up and wait for other Games.

I for myself have a hate love relationship - i play the game more or les actively, but i expect nothing special anymore and i dont think it will be a success, especially for me and my playstyle, my guild etc...

I am curious about the new german guild Gerugons Garde and how they develop over time, if they stay or if the members go away and in the end there are also only a few left who play the game. Same happened to Drachenbund and Drachenfels especially.

Look the fansites newbrittania.info or sota-onlie.de they re more or less dead (unfortunateley) and the german community is split like no other.
    some play together. most play with or in US or EU english speaking guilds.

I - although i have not only friends there - have contact to some germanspeaking players in several guilds or projects involved, but they all do not play together or do projects or run guilds. Its all splitted.

Gerugon seems with his 30 YT followers the largest German Guild now, if it goes well, he will be the No.1 shelter for germanspeaking players.
    What before Drachenfels want to be.
    The City they are (Salisbury Plains) is also gouverned by a german player - former or still? member of Dracheninsel.

It would be good to have more interaction - but typical german there are some unsumountable differncies - and i am also part of this, because i want to roleplay the game and not min max it.

Elwyn likes this.
  17. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I think a good reference point is to look at how much of the original post wipe plan has been implemented (posted by Darkstarr with the land claim sequence). Please excuse any mistakes I may have made, I am just going off my best knowledge here.

green: implemented
    yellow: ongoing
    red:not implemented
    white: I don't know

Post-Wipe Schedule

By now you might be asking yourself “but what about feature X?” With this focus on polish and functionality, it is indeed true that some features and content will be going live after the final wipe. We intend to continue monthly updates for the life of the project, so nothing about that will change with the wipe. Please rest assured that we are still planning on getting the content and features below in those monthly releases. Here is the list of Post-Wipe features and content. As before, we will be releasing quarterly schedule updates for when these will go live. Please note that our plan is to complete all of the below before starting work on Episode 2.

• Player Housing
      • Magic Movers: Store/move a house/basement with all decorations intact.
      • Fencing/Wall Tools: Snapping together automatically and selecting complete sets to surround your lot.
      • Gear Decorations: Placing armor, weapons, etc., as decorations in your home.
      • Spawner Decorations: Placeable items that spawn a certain number of creatures like spider eggs / webs that spawn spiders and coffins that spawn skeletons.
      • Renting Rooms: Players can rent rooms to other players within their homes and basements.
    • Player-Owned Towns: Please note that following R26 we will have a thread in the forums to discuss PoTs and address specific questions about Static vs. Dynamic (among other things).
      • Multiple Templates for each Biome: For the final wipe, we will have 1 template for each biome. Post-wipe, expanding each biome to have 2-3 template options will be our highest priority for housing. As more templates come online, we will also create tech that allows us to swap a biome in a town without deleting everyone’s stuff.
      • Custom Static Player Owned Towns: As soon as we have multiple templates, we will begin working down the list of players who wish to have custom static towns. Order will be based on size and purchase date (i.e. the oldest and biggest will be built first). Please note that as long as you have filled in your form with a town name and template selection by 10:30 CST on May 27, 2016, your POT will be in the game as a dynamic POT.
      • POT Blessings: Blessings from objects placed in the town that scale based on occupancy.
      • Dynamic Overworld Indicators: Dynamic visuals that reflect occupancy (total and current) including the presence of nested PoTs.
      • Dynamic Resource Spawners: Spawners that scale based on total population. The more lots placed the less resources (critters, minerals, and plants).
      • Offline POT: Ability to access your POT in offline mode
      • Tools
        • Snap-to-Adjacent-Lot for Lot Markers: Tool to allow you to place lots directly adjacent to each other and have them align automatically (useful for row lots in particular).
        • Start Point Selection Tool: Allows owners to pick from a set of start points.
        • POT Connection Tool: Allows players to define connections between adjacent POTs.
        • “Lawn Mower”: Clears foliage and trees.
        • Water Lot Placement on Docks: Allows placement of water lot markers on manmade structures like docks and waterfronts (not just beaches).
        • Island Water Lot Placement: Allows placement of Duke and Lord of the Manor Island lot markers.
    • Player Customization
      • Armor Enamels and Leather Dyes: Ability to add enamels of different colors to metal armor and dye leather armor.
      • Custom Duke and Lord of the Manor Heads: As soon as we finish with overall character polish, we will begin work on these custom heads and the tech to allow them to be used instead of the heads from character creation.
      • Custom Family Crest (aka Heraldry): Unique art that can be displayed in game on shields, cloaks, and banners.
      • Multiple Characters: Multiple characters on a single account with shared property ownership, bank inventory and reputation.
    • Crafting
      • Alcohol: Brewing beer and distilling liquor which has mixed effects on the player.
      • Teachable Crafting Recipes: Teaching recipes to other players, much like emotes.
      • Public Gardens: Rentable planting beds in public areas for those who don’t own land but want to do agriculture.
      • Player Made Items in Loot: Crafted gear sold to NPC Merchants will have a chance to appear as loot on humanoid enemies.
    • Combat
      • Item Reputation & Affinity: Items will gain a reputation and affinity to the player wielding them after repetition of certain actions. That reputation will be represented by a name and an effect. For example, after killing 1000 dark elves, your trusty long sword is now called “Elf Bane” and deals an extra 2% of damage against dark elves.
      • Castle Defense Scenarios: PVP variations of control points.
      • Town Sieges: Story-related towns will periodically come under siege by the Cabalists. While under siege, the town’s functions will be affected.
      • Cover: The cover system will modify attack and defense values when you (or your target) are behind cover.
    • World/Story
      • Weather Game Effects: Weather will affect game conditions including watering plants for agriculture, damaging gear (rust), and slowing movement rates when raining or snowing.
      • Roving Encounters: Roving encounters (patrolling creatures) on the overworld map can be engaged (pulling you into a scene) or avoided if you wish to sneak past.
      • Shipping Lanes: Boats will become more than just teleporters to different scenes. They will have schedules and a chance to have random encounters while at sea.
      • Theater System: Rentable theater spaces with paid seating and audience rules.
      • Unique Scene Visuals: Once we get Novia filled with all the needed scenes (some created by cloning existing scenes), we will circle back and start modifying all cloned scenes to be visually distinct.
      • Unique NPCs: Once we get Novia filled with all the story-related NPCs and generic clones for all other NPCs (guards, merchants, etc.) we will circle back and add unique names and conversations for all the non-story-related NPCs
      • Player-Designed NPCs: Some of these will be present by the final wipe, but this backer reward won’t be entirely fulfilled until we complete the “Unique NPCs” task above
      • Place Items Anywhere: Being able to drop items anywhere in the world, not just player property is a hallmark of Ultimas and we hope to support this as well. Please note that this may only be available in offline mode.
      • Truth and Courage Storylines: Truth and Courage will be fully explorable by wipe, but not in a polished state.
      • Shroud Finale: The culmination where all three storylines come together
      • Minimaps: While the system will be complete and in place, we may not have maps generated for every scene prior to wipe. Pre-wipe priority will be placed on starting scenes and Love storyline scenes. Post-wipe we plan to have minimaps for every scene.
    • Social
      • Voice Chat: We will integrate something like Teamspeak into the game to allow for voice chat between players
      • Leaderboards: These track player rankings in PVP, Guild Warfare, House Decoration (determined via voting), etc.
      • Name on Tombstones: Player names displayed in the Brittany graveyard and on the Ancestor pledge reward.
      • Name in Domesday Book: Player names displayed in the Domesday Book.
      • Mail: Players will be able to mail each other (or themselves) items for a fee. This might also be the way we deliver some content like vendor sale proceeds.

18. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Thats alot of Red

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Really... we never realized that :p

One of the many reasons i avoid german game rants. Because they are no newsportals anymore. They either just copy a pressrelease and translate it to german or they rant. In the best of cases it is uninformed. In the worst it's a personal grief of the writer.

RPS forever.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Branchen out, get in love with fire.

Ok wait, love is to much, get in touch with fire and i'm ok now with it.
    Blades also cool.
    Maybe some Archery in the future and Deathschield?!?

Stundorn the Mage not Stundorn the Watermage anymore.

You people took me often to serious, when i'm exagerating :p

I still would love to see some more "things" but actually i enjoy playing again.
    Still leveling like a noob and slow as hell, but anyway :rolleyes:

Love hate relationships arent the badest, or? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.